Status: Check out my new story: Two Worlds Collide|| Stats for SCRM: Readers: 608; Subscribers: 116; Comments: 103

She Can't Read Minds

jane, pint sized stalker

Leslie’s mom, I like to call her Sally, helped my mom make dinner that night while Lucas sat in the living room chatting away with Leslie’s dad, I call him Bob. They talked about their kids most of the time which I’m sure bored Bob to no end; he’s not too fond of bragging. Bob always talked about sports and beer, lots of beer. Mostly beer. Belle sat with them, laughing at all her father’s jokes and animatedly speaking with her hands. Will sat in the den playing videogames while Grey watched tentatively on the floor beside him. My brother looked mighty annoyed by the ramblings of this intelligent man. Leslie and Markus sat in my room with me. I hid under my covers from the crazy four-year-old that is Jane while the twins sat watching NCIS and laughing at me. “She’s downstairs, babe.” Leslie said, followed by the sounds of gunshots from the television.

“You know,” I said, not planning on removing my covers any time soon, “I used to think I was one of the lucky people. One who never had a stalker but now,” I shrugged, “now I have a stalker. It’s life-changing. I-”

“She’s coming, love.” Leslie interrupted. It was sort of funny in the beginning when she’d just sit in my lap, giggle and stare at me, but after an hour or so she’d follow me. Now she’s gone crazy; I’ve hid an hour ago and she has yet to give up hope of finding me. “Why hello there, Miss Jane.”

“H’llo.” I froze at her voice. She was an adorable monster.

“Say Janie,” Markus said, cueing the young girl’s giggling(did I mention she had a crush on Markus?) and clapping, “how bout you go sit by your daddy? I’ll get you if I see Miranda.” Silence killed me for a second there before Jane’s loud clomping foot steps started and faded down the stairs. I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding. Then there were more steps, coming up to my bed and then my shelter was yanked from my body. I was unprotected, but now slightly happier seeing that smiling face. “I believe you’re safe for a while, Miranda.” I held out my hands to him.

“Help me up?” Markus hesitated for a second before grabbing my hands. Leslie sarcastically oo’ed and ah’ed at us, shoving popcorn into her mouth kernel by kernel. I felt my face turn beet red when I bumped into his chin. He seemed to be blushing too by the slight pinkness I was witnessing. “Th-thank you, for helping me up and for getting Jane to go away.”

“Miranda, say how you really feel about the small child.” Leslie said in a warning tone as she left the popcorn bowl on the floor and walked over to us. She draped one hand on either of our shoulders, giving me a creepy smile.

“Demon child.”

“What? I didn’t quite hear you, hun.” Leslie smirked.

“She’s a demon child, love, and I know you heard me just fine.” I smiled to her. I knew what my friend was trying to do; get me to shout so Jane would come giggling up here. She’d see me and I’d be tortured by an adorable small child. Leslie sighed, going back to her sitting spot and shifting the popcorn bowl back into her lap. We eat a lot of popcorn.

“Oh, and Andi, I invited the new neighbors. Your mom said it was okay when I called before and-” She grinned, pulling out her phone, “they’re here!” The doorbell rang, giving me a weird sickening feeling my stomach. Something was gonna happen. Leslie ran down the stairs shouting she’d get it the whole way down. I turned to Markus with a raised eyebrow. He shrugged.

“Cute guy?”

“Uh, yeah.” Markus nodded, rubbing the back of his neck. I crossed my arms against my chest and sat down on the edge of my bed, staring at him. “The girl isn’t half bad either.” The way he stood so awkwardly while saying that made me laugh. I reached out and pulled him to sit down beside me. “Brown hair, blue eyes, freckles-”

“Shut up, Markus.” Why was I still smiling?

He chuckled, “She has dimples, Miranda and-” I narrowed my eyes at him, pinning down his arms to make him shut up. Markus’s face turned red and his eyes widened. “She even has a tan.” He whispered with his adorable face that said he was innocent yet trying to annoy me. I stuck my tongue out at him as I hovered above him.

“Are you calling me pale?”

“Maybe.” He pursed his lips, watching me.

“Miranda, Mar-what’s up here?” Leslie asked, crossing her arms against her chest with raised eyebrows. Much like a disapproving mother. Two rather good-looking people stood behind her, staring at us with shocked expressions. I looked down at Markus thinking, we are completely innocent. He looked more like: if I go down, you’re going with me. “Andi, come with me. I need to talk to you for a sec.” Leslie added, grabbing my arm.
♠ ♠ ♠
that's what i call my little cousin--pint size stalker.

next chapter or the one after depending on how i do this, is when you may decide you dont like one of the new characters and one of the old ones. (not telling)
I liked this chapter. :) it took a cute little turn at the end then Leslie came back :(