We Are the Kids From Yesterday

Bulletproof Heart.

The DIE Diner wasn't exactly what you would call homey, but it was about as close to home as a Killjoy could get. It was a dirty lime green on the outside, with an extremely old gas pump. As you entered the diner, two booths were to the right, beside the front window. The bar was directly ahead, and behind that was the door that led to the kitchen. I glanced around slowly, trying to figure out where Dr. Death Defying did his broadcasts. Zacky pushed against me to get through, because I was blocking the doorway.

"Sorry sweetie." I mumbled, moving to stand by the bar. I watched Party Poison and Fun Ghoul help Ella limp inside and into a book. She grumbled as Ghoul walked away, and I couldn't help but giggle. Boy, if looks could kill. Poison leaned on the bar beside me and leaned in to whisper in my ear.

"He's totally into her. He always acts like this when he does. He has something against feelings." He chuckled lightly and watched Ghoul doctor Astro. They were funny to watch because they kept scowling at each other and throwing insults. When Astro was finally fixed up, Ghoul quickly got up and went towards the back. I looked over at Astro, who was blushing and glaring at me.

"You're gonna pay." She griped. I tried to hide a giggle, but Poison let his chuckle out loudly. "So will you!" Astro exclaimed. I burst into hysterics with Poison,, because we both knew why we were 'gonna pay'. Ghoul came back through with Grace, then made sure to stop and scowl at us.

"What the hell is so funny? What'd you do Daniella?" I immediately shut up and froze. He had this smirk on his face like he'd just hit the jackpot. Ella was going to kill him.

"What?" She wasn't blinking. She didn't even look like she was breathing. She was pissed.

"I asked what you did, Dani." Oh God. I quickly looked at Party Poison, mentally telling him to get Fun Ghoul away from her. He nodded, as if he had read my mind, and led the shortest Killjoy outside. Once he was gone, I could see Astro was seething.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" I tried to keep the smile off my face, because I knew how much flirting was really going on. "It's not funny Destinee!"

"It is. Because he totally digs you. And you dig him." I grinned widely and started singing. "Ella and.. Uh.."

"Frank!" Kobra Kid called in. I grinned bigger.

"Ella and Frank sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" I laughed loudly as she reached over to hit me.

"Huuuuush! He ruined any chance with me by calling me that!" I rolled my eyes.

"BS."

"No, really. You know how I hate that.." She looked up at me, and Poison and Ghoul came back in. I stared at them both for a minute with an eyebrow raised, wondering what had been said between the two. Poison and Ghoul seemed pretty close, and Ghoul really didn't seem like that bad of a person. He just acted like a little elementary school boy who tortured girls they 'like-liked'. There's nothing wrong with that, though. We all need some fun here and there, especially now.

"Can I talk to you, alone?" Frank asked Ella. She looked from me, to Frank, then back to me. I grinned and helped her up.

"Sure. Whatever." She sighed as I watched them head to the back, towards the manager's office.

I looked at Poison and grinned. "The hell did you do?"

"Psh, I just talked some sense into him, that's all." He laughed and stopped for a minute to look at me. "My real name is Gerard."

"Destinee." I took my gun from it's holster and set it on the bar, before hoisting myself onto a bar stool. I noticed there was a comic on the other side, so I reached over and snatched it up. I smiled as I flipped through it, missing the comics I'd had at home. "Is this yours?"

Gerard looked up from the comic and smiled. "It is. I don't have many, so I reread them a lot. But I draw them as well, so that makes up for it."

My smile grew larger. "I'd love to see them. I had no idea you were an artist."

"I did a lot before this started up. We all were in a band. I had my own comic book." His smile faded some and he looked down, but it wasn't long before he looked back up at me and his smile was back. "No sense in dwelling on the past, though."

"True." I heard a loud noise in the back and jumped "They've been back there a while.."

"I don't even want to go there." Poison laughed and I joined him.

It was great to find another person who tried to have fun in this garbage dumb of a situation. As I watched him doodle while we talked, I thought about what he said. He was right, there was no sense in dwelling on the past. As for the present, though, Fun Ghoul and Astro Zombie still hadn't come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Send us love, loves.
-Ritalin