Glitter

Chapter 15

Ronnie's POV:

I watched as Regan's car sped down the street before turning the corner and disappearing from sight. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Max standing beside me looking just as lost and hopeless as I felt. A moment later his face turned to one of anger.

"This is all your fault Ronnie!" he yelled glaring at me.

I turned and looked at him full on, "My fault? My fault?!? How the fuck is this my fault?!?" I replied.

"You're the one who fucking pushed her you stupid fuck! You're the one who started yelling at her! She's a grown woman! She can make her own choices! And now she's probably-never mind." Max said and began to walk off toward his car.

"Where the fuck are you going Max?!? After all that shit you said you can't just walk away! What is she going to do? I'm her brother! I have a right to know!" I replied running after him.

Max just shook his head, "Ronnie it's nothing okay? I shouldn't have said anything to you anyhow!" he said and continued to climb into his car.

By this time I was pissed. I grabbed Max by the front of his t-shirt and threw him up against his car.

"Tell me what's going on with my sister or I swear to god Green I will make you wish you had." I growled, my face inches from his.

Max shoved me back, "Get the fuck out of my face and I'll tell you. However not here. Let's go back inside. The neighbors are already looking out their windows. With your record I don't think it's smart to stay out here unless you want to go back to jail."

I watched as he started towards the front door. I glanced around and saw that there were a few people looking out of gaps in the curtains, drawn by the yelling and screeching of tires. Sighing I followed Max inside.

"So tell me what the fuck is going on." I spat as I shut the door behind me.

Max gave a short bitter laugh and sunk down on the couch, "Out of everyone I thought that you of all people would see it. I already kick myself for being so god damned blind."

"You mind telling me what it is I didn't see? Or are you going to make me guess?" I said rolling my eyes.

"When she came back to Vegas she was fucking popping Oxycontin left and right." he replied.

My heart dropped. Regan was using? Worse than that though was I had spent days with her and missed it!

"Are you serious? Regan's popping pills?" I asked.

"Well she was." Max sighed.

"Was? As in not anymore?"

Max nodded slowly, "Yeah I found her stash a couple weeks ago. She broke down and told me that ass that she'd been dating in Tuscon...Garret or whatever...was the on that got her into them. I took her to my place and let her detox and as of yesterday she was two weeks sober." Max replied his green eyes looking straight into my brown ones.

"You took care of her? Is that why she didn't pick up her phone for a week? Why didn't she tell me?!" I said, my brain running a million miles an hour and my feet pacing the floor.

"Yes, yes and because she was afraid to. She didn't want you to disown her. When she got better she told me that you said you were cutting all those people out of your life. She didn't want to be one of them." he replied.

"She-she thought that I'd get cut her out of my life? Really? I'd never do that!" I said.

"Well she was afraid that you would."

I shook my head and sunk into one of the empty arm chairs, "So you're thinking that she's going to go relapse?" I asked.

"No I'm saying that I know she is. The whole reason she was doing them was to get out of her head." Max sighed.

I couldn't believe this. There was a good chance that right now Regan was out there doing drugs. The question was where was she doing them though? I sat there for a few moments thinking about where she would go when it clicked. Before I had even realized what I was doing I was out of the chair and walking to the door.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Max asked.

I whipped my head back, suddenly remembering Max was still here.

"I'm going to get Regan." I replied.

"You know where she is?" he asked.

"There's only one person around her that she knows she can score from." I said.

His eyes met mine and it dawned on him, "Riley."

I nodded and together the two of us headed for his car.