Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Are We the Waiting?

*Annabeth's pov*
I sat in the waiting room, my legs crossed to keep the creepy guy across from me looking up my skirt. I picked up a random magazine and turned my ipod on and up to max volume. I shuddered as I could still see the guy across from me trying to get a free peek. Finally, someone blocked his view as they sat in the chair in front of me. Only when they waved a hand in my face did I realize it was Scott and Jordan. I paused my music and unplugged my ipod from my ears. "Whats up you two?" I asked as I put the magazine down, which I now noticed was modern bride. Scott raised an eyebrow with a sarcastic smile on his face as Jordan started speaking in a hushed voice "How is he?" I shrugged "I don't know, they haven't even told me if he's done with the surgery or not. But I'm about to get up and go get some coffee. Want some?" Scott nodded and Jordan politely declined. I got up and walked out of the waiting room. I walked down the hall to the coffee pot the hospital had by the nurse station. I smiled and waved when the nurse on duty smiled and waved at me first. I filled the Styrofoam cups with coffee and walked back towards the waiting room. I took one step in and noticed three more people in the seats next to me. Reese, Drake and Misty had shown up in the waiting room. I handed Scott his coffee and sat down next to Misty. "Any news?" Reese asked. I opened my mouth to answer but Jordan shook her head before I could. "Nothing." I smiled "Guys, don't look so down, there's a 95 percent chance he'll play guitar again. and a 95 percent chance he'll live." Scott sighed and looked up at me "It's a 95 percent chance he'll live. That's true..its a 20 percent chance he'll play again." I sat down looking at Scott without blinking. "Your kidding right? You can't be serious.." I started to sound like I was pleading for Scott to be messing with my head. Scott just looked down at his shoes and shook his head. I sat down in my chair and looked down at the floor. Drew may never be able to play guitar again. I put on my Aviator sunglasses and put my hood up on my head. "I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me up when the doctor comes in." Everyone nodded and let me be, but instead of going to sleep, I silently cried.

*Matt's P.O.V*
I walked down the stairs to my kitchen where my cell phone was ringing. I picked it up on the last ring and flipped it open. "Hello?" "Hey Matt! It's Jarron" I was about to hit the end call button until Jarron said something to catch my attention again. "How's Annabeth and everyone doing? Are they holding up?" I contorted my face into a confused look. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "Drew's having surgery on his arm isn't he?" I dropped the phone but quickly picked it back up. "He's Having Surgery?!" There was silence on the other end of the phone "Yea? You should know this, You're part of his band aren't you?" I sighed "I'll talk to you later Jarron, I have to drive to the hospital." I hung up the phone, grabbed my keys off the table and ran out the door to my car.

*15 minutes later*
I pull into a parking space, lock my car, and run to the door. I stop at the nurse station and ask where the waiting room is. She points me down the hall and I walk to the waiting room. I turn into the room where five pairs of eyes look at me. "hi" I said and sat down next to Reese, who continues to stare at me along with everyone else. I hear a couple of whispers from girls over in the corner of the waiting room. "Omg! Clarissa, look! It's Matty J. from Suicidal Silence" I ignore the girls who try to get my attention and stay focused on the staring eyes of my former bandmates and three new people. "I'm sorry that-" Annabeth held up her hand to stop me. She looked like she'd been crying recently but no one could tell cuz of her hood and her sunglasses. "Don't apologize Matt. Its over with. You're Drew's friend as he is yours. We understand why you're here and why you left us to go with Suicidal Silence. That's over with." I nodded as Annabeth took off her sunglasses and put her hood down. Everyone broke off their stares and I looked down at my feet. Still the two girls in the corner were trying to get my attention. I looked up at them and they waved at me to come over. I shook my head and looked back down at the floor. I looked up again when I felt two people sit by me. They were both on my left and one of them gave Reese a dirty look since he was in the seat to the right of me. I sighed and tried to ignore them but they kept touching me and asking me for an autograph and picture. I declined all of those and finally snapped. "If you keep asking me for an autograph, or picture or if you keep touching me, I'm going to break your hands. My friend's having surgery right now and I don't want to be bothered by two little girls who don't have an ounce of shame. Leave me alone." I got up and moved next to Scott where there were no seats open for anyone to sit by me. I sighed as Scott patted me on the back. "Good job Matt" he whispered and went back to looking at the floor. Finally a doctor walked in and called the name of my former band. "Members of Katastrophic Breakdown, please come with me." I got up and held my breath with everyone else as we walked to a room where they were keeping Drew. It felt like an eternity until we finally got to his room.

*Drew's P.O.V.*
I sat up groggily as I faintly heard the doctor talking to someone and then I felt a small pain in my arm. I cringed and woke up completely. I sat up and there were sounds of astonishment. I looked over and realized there were more than just the doctor and nurse. My entire band was standing over by the door to my room. I smiled and let my eyes adjust. I finally realized that there were more than just my band members but there was also Jordan and Misty. But one more person that I couldn't quite tell who it was until I heard his voice. "He's awake." Matt said, stating the obvious as usual. I smiled and tried to wave but realized that I couldn't use my right arm so I just smiled. "Yup, I'm awake. Is that such a big deal?" Annabeth smiled with tears running down her face and came over to hug me. I hugged her tightly as she did me. "I'm glad your okay. I was so worried." I smiled and wiped away her tears with my hand. "I'm okay Abs, seriously." I held her hand as the doctor started talking "Drew, your welcome to have all these people in here but they'll have to leave soon so we can put fluids back into your arm. The cells we put into your tendons are going to need to get used to your body and the only way to do that is to let it rest. It's also the reason why you can't move your arm right now." I sighed and nodded "Okay doc, I might as well let these kids here go so I can get some rest right? But if I have to stay long enough to eat , I'm not eating any of that hospital food." The doctor smiled and laughed "Fair enough Mr. Parsons." I furrowed my brow. "Did you just call me Mr. Parsons?" "Yes I did Drew, is that a problem?" "No doc, not really" I said as I let go of Annabeth's hand. "I'll see you guys later. I'm gonna pass out now." and as soon as I finished my sentence, I blacked out. The last thing I heard was Matt put down his guitar that he brought in from his car and walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
There, That's done. I think that's the first time I ever did three P.O.V changes in one story. Anyway, Comment, and do other stuff. Also Read my other story Country Is My Rock. Its only three chapters but its good so far.