Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Gunslinger

"Have you heard from your dad yet?" Annabeth asked as we were walking back from Drakes after hanging out and thinking of new songs. Unfortunately we couldn't come up with any. "No Annabeth, I haven't heard from my dad. He's probably too busy to contact me or he would have by now." I said as I held her hand. "The tours have already ended and you haven't heard from him. That must suck Drew." she said. I sighed and pulled out my phone. Suddenly it rang with Bullet for My Valentine's "Waking the Demon". I answered it " Hello?" "HEY DREW!!" I pulled the phone away from my ear as I heard Padge laugh. "Hey Padge. Whats up?" "Nothing, we're just driving up from Texas. Actually right now we're in Ohio. We're on our way back from the tours." I smiled as I secretly put Padge on speaker phone. "Good, its been quiet around here without you guys. Where's my dad?" "He's sleeping, I'm using his phone to call you instead of mine...because I forgot to put your number in my phone." Padge laughed as I smiled and told Annabeth "shh". Padge stopped laughing "Hey, its Annabeth there with you?" He asked and Annabeth took the phone from me "Yeah I'm here. Whats up Padge?" she asked "I've got something for you two and the whole band. So make sure you guys get back together." I laughed as Annabeth handed the phone back to me "Padge, the bands been back together since last week." I said "Including our new guitarist Drake." Padge was silent and then spoke again "How many guitarists do you guys need? You already have two." I told Padge about what happened in shop class during school "Oh, I see. You know you can get surgery for that right?" I smiled "Really?! That'd be epic if I could do that." Padge laughed at my use of the word epic. "Get it done Baby Tuck. I gotta go. We just passed the Ohio and Michigan state lines. I have to take over driving the bus. Talk to you guys later." "Bye Padge" me and Annabeth said. We hung up the phone and watched 4 news vans go by. "Holy shit" I said and Annabeth frowned. "I hate the news reporters." I smiled, grabbed her hand and started running the in direction of the news vans. "Where we going?!" yelled Annabeth. "To the Airport! its where their going." I said and ran the 7 blocks to the airport.

When we arrived we slipped in with the reporters past the gate security and then stood out of the reporter group as we watched a jet pull up. Reporters were taking pictures of the jet and then the doors opened and out stepped Jayson Reno. "The news reporters are here for Suicidal Silence." Annabeth said, sounding disappointed. I smiled as I watched Riley and Reno step down the steps to the ground and after them Matt. They all stood together for pictures. I look over the reporters and see one I remember. "Misty! Misty Davis! Over here!" I yelled. Misty looked up and waved me and Annabeth over. "Whats up Drew? Annabeth?" "Nothin much, just chillin here at the airport." Misty smiled as she went back to writing. "Whats with the reporters?" I asked. Misty turned back to me. "They're here to ask what it was like touring with big named bands. We're waiting for everyone to get off the jet." I smiled and took a deep breath "Misty, everyone off the jet." She turned to me with a confused look. "Matt Carter and Lennon Torres quit." She stared at me for a minute unblinkingly then turned back towards the jet as the reporters ran towards Reno and Riley as Matt made his way out of the crowd with his stuff. He spotted me and Annabeth and started to walk over. Before Matt could get too far, a band bodyguard stopped him. I saw them argue over something then Matt gave us a sympathetic look and got in the limo waiting for the band. "Douche bag" I mumbled and turned back towards the reporters where I could hear questions like "Where are Lennon and Matt C.?" or "Did they quit because of the poor treatment they were receiving after obtaining Matt Jensen?" I smiled as i watched Riley and Reno answer the questions while slowly backing up to the limo. When they finally got in and drove away. All the reporters walked out of the airport and drove back except for Misty. We all walked out and Misty finally spoke to us "Thanks for the tip Drew." she said as she put her camera in her car. "No problem. Happy to help." She smiled and then pulled out her pen "Can I ask you something?" I sighed "Sure, ask away." She uncapped her blue ballpoint pen and asked her first question. "Rumor has it that Katastrophic Breakdown broke up after the talent show when they didn't make it through. Is that true?" "Yea, it's true." I said "But now your back together? Another rumor" She added as I raised my eyebrow at her. "Yea, we've been back together for a week now." She smiled as she nodded and wrote. "Good, that's good. You were injured right? Can you still play guitar?" she asked. I shook my head "Not until i get my surgery." "That's too bad. one more question. Are you guys gonna keep the same nicknames you had as last time?" I smiled and nodded "Our new guitarist is gonna need a new one too." Misty was still writing when she looked up. " New guitarist? Whats their name?" I smiled "Drake Neff." Misty stared at me and then blushed while looking down at her pad and pen "Drake Neff eh?" she said smiling. "Well thanks Drew and Annabeth but I've got to get going now." Misty caped her pen and jumped in her car and drove away. Me and Annabeth started walking towards my house "You think she knows Drake?" I laughed as Annabeth asked me this question. "If I know Drake, then yea, definitely. She knows Drake"

*2 hours later*

I opened the door and hugged Annabeth "I'll see you later" I said. She leaned up and kissed me. "See you tomorrow." she said and walked to her car. I closed the door and watched her get out of my driveway safely and drove her way home safely. I walked upstairs and into our room. Scott was laying on his bed watching t.v. when I walked in and sat down on my bed. Scott looked at me, turned the power off on the t.v. and sat up. "Whats up?" "I wanna write a new song" Scott smiled and picked up an acoustic guitar. "sing whatever comes to your mind." he said as he started playing this riff i taught him before my accident. He played for a while until I had made up my mind on what I wanted to sing.

Yeah, you've been alone
I've been gone for far too long
But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

Never let it show
The pain I've grown to know
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you
Scott stopped as he hit pause and ducked under his bed. "What are you doing?" I asked. I didn't get a response until he said "Ah Ha! I found it." He came out from under his bed holding his wrist brace he wore sometimes. "Wear this and play the electric" I grabbed the brace, put it on and grabbed my Telecaster. "Alright from the top" and we started with the acoustic part again

Yeah, you've been alone
I've been gone for far too long
But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

Never let it show
The pain I've grown to know
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you
The acoustic cuts to the electric as I scream into the recording mic.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!
Letters keep me warm
Helped me through the storm
But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

I've always been true
I've waited so long just to come hold you
I'm making it through
It's been far too long, we've proven our
love over time's so strong, in all that we do
The stars in the night, they lend me their light
to bring me closer to heaven with you

(Bring me closer)

But with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you

I reach towards the sky I've said my goodbyes
My heart's always with you now
I won't question why so many have died
My prayers have made it through yeah
'Cause with all these things we do
It don't matter when I'm coming home to you

And with all that we've been through
After all this time I'm coming home to you
I smiled as Scott, hit the stop button. I put my Telecaster on its stand and took the brace off. I handed it back to him and sighed. "I don't think I'll be able to play anymore with my hand after that.Until the surgery." Scott nodded. "That's fine. We aren't going to need to play soon anyway." I smiled and walked over to the clock. "11:00." "Time to hit the sack." Scott said as I turned off the light and layed down on my bed waiting for sleep to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gunslinger-Avenged Sevenfold
Comments? please?