Glitter

Chapter 6

The next morning I was woken by the feel of lips making trails along my neck and shoulders. "Mm...good morning." I smiled and turned over.

Max smiled down at me, "Good Morning to you too." he said and brought his lips down to mine in a soft but demanding kiss.

He pulled away a few minutes later and pulled him closer to his body, his hands running through my hair and gently tugging the tangles out. I smiled as I snuggled into his chest. I hated to admit it but every time I'd been like this with Garret I'd always wished it was Max.

"So I was wondering something." he replied.

"Yesh?" I asked.

"How would you like to go with me to meet up with the guys today? I know they would love to see you again." he replied.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. So you in?"

I thought about it for a moment, "Sure. Why not? What's the worst they could do? Egg me?" I laughed.

"Nah they won't do that. Forming an angry mob is more of their style." he replied.

I laughed and pecked his lips once before climbing out of bed and heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

'I have to pee and i'm starving." I replied.

"Well I'm tired as all fuck so i'm just going to stay here. Tell me when breakfast is ready." Max muttered his face half obscured by the pillow. Shaking my head I grabbed my hoodie and walked to the bathroom.

I quickly did my business before washing my hands and heading downstairs. I found my ipod and my little set of speakers from my purse before going to the fridge and getting out everything that I would need to make omelets. I pulled ham and onions out and sat them down on the counter on a cutting board before grabbing a knife, hitting play on my ipod and starting to dice them up into small pieces.

'Planetary (Go!)' by My Chemical Romance began to pour out of the speakers of the dock and I started singing along. I loved singing and I always had. People told me that I sounded like Ronnie just a little higher pitched. I took that as a compliment...I loved my brother's voice.

I guess I kind of lost my head in the music because I didn't hear the front door open or the footsteps across the living room floor. I was so busy I didn't notice anything until someone started yelling behind me.

"RAY-RAY!"

I jumped a mile in the air and screamed, turning and brandishing the knife at whoever had snuck up behind me. However I found it wasn't an intruder at all.

"Nason Schoeffler! God damn you!" I yelled at my brother's best friend and bassist.

"Nice to see you too Regan...now can you please lower the knife?" he asked nodding toward the rather large and pointy knife in my hand that was pointing in the general direction of his heart.

"Sorry." I replied and laid the knife on the counter behind me.

"It's okay. Now do I get a hug or are you going to threaten me with another kitchen utensil? Something a little less dangerous hopefully? A spatula preferably?"

"Shut up you." I replied with a smile and walked over and hugged him.

Nason AKA Nasty had been around almost as long as Max. He was like 3rd big brother. While I was in Tuscon like my father he'd kept in touch, letting me know what was up with Ronnie and such. I hadn't talked to him in forever though. The last few months before I'd left my phone had been shut off after Garret spend all our money on heroin. Eventually I'd gotten my Dad to wire me a little bit of money to get my phone back on right before Garret left.

I pulled away a moment later, "So I see you still have your key."

"That I do. When your Dad called and said that you were-" but he was cut off as footsteps began down the stairs, Max's voice trailing with them.

"Regan?" and a moment later he appeared in the kitchen doorway in just his jeans.

"I heard you scream and-oh." he said as he saw Nason and I standing in the kitchen, both looking surprised to see that the other was here.

"Green." Nason said curtly

"Nasty." he replied.

"Regan!" I said trying to break the tension. It didn't work. I just got stupid looks from both guys.

A moment later Max broke the death glare thingy that was going on between him and Nason to look at me.

"Regan I'm going to head home and grab a shower and change. I'll come pick you up afterwords. It's like 10 now so...noon?" he asked.

"Sure. See you then I guess." I replied and he walked over and pecked me on a cheek before heading back upstairs, grabbing the rest of his clothes and heading outside.

"What was that?" Nason asked as soon as the door shut behind Max.

"What was what?" I asked as I dumped the chopped meat and veggies in the garbage. Since I was the only one that was going to probably eat now I'd be happy with coffee. I found some instant in the cabinet before putting a glass of water in the microwave to heat up.

"What was Max Green doing walking around your house half naked?" he asked.

"He was my ride home from Tuscon." I replied.

"So what? You brought him home for a thank you fuck?" Nason asked.

My hand almost slipped as I pulled the hot mug from the microwave, "No! For your information his pants stayed on the entire night as did mine. Now if you're going to interrogate me you'll have to do so while I'm in the shower." I said and brushed past him, coffee now in hand and headed upstairs.

Now most people would just leave but not Nason. Ronnie wouldn't have given up and sure enough I could hear Nason trailing behind me up the stairs.

"Okay so then why was he in your house half dressed?" he asked.

"Max offered to stay here because of the thunderstorm last night." I replied as we reached the upstairs landing.

"And you're afraid of thunderstorms." he replied.

"Exactly. You're not as dumb as you look ya' know that?" I smirked and walked over to my suitcase and grabbed a red bra and matching boyshorts before heading next door to the bathroom.

"So how did he become the one that ended up coming and getting you?" Nason asked through the bathroom door.

I sighed, "It's a long story."

"Well I have nothing but time Ray so tell." he replied.

I sighed and as I stepped under the warm spray I told him the events of the past few days. He didn't interrupt no matter what I said. By the time I had finished my shower I had finished the story. Stepping out I dried off and pulled on the bra and panties I'd brought with me before wrapping the towel around my wet hair and walking out. I had no qualms about walking out in front of Nason in my underwear, he'd seen me half dressed dozens of times and saw me as nothing but a little sister.

"So you're dating him again." Nason replied.

"Yeah...well...no...I don't know." I sighed as I pulled on a pair of jeans and a tank top.

"Well you'd better figure it out. And another thing since when do you have so many tattoos?" he asked walking over and looking at my bare arms.

He took my hands and lifted my arms up so that he could look at them.

My left arm was a cascade of stars, music notes, flowers and lightning bolts in various colors. My right arm was a mix of sorts. My forearm was an homage to Tim Burton with Jack Skellington, Sally, Edward Sissorhands, Coraline, and the Corpse Bride.

The upper half, trailing onto my back were lyrics and band symbols. I had a Jimmy deathbat with 'To Weird To Live But Much To Rare To Die' under it, a heartagram, a Keywork, and mixed in with everything were my Dad, Ronnie and Riley's names.

In addition to the ones on my arms I had a large set of wings on my back, a heart on both of my middle fingers, and a picture of The Bride Of Frankenstein on my foot. All of them were less than 2 years old.

"I got them all over the past year and a half." I replied.

"Ronnie's gonna kill you you know. He was seriously against you and ink." He replied.

"Pssh...I have while before I worry about that." I replied waving him off and walking over to my dresser and pulling on bracelets before starting to comb the snarls from my hair.

"You may be wrong little girl." Nason replied and I saw him smirk in the dresser mirror.

"What do you know that I don't?" I asked turning to him raising an eyebrow.

He sighed, "Well....I know that in a week your brother is going to be a free man."

"Nu-uh! Don't you fucking lie to me Schoeffler!" I replied my hands shaking.

"Yes-huh. He's getting out in a weeks time. I was going to come and get you in Tuscon this weekend but then your Dad called and asked me to come check on you, telling me you were back in Sin City. And now you know. Ronnie Radke is about to get out of jail." he replied.

"Holy shit!" I replied and started jumped up on my bed and stared hopping around like a two year old.

"Jesus Ray calm down! You're gonna break your bed!" he replied.

"I'm just so happy!" I replied and lept at Nason who caught me before I could hit the wall.

"I know kid so am I. Now breathe because I believe that your boyfriend is here. Which is another thing I'm going to let YOU explain to your brother." he replied.

"Whatever." I replied and pulled myself out of his arms, too excited at the prospect of my brother getting out to argue about Max being my boyfriend.

"Listen to me Regan," Nason said as I grabbed my purse and my favorite leather jacket and headed downstairs. I knew he was serious. He never called me Regan unless it was. It was always Ray, Ray-Ray, Ray Gun, Ronnie Junior and once when he was drunk off his ass Steve. Now that he was using my full name I stopped and turned to listen.

"Be careful okay? I don't want you to get hurt like you did last time. Your Dad can't take that again and Ronnie'll end up back in jail because he WILL kill Max for it. Got it?" he asked.

"I got it Nason. Now I'm going. And thanks for being a wonderful stand in brother." I replied and kissed his cheek before heading out to Max's car.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was originally a LOT longer but I had to break it up so i'll have another one up shortly!!!

Regan