Sequel: Wish You Were Here
Status: Completed

Katastrophic Breakdown

Breaking point/Split

I was woken up by my phone buzzing on the table next to my head. Still sleepy, I sit up and answer it.
"Drew?"
Yes?
"We Need to talk"
This isn't the same women who keeps calling me telling me we need to talk cuz she has something important to tell me and i keep hanging up on her, is it? I say as i wipe the sleep from my eyes.
There's silence on the other end and then a sigh
"You need to listen to me this ti-"
I hang up the phone and turn it off. I throw it on the floor and fall back asleep.
*time Skip*
I walk back from the stage and turn towards everyone as they put everything away.
"Well that went well didn't it?" I say as I listen to the crowd chant as Ailen Penthouse comes on the stage. I look back to my friends and everyone is looking at me with angry eyes. I lean back like their stares are pushing me back against my will. I take a step back and look at all them as they pick up their equipment and take all their things out the back doors to the back lot where the van is parked.
I stay and watched them biting my lip
What did I do?
Why are they so angry?
I sigh, pick up my things and walk out towards the van. As I walk i think about the woman I saw towards the back of the room during our show. She was intently staring at me, She looked a lot like me, She had blonde hair and hazel eyes.
I shake my head and tell myself that she cant look exactly like me, I hardly know the girl.
I open the back of the van and throw my guitar in and climb in after it.
As I'm about to the close the door, a hand catches it.

"Woah there, I need to talk to you there, Young Tuck."
Its Padge with my dad, moose and Jason. I look at every one of them and look back my friends. They're all still staring straight ahead with their arms crossed. I shrug and jump out and close the doors
"Whats up guys?" I ask as I close the doors
"We've got some bad news Drew. Its about the record company. They have the numbers of your debut cd sales." Matt says as he tries to keep it as quiet as possible by pulling me in closer.
"Bad News?" I ask weary of what they might say. Unfortunately what i don't want them to say...is what the problem is.
"You guys aren't selling enough. They're dropping you from their label. The tour ends after this one show."
I look at my dad, then padge as the other guys get in the tourbus and moose gets in the van's drivers seat.
I look back at the van and realize why they were so mad. It wasn't what I did wrong. Its what I didn't do to keep us on the label. I didn't try to sell the c.d.s. I just assumed that people would just hear us and then buy the c.d.

*Time Skip 6 weeks later*
I sighed and flipped through the channels on t.v. It's been 6 weeks since we were dropped from the label. I shut the t.v. off knowing that I was gonna end up on Fuse where they were gonna be talking about our demise and dropping from our label. I looked at the clock and got up.
It was time to go to Drakes and start practice with the entire band.
As I grab my guitar case, there's a knock at the front door. I sigh and walk over to open it.
"Helloooo---" My voice trails off as I realize whos at my door. Its the same woman from our concert that I said looked a lot like me. I blink and listen as she starts to speak.
"Listen Drew, I know you don't know me-" I hold up my hand to stop her.
"You're the same girl that keeps calling my cell phone. How did you get my adress..better yet, how did you get my number?!" I started for the phone and she grabbed my wrists. "Please Drew, just hear me out" I stop and look at her, I mean realllllly look at her. I realize she has my eyes, and the same nose. and the same shape of lips. I look at her, blink and cross my arms.
"You have 5 minutes." I say and she relaxes with a sigh and lets go of my arm.
"Drew....I'm your mother." she says and I look at her in disbelief.
"my mother? my mother IS DEAD!" I yell at her. From the look on her face she didn't expect me to yell. "My dad told me she died in an explosion working at some plant." I try to control my voice. She keeps her head down and I push past her and run towards the road.
I didn't even realize it was raining until I got into the middle of the road.

Now, I don't know what made me stop in the middle of the road but I did and looked back at her. She had a shocked and terrified look on her face. I couldn't fully understand why she looked like she did. I guessed it was from the shock of me telling her that she was supposedly dead to me. The next thing I hear is a truck horn and the wheels screeching trying to stop and then everything turns black. I open my eyes as I see lights infront of me, I can't feel my legs, and I cant move my arms. I look over at the house only for it to be blocked by the woman who claims to be my mother. I can't figure out why she's crying, or why i'm even looking up at here when i'm taller than her. Feeling starts to come back into my arms and i hold one up to keep the lights out of eyes. I scream in pain as feeling comes back to my legs and I try to move them. I look down and see what causes my pain. Both my legs are bent at awkward angles and so are my feet. I look back at the sky.I use my hand to lift my head up but as i do, i feel something warm and thick. I pull my hand back and see that its covered in red. I look at the woman supposedly my mother and see that my vision starts getting blury. I close my eyes and hear the woman scream into air and footsteps coming from the house. I hear Scotts voice, but I can't make out what he's saying. I open my eyes and smile at him. I whisper " shhhh, I'll be up in a minute...let me rest..." and then total darkness.