Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Under Fire

I smiled as I put down my instrument and waited for one of the rock starts to speak. Finally Ben spoke up. " Well, that was a good show." "But.." Ian continued "it's not going to be good enough to get you guys far in the talent show. If you really want to win this thing then you need to write better songs. Songs that will get the crowd jumping."

I just sat there with an angry smirk on my face. " Tell me then, why, they are still calling for an encore out there, on their feet still clapping. Don't tell me thats the average finish for every band." I waited for the answer that i wasn't gonna get from Billy Talent members.
"That, out there" my dad pointed to the crowd "is below average. What we want for a finish is people moshing and screaming their lungs out. Not crying and clapping."

I threw down my picks in anger " I Don't Write Thrash Songs! not like i used to anyway." everyone just looked at me like I was a poor left alone animal, I hated it "okay fine...if you want us to perform better then we will, just let us pack up and go home."

The rockstars finally said their goodbyes and left. no one spoke until i broke the silence " So...how'd you think it went?" I asked Scott as we packed up his drums into Jarrons van. " Terrible. Your dad, Ian,and Ben were right, this is below average. We're gonna have to pick it up if we want to win that talent show." I sighed and turned around and leaned on the bumper of the van watching Annabeth and Reese argue about something. " Do you think I should start writing thrash again?" Scott pushed the last tom into the van and leaned agains the bumper with me " I think you should just keep writing the way you are now. Write how you feel Drew and everything will eventually take a turn for the better." I smiled and got off the bumper of Jarron's van and closed the back hatch. I turn around and see Jarron and Annabeth arguing about something and Reese just nodding his head in an approving matter. "Uh oh..this can't be good" Scott said as we walked over to where the arguing was going on.
"-can't believe you cheated on me!" Annabeth was deffinetly not happy, the entire parking lot could hear her. " I wasn't cheating on you!" Jarron deffinetly looked like he was panicked..he had the exact look on his face that said " uh oh, i'm caught". "Oh, okay then and you expect me to believe that these dirty texts to this Kendra are a mistake on your part?!" Annabeth shoved Jarron's cellphone at him and walked away "It's over Jarron! I'm sick of your cheating ass! go suck a dick and die in a sewer!"
"Woahhh okay, thats enough of that" I said as I finally step in to take control of this situation. As I go to grab Annabeth's arm, Jarron yells "I hope your finally happy Annabeth! you'll finally be able to be the hoe you've always wanted to be and sleep with all the boys in your band!" I stopped before i could grab Annabeth's arm as she started to run away from the bar parking lot.

As I walked back, i kept my eyes trained on Jarron. "Go catch and bring Annabeth back." I said to Reese and Matt. When I walked up to Scott, I stopped and spoke to Jarron " Why'd you say that? You didn't have to hurt her anymore than you already have." Jarron just smirked and said " The dyke deserved every bit of anger and hurt i put into those words."
What happend next...I dont remember but i do remember Scott pulling me off of someone and my fist covered in blood with a broken knuckle. "I hope your happy now Jarron, you dont get the girl but you do end up keeping your band together by not having your record label that signed you, sign us. good job on your sucessful assholeness." I shrugged Scott off and went and sat in the van and waited for Reese and Matt to return with Annabeth so we could go home. When everyone was finally in the van, no one said a word except for Scott who asked if my hand was alright and if Annabeth was okay. Other than that, complete silence fell upon the back seat of the van.
♠ ♠ ♠
There, Chapter 13..i think. anyway i'm like really tired and this just came from the top of my head.. this entire chapter..so if it sucks..just let me know and i'll change it when i'm not tired. anyway..thank you to my 12 readers of this story.