Sequel: If We Don't Die Today
Status: complete and still welcome for comments!

But Maybe We'll Live Forever

At The Club;

“You can’t be serious.”

We’d all split up as we went downtown, and I was left with Fun Ghoul and Party Poison, walking down a sleazy part of town where a lot of rebel prostitutes were hanging out.

Now, I was being forced to go into some dance club by Fun Ghoul, who probably had a few too many drinks at that motorcycle bar we’d been at a little bit ago, and Party Poison was too busy holding back laughter at the both of us, so he wasn’t protesting.

“Ah, come on,” Fun said, smiling. “Besides, I already said we’d meet up with the other guys here anyway. We didn’t tell you because we knew you’d say no.”

“What? No! You lie. How could Grace get in here?”

“We’re Killjoys, babe. No one fucks with us when we go to a club.”

I looked over at Party Poison for help, but he was only smiling and nodding at me semi-apologetically.

“You were in on this?” I hissed.

He didn’t answer me. He just laughed a little and grabbed my arm while Fun Ghoul grabbed my other. They began to drag me to the club doors.

I sighed. “Fine, fine. Get off me. I can have fun.”

The guys let go as we approached the entrance, where we were stopped at the doors. The guy who stopped us looked us up and down, and then nodded and sent us on through. “Go ahead,” he said. “The future is bulletproof.”

Party Poison nodded. “The aftermath is secondary. Thanks.”

Party Poison and Fun Ghoul ushered me in then, trying to keep me from being too uncomfortable. “It’s just a club. You’re the one who said we needed to have some fun. What were you expecting?”

I shrugged. “I’m not used to this sort of thing. I’ve never been to a club. Wild parties, yeah, but not official clubs. I feel so… intimidated,” I said, looking around as we entered the main area.

There was some smoke from the people who were doing drugs and cigarettes. It was very warm and muggy, but not so much that I was uncomfortable. Loud music blared through the speakers, and lights flashed everywhere as people danced and drank. There was a bar off to the side with all different colored bottles on the shelf. All the men working behind the counter were good-looking, and all the women were beautiful.

I felt the drum and bass music pounding through the floor and into my brain. I hadn’t even had anything, and I already felt semi-intoxicated from the feeling of the place.

We scanned the club for our friends. I caught sight of Kobra Kid waving us down from a booth off to the right side of the action, where Jet Star, Grace, and Bulletproof Liberation were also sitting.

I nudged the guys and motioned to the booth our companions were at, and we began to snake through the crowd to get to them.

“Hey there,” Jet Star said, smiling as we finally reached them.

“What’s up,” I said dully, collapsing next to Kobra Kid, who had his arm around the seat, making us look like a couple yet again.

They all laughed.

“She didn’t take the news well, did she?” Kobra asked.

“Nope, she refused to come in at first,” Fun Ghoul said. “Damn, this place is fucking awesome.”

I was about to tell him off for swearing in front of Grace, but Bulletproof cut me off, saying, “Don’t worry, she’s used to it. I swear like a sailor sometimes.”

I sighed and leaned my head on Kobra’s shoulder.

“Remember, the whole married thing was an act, sweetheart,” Kobra said, giving me a look.

I flipped him off and closed my eyes, refusing to move. “I have walked for three miles in heels, the least you can do is give me your goddamn shoulder.”

I felt his shoulders heave from laughter.

“Young love, how sweet,” Bulletproof said, taking a swig of beer and smirking at us.

There was a stiff silence after that. A smothering look came from both Fun Ghoul and Party Poison at Kobra Kid and I, which made us both get a little more stiff. I cleared my throat and sat up, examining my hands.

“Uh, Kobra, a moment please?” Party asked, looking at Kobra intensely.

“Uh, sure thing, bro.” Kobra shrugged and got up, walking off to the side a little bit.

“Well, that was—” Bulletproof Liberation started, but I shushed her and stared at the two guys, trying to read their lips.

Party Poison didn’t look happy. He was talking very seriously at Kobra, who’s hands were limp at his sides, nodding and shrugging and looking serious back. He shook his head a few times, and I saw Party kind of nod and shrugged a little. It seemed like Party was… I don’t now, disciplining him or something.

“I know he’s the boss and all, but what’s with that?” I asked, gesturing at the scene.

Jet Star looked over at them and laughed. “I dunno what he’s gettin’ on him about right now, but they’ve lived with each other for a long time, and as the oldest Party thinks it’s his responsibility to look after his baby brother.”

“Brother? I thought the Killjoys were an organization, not a cult.” I bit my lip, glancing over at the two of them again.

Jet Star and Fun Ghoul burst into laughter.

“Atomic, I think he was being literal about them being brothers.” Grace peeked up at me, smiling a little bit. “Like, biographical brothers.”

“It’s biological, Sunshine,” Bulletproof cut in, giggling.

I looked over at the two again, my eyes wide. It actually made sense. Just now, I was starting to pick up the similarities between the two of them. The intense eyes, the eyebrows, the way their mouths were. I blinked and stared at them as they talked, shaking my head slightly.

“Holy crap,” I said.

“Wow, I can’t believe you didn’t know already.” Fun Ghoul poked me in my side, laughing at me. “I thought women were supposed to be the smarter gender.”

I shoved him playfully. “We are. Trust me, we are way smarter than, for example, say, you. Seriously.” I laughed at him as he glared at me jokingly.

The brothers walked back slowly and sat back down casually, talking a little bit and acting as if nothing had happened. They smiled a bit at us, and Party Poison asked, “Well, then, what did we miss?”

“What was that all about?” I asked dully, looking at them. “Ya can’t just go over there and scold poor little Kobra here and then come back and act like everything’s totally chill.”

“No, it’s nothing, really,” Kobra said, a little too quickly. “It was some personal stuff. Don’t worry about it.”

“Uh-huh. Sure,” I said. I looked at the two of them with a ‘don’t-shit-with-me’ look, then waved down the bartender and ordered some whiskey.

When they gave me a shot, I downed it pretty fast, making all the guys whistle at me.

“Damn, girl,” Jet Star said. “Slow down.”

I rolled my eyes at him and ordered another shot, downing that one fast, too. I was feeling pretty good by then, and I could handle my liquor really well, so I stood up and smiled. “Okay, boys, anyone wanna dance?”

More whistles from the guys.

“Aw, come on,” I said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Party Poison’s arm, pulling him up. “You are coming with me to the dancefloor. You never have any fun. All work, no play. Oh, don’t give me that look – you should be happy I’m even doing this right now.”

I saw a few looks from Kobra Kid and Fun Ghoul. It confused me, but I shook it off and pulled Party onto the dance floor and began to move to the music.

He was looking at me. I couldn’t exactly read his face, but he was looking at me, for sure. I smiled at him and tried to encourage him to dance with me, but he just stared.

“Okay, haven’t you ever danced before?” I asked.

“Well, yeah. But not like this.”

“Seriously? Were you ever a teenager?”

“Unfortunately.”

“Did you ever party?”

“I wasn’t the most popular guy around.”

“Now that actually is shocking.”

“How so?”

I stared at him. “Well, look at you. You’re the classic bad-boy. Rebellious, hair dyed an ungodly color, nice build, nice face, somewhat charming. At my school, girls would’ve been all over you. And all the guys would want to be you.”

He shrugged. “I looked different back then. Trust me on that one. And I have no idea what we’re doing right now, so could you please…?”

“You are pathetic, dude.” I sighed and grabbed his hands, placing them on my hips. I put my arms around his neck and bean swaying a bit to the music. It was coursing through my veins. I closed my eyes and rolled my head back a little, moving along with the music, hoping Party Poison would get the idea.

Slowly, he began to pick it up. He moved in time with the music, the rhythm starting to reach his core, as well. I smiled at him and nodded with approval. “Now you’ve got it.”

We danced for a while before Fun Ghoul showed up and asked to cut in. I laughed and made a joke about how much he wanted to get laid, then started dancing with him.

Something told me that Fun Ghoul was a bit more popular in school, because he sure knew how to dance. Sensual, rocking, and party boy fantastic, he had this down. I laughed as I danced with him, eventually leaning on his shoulder and hugging him.

“You guys are fantastic. Fucking fantastic.”
♠ ♠ ♠
stupid. fucking. pointless. filler.
oh my god, this is so terrible please forgive me.
don't stop reading this just because i suck.