We Are the Kids From Yesterday

Like Tiny Daggers up to Heaven.

The three of us were watching the Killjoys take down as many Dracs as they could, but more were coming. I knew for sure that there was a hell of a lot more fifty Dracs fighting them.

I leaned against the Trans AM still holding Zacky in my arms. Looking over at Ritalin I saw her stare at the original killjoys, biting her lip watching them with admiration. They were her heroes.

I laughed when she punched the air muttering quietly, “Get ‘em Party!” She raised her eyebrow at me. “Shut up Ella!” She hissed, making me laugh harder. Zacky wiggled in my arms until he was sat down on the ground with his small hand in mine.

What seemed like ten minutes past and the drac numbers haven’t dwindled down very much. I was sitting on the hood of the car now with Zacky in my lap watching Jet Star and Kobra Kid work together. I heard Destinee groan when a laser beam got too close to Party Poison. She had one hand on her gun that was in its holster and the other hand covering her mouth as she gasped.

“Go,” I told the younger- yet taller by two inches- girl. Ritalin looked up at me with a questioning look. “They need all the help they can get!” She nodded pulling her blue and silver laser gun out of its holster.

“Will you be okay, by yourself? You are pretty-“

“You finish that sentence and I will tell Party Poison that you’re in love with him!” I threatened playfully, and she knew it but she closed her mouth and ran off towards the fight with a wicked grin on her face as she began firing.

We were a close group and none of us got very far from each other when Dracs were around, Zacky being the main reason so we could protect him, and the other reason is my clumsy self.

Two and a half years ago when we first met Ritalin Diamond, she saved my ass because I tripped while running from Dracs with Zacky in my arms. I’m not a very coordinated person and I’m clumsy most of the time, especially when I’m nervous or scared. I was a decent fighter in battles, but I could never be as good as Ritalin or the original killjoys, or even Nicholas.

“Mama,” Zacky pulled on my sleeve gaining my attention. “Look!” He pointed in the opposite direction of the fight. In the distance I could see five white suits, black hair and white laser guns before laser beams were flying past my head.

“FUCK!” I screeched loudly bringing Zacky to my chest, sliding off the hood. I set him behind me on the ground, gripping my sides to find my gun, forgetting which side the holster was on as the Dracs got closer and closer.

My right hand found my gun and pulled it out. Before I could bring it completely in front of me, ready to shoot, a laser beam hit my arm causing me to scream in pain and drop the gun several feet away from me.

“Mommy!” Zacky screamed, but I put my good hand behind my back, knowing that he was about to come out from behind to check on me. “Stay behind me Zachariah!” I told him in a motherly tone to make him listen but not to be harsh.

I went to pick my gun off the ground, but another beam hit me in my left leg. I collapsed screaming. I heard Zacky scream for me to get up, which I did, using the car to help pull me up.

The dracs were right in front of us, and I didn’t have enough time to get my gun with my hurt arm and leg. I twisted my body around to protect Zacky from the beams. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting to be ghosted.

I heard the pew pew pew of laser guns, but none had hit me. I opened my eyes looking to the side seeing a pair of legs clad in black jeans covered in dirt, so I knew that it defiantly wasn’t Destinee.

“You’re good,” The black jeaned legged person said. I looked up to see Fun Ghoul with his arms over his chest. “You shouldn’t be a killjoy if you can’t protect your son, let alone yourself.” Fun Ghoul said helping me up. He handed me my purple laser gun before running over to the rest of the Killjoys and Destinee who were taking on more Dracs than they could handle. I stared after the smallest killjoy with my mouth dropped and my hands balled in to fists.

<3<3<3

We had watched the Killjoys win against what seem like a hundred Dracs. Zacky and I were watching the fight go on from the Trans AM; I was leaning up against it while Zacky was in the driver seat hanging out the window.

“Are you alright?” Ritalin asked as she shifted her weight picking Zacky up, after he attached himself to her legs when she and the original killjoys got near us.

“Yeah, I’m perfectly fine.” I lied pushing myself away from the infamous car, making sure not to put a lot of pressure on my left leg. I winced with every step I took.

“Those burns look pretty bad,” Jet Star commented after I walked away from the car. I wobbled a bit, Fun Ghoul caught me before I fell to the ground. I pushed myself away from him immediately. Limping over to Party Poison, stand on the opposite side of Ritalin who was trying not to stare at the red headed man.

“I’m fine, really.” I said trying to convince myself more than anyone else. I knew the burns were bad, especially the one on my leg since the Drac that shot me was in close range.

“Really? Than this won’t hurt at all.” Ghoul snapped as he stood in front of me with an evil smirk grabbing my right arm, barely touching it though. I hissed in pain, snatching my arm away.

“We have a first aid kit back at the diner, go there with us and Ghoul can fix you up. He’s a good nurse.” Party offered laughing a bit, gaining glares from both Ghoul and I.

“Okay.” Destinee chirped happily from beside him. Zacky looked up at Poison and giggled as he took Zacky from her, putting him in Kobra’s lap in the passenger seat. Everyone was in the car, besides Ritalin, Fun Ghoul and I.

“Come on Astro! Stop being stubborn!” She pleaded giving me her puppy eyes. Her signature sun glasses were perched on the top of her black messy hair.

“I’m not going anywhere with him.” I snapped glaring at the Fun Ghoul. I stood my ground, not moving an inch. Ritalin sighed moving her gaze from me to Fun Ghoul. He sighed shaking his head before picking me up over his shoulder and putting me in the back seat hitting his back in the process with swears flowing from my mouth. I grumbled as I maneuvered around to make myself smaller so he and Destinee could fit in the car after he sucessfully got me in the car. Once everyone was as comfy as they could get, we got on the way to the DIE Diner.

“What’s your guys’ name?” Jet Star asked, breaking the awkward silence in the backseat.

“Well I’m Destinee, Ms. Grumpy here is Daniella but call her Ella and nothing else, and that’s her beautiful baby boy, Zachariah or other known as Zacky. What about yours?” Destinee answered knowing me, I’m not really social and I was pissed off.

They rattled off their names with grins at us. Fun Ghoul had grinned at Destinee and glared at me while ruffling my son’s hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay :D Thays my Chapter!!
Ritalin Diamond really wanted this chapter out now, so here it is :D

Send us some laser ammo for our guns, that or comments ;)

Have fun Killjoys
-Astro Zombie