Sequel: If We Don't Die Today
Status: complete and still welcome for comments!

But Maybe We'll Live Forever

The Truth About The Killjoys;

I awoke the next morning to find myself sprawled on the couch in Bulletproof Liberation’s apartment, the guys strewn about, still sleeping.

I yawned and smiled, thinking back to the night before. It had been fun. I hadn’t had that much fun since I was sixteen and going to wild parties every night. I sure missed it, and I was glad that finally I was able to have some fun.

I stood up and stretched, walking over to the bathroom. I closed the door and peeled off my clothes, hopping into the shower and washing away the grime and grunge of the city night.

I sang in the shower. I’d always done it, and I did it now; I wasn’t really thinking about the people who I might wake up or anything. Currently, I was signing an oldie by The Beatles; the lovely “I Wanna Hold Your Hand.”

When I was done cleaning up, I wrapped a towel around myself and brushed out my hair. I picked up my clothing and threw it into Bulletproof’s wash, still in nothing but my towel.

I heard a bang behind me and someone say, “Oh, shit!”

I spun around, gripping the towel close to my body, seeing Kobra Kid; bright red and rubbing his head from banging it against the door accidentally when he’d accidentally walked in on me.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Kobra! Jesus, you scared me.”

Covering his eyes, he stumbled about and stuttered. “I s-scared YOU? Dude- ow, fuck! – You’re the one in nothing but a towel. If Party were to see this, I would be so goddamn busted right now… JESUS CHRIST, WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DOOR?”

I burst out laughing then. Sighing, I walked over and took him by the hand, leading him out of the room. “Word of advice, Kobra? You’ve got a great poker face. Use it when it counts.” I turned around and giggled, going to get changed.

By the time I was nice and dressed, everyone was awake. The guys were taking turns in the shower; the girls were already nice and clean. It was a busy morning, and by the time noon came around, we were finally ready for some breakfast, which was chocolate chip pancakes made by yours truly.

I had the feeling it was going to be a slow day, so I told everyone I was going out and then left. I walked down the Las Vegas streets until I spotted a large library, which I went inside.

Once inside, I saw the isles and isles of books. I smiled to myself; I’d always loved to read, and this place looked like my idea of heaven. I walked through the books, trying to find something to read.

What happened next happened by accident, I swear to you.

I was looking through the books casually, when I spotted a bright red book. I pulled it out and stared at the words on the cover, blinking. The Truth About The Killjoys, it read. written by former Killjoy, Robert Bryar.

I thought it looked interesting, so I opened up the book and curled up on the floor, beginning to read.

FOREWARD

Hello, friends. My name is Robert Bryar. I used to be what they call a ‘Fabulous Killjoy.’ My codename was Exterminator Toxin, and I was with the merry band of original Killjoys, lead by the infamous Party Poison.

At first, I was one hundred percent for their cause. Slowly, I did begin to learn things that should’ve been warnings to make me leave, but I was blinded by faith for the ‘cause,’ and I forced myself to believe that it was all for the best. I was lucky to be separated from my group by S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W, where I was pointed on a safe and normal path after being kept in a cell for some time.

I am now writing this to expose the ugly truth about the Killjoys: they’re not who you think they are, even if you aren’t on their side. There are so many terrible things they’ve done that they haven’t been told to the general public. I feel it is my duty to expose the truth.

Read on, my friend.

After reading that short, yet rather disturbing foreward, I wasn’t sure I actually wanted to read on. But at the same time, I was curious. I hadn’t known that there had been another member in our little Killjoy unit. Why exactly had he renounced his ways?

I kept reading.

CHAPTER ONE: MY GROUP’S MORBID HISTORY

From knowing Party Poison and his friends (Kobra Kid, Fun Ghoul, Bullet Deceiver, and Jet Star) for so long, I found out some less than pleasant things about their histories. In their twisted minds, it was all justified, and I bought into it. Looking back in retrospect, though, I can see that everything they did was cruel and terrifying.

For example, I learned that Jet Star had killed his own mother and father because they worked for BL/ind and did not agree with his motives as a Killjoy. He’s told me the story, and they gave him no reason to kill them from what I know: he just killed them in cold blood. He said, and I quote, “It was because I couldn’t afford to get caught. It was a hard choice to make, but it was something that I had to do.”

Also, I picked up from Bullet Deceiver that he lied and cheated his whole family. Though this is the most mild of any of the Killjoys’ crimes, I would think that his family deserved to know who he really was. “I couldn’t let them find out,” he’d said to me once. “If they did, they’d completely cut me off. And they’d get hurt.” At least we can say he had some care for his family, unlike Jet Star.

Kobra Kid and Party Poison, the brothers, have many a horror story to relate. Their countless crimes include slaughtering the wife and children of a BL/ind agent, stealing government information, aiding Jet Star in the murder of his parents, kidnapping a child, brutally murdering their fiancées, and countless murders of innocent people.

Fun Ghoul doesn’t have much of a history that he was willing to share. But I do know this: apparently, he killed his entire family. Not just the parents; no, everyone in his family that he knew about is now dead by his hand.

I slammed the book shut.

I couldn’t read any more of this.

I couldn’t be true, could it? This man, this Robert guy, he’d been a Killjoy, and he said that he’d been told all these things first hand. Had he just been corrupted by BL/ind? Or is that how the Killjoys worked; manipulating you into thinking BL/ind was the bad guy when they really were?

Even if I’d been neutral, I would’ve thought that these things were wrong. I never would have killed my family for anything. I definitely would not murder women and children.

I put the book back and stood up, running back to the hotel, trying not to cry.

I needed to know if these things were true.
♠ ♠ ♠
short but very, very important.

comment or else!