Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

The Pot

I woke up facing the pruney ceiling. I sighed as I sat up and turned the t.v. on with the remote. "If I spend one more day in this hospital, I'll go insane" I mumbled as I flipped through the channels. It's been an entire week since I had my surgery and they still haven't let me go yet. I'm starting to think something's wrong. I can move my arm now, not very well, but I can move it up and down and side to side. I can only move two fingers. However my entire arm is still numb, from my shoulder to my fingertips. I sighed again as I started going through the channels a second time. I finally stopped on the local Fuse t.v. I was about to set down the remote until I realized what they were reporting on. I turned up the volume and listend to it carefully. "Tim, there are reports that a local band's singer and guitarist has gone under some type of surgery and has not returned from the hospital yet. We've tried to get in contact with the hospital, however they haven't answered our calls. We have, however, found another source other than the hospital. Annabeth Chase, the bass player for the band called Katastrophic Breakdown, has given us a summary of how much she knows right now. She says that the surgery was sucessful as far as being able to use his arm for much more than just swinging it around and pointing at things. Playing guitar is out of the question as of right now though. Miss Chase says that his entire arm is numb and he can only move three fingers. Drew Riggs, the singer and guitarist in the hospital, is going to need severe rehabilitation of his arm and fingers." I tuned out as the reporter continued to speak. I sat back on the bed. Why does the media care so much about a little time singer like me? I cant understand it. I would never understand it.

I awoke with a start as Annabeth walked in my room. "Hi" she said as she walked over and sat on my bed.
"Whats up?" I asked as I looked her up and down. She was wearing her usual pink and black converse with a black tie and a pink and black checkered shirt and skinny jeans. She was holding her bass case in her hands as she sat down. "Whats with the bass?" I smiled at her as I looked back up at her. She sighed and opend up her case. "I wanna write a song with you, and since your here, I thought I'd come here and write with you."
I smiled as I grabbed a sheet of paper and a pencil. "Where do you wanna start?" I said as I wrote down the names of the writers of the song on top of the sheet.

*Time Skip*

I woke up and looked outside. It was night outside and I realized the window was still open. I shut it and turned over to come face to face with the doctor "AHH!" I screamed as I nearly fell out of the bed. The doc laughed as he grabbed me and pulled me back up on the bed. "Easy Drew. I only came to tell you that your free to go." I looked at him and then down at my arm. There were no tubes and no IV's in my arm. I smiled as I lifted my arm and moved all my fingers, including my thumb. I jumped off the bed and got my socks and shoes on. "Good thing i didn't wear a hospital gown, I would have gone outside with out changing out of it cuz i'm so excited." The doc laughed as I marched down the stairs and out the main doors. I pulled out my cell phone and called Drake.
"Hello?" I heard on the other end a womans voice. "Misty? Is that you?" I asked and the woman laughed. "Yes, Drew." she stopped speaking and then gasped "Oh, Drew you're out!" I laughed as I explained what just happend between me and the doctor. "Can you guys come pick me up?" I asked as I heard the door open and close in the house where Misty was. "Yea, we can" she said as she opend the door and pushed Drake out the door. "Thanks" I said and hung up. I smiled as I looked up at the moon and stars. I started tapping my foot and humming the song I heard while the surgery was going on. I stopped and sighed. "It's good to be back." I said and sat down on the bench where I waited for Drake and Misty.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay! another chapter done. I don't know how much more I can do like this though. It's weird trying to write and not have an idea of what to put next. Anyway! readers got some love for me? write it in the comments. Got Hate for me? write it in the comments.