Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Calling All Skeletons

I was in our room playing on my keyboard we had in our room when Scott came home. I looked up briefly as he walked in and fell on his bed. As I turned my attention back to the keyboard, he started talking. "So, Jarron's writing a song about Annabeth breaking up with him" "Is he putting the part where I put him in the hospital in it?" I asked with a smug smile on my face. Scott looked out the window "Nope. He doesn't want any of his fans to find out he was in the hospital cuz of a fight over a girl. Says its gonna be the song thats gonna keep Ailen Penthouse on Sony's payroll." I sighed in disbelief and walked away from the keyboard after turning it off. "Good for them then" I said as I grabbed my writing notebook. "How many songs are you gonna put in that notebook of yours?" Scott asked while sitting up on the side of his bed. "As much as it'll hold" I told him without looking up. Scott got off his bed and walked over to mine and looked over my shoulder " What's the one your working on now called?" I leaned back and knocked him off the bed to keep him from seeing how i write the songs we play as a band. "Calling All Skeletons" I chuckled as I helped him off the floor "That hurt you bastard" I smiled and squeezed his hand that I helped him up with tighter. "Sorry, I didn't mean for it to hurt" I said as he gasps in pain. I put the notebook down and picked up my phone. Scott was putting his fingers back in place when I started texting Annabeth. "Who you calling D?" "No one" I said and laid down on my bed. "Then who did you just text?" Scott asked as he sat back down and spyed on the neighbors. "Annabeth" I swear to you, just a split second after I said her name, Scott jumps off the bed and starts jumping up and down. "You have to go to the bathroom Scott?" I laughed but his face told me this was serious and involved me so I stopped. "Dude, Matt and Annabeth are "Hanging out" tonight and Matt told me to tell you not to interrupt them. Band related or not." I tilted my head to the side "They aren't actually on a -" I stopped as my phone flashed with a new text message from Annabeth. I picked it up and read." Hey! Srry, I can't talk long. I'm meeting Matt in 10 mins. I'll talk to you later." I stared blankly at my phone for a minute, then deleted the text. I tossed my phone on the bed next to me, grabbed my notebook and started writing another song. " Another Song? I guess I'll let you get your creative jucies flowing and head over to Reese's place." Scott stood up and walked out of the room, leaving me with my pen and notebook.

*three hours later*

I lay on my bed texting on my phone to people at school who wanted my number so that they could say they were friends with someone who might be famous someday, when I finally get a text from Annabeth. "Hey! Srry about earlier, not being able to talk and all. Matt was in a hurry and it was the first i've been on since the break up with Jarron." I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose as I think about what to text back "Hey. It's alright, I understand, i would have spent the entire time writing songs anyway. How'd your date go?" I put my phone down and waited for the screen to light up. When it did I picked it back up and read. "It was alright. Deffinetly something I don't want to do with Matt again."
I smiled as I texted back " That's a shame" I said and was about to put the phone down when the screen lit up again "Not really, he didn't seem all that into the dating thing."
"He's not really the kind of guy to get into dating unless he gets something out of it." I waited for 3 mins until she texted back "Like what?" I chuckled as I told her what Matt wanted out of the relationship. Five minutes later she called my phone. "Hello?" I asked "Are you serious?! That's all he wants from a relationship?" I laughed and sat up on the bed "Yea, pretty much." "Ugh! Is that what every guy wants? Including you?" I smiled at her assumption " Not every guy is like that. Eventually I want it too but I'm not the guy who wants it all day every day." "Good!" she said. " Yup it is." She giggled " So are you ready for tommorow?" I stopped before I said anything to answer her. " I will be once I ask you a question." She paused and then said "Alright, what's the question?"
I sighed and gathered my confidence. "Will you go out with me Annabeth?" At first she doesn't say anything and I start breathing shallow and my palms keep sweating the longer she doesn't respond. I finally begin to loose hope when my phone beeps. "What the fuck?" I look at my phone screen, only to read the words "Dead battery, Please charge." "Dammit!!!" I yelled and throw my phone on the bed.

I look at the clock and sigh.10:55 p.m. I pick up my phone and plug it in and put my notebook in my guitar case. I finally turn the light off at 11:30 and doze off to a deep sleep full of nightmares of the talent show and Annabeth loosing intrest in the band and in me. I wake with a cold sweat and look at the clock again 12:00 P.M. "Get some sleep Drew, your gonna need it tommorow..or today..whatever. I slap my face on both sides and lay back down and drift into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
there. done. and i'm superrr tired. thanks to the readers and stuff..yea