Glitter

Chapter 9

"Hey baby!" I smiled as I opened the door and let Max into the house.

I had gotten back from Nason's the day before. It had completely sucked having to leave my brother but he and the guys had stuff to start working on and I thought that it was best if I came back home. The only reason that I was okay with coming home at all was that I'd get to see Max again.

He was coming over today to hang out. We were going to watch movies and eat pizza on the couch and just hang out. I hadn't bothered to really get dressed even. I'd pulled on my favorite Marvel pajama bottoms, a random tank top i'd pulled from my dresser, my Vans hoodie, striped socks and my glasses. My hair was piled messily on top of my head and I really didn't care. Max had known me since I was a kid and had seen me like this millions of times.

"Hey." he replied and kissed me, his snakebites cold on my lower lip.

"So what did you bring to watch?" I asked as I shut the door behind him.

"2nd season of Metalocalypse okay?" he asked holding up the DVD set.

"Ohh! Put it in!" I replied.

"That's what she said." he smirked.

"You've got a dirty mind Maxwell." I replied.

"Well it doesn't hurt that I have inspiration like you." he replied.

I rolled my eyes and took the DVD from his hand and put it in the player before collapsing on the couch between his legs, my back resting against his chest. I caught sight of us in a mirror on the wall. He was dressed in a Slipknot shirt, basketball shorts and black ankle socks, his long hair pulled into a ponytail at the nape of his neck. His face held no sign of makeup and despite the fact that he had no eyebrows I thought he was perfect.

Max pulled a blanket over us and wrapped his arms around my torso as the first episode began. We got through three episodes before I heard Max's stomach grumble.

"Hungry babe?" I laughed.

"Sorta." he replied.

"How about some pizza? My treat." I replied.

"Sounds great. Sausage and Pepperoni?" he asked.

"You bet your sweet ass." I replied.

He smiled and pulled his cell out of his pocket and called in the pizza. He gave them the address before hanging up.

"So...did you tell Ronnie about you and I?" Max asked a few moments later.

"Uh...no. I didn't." I replied biting my lower lip and fiddling with the trim of the blanket.

He sighed, "Why?"

"Because he was so happy! I mean he started saying stuff about leaving behind the past and shit. I didn't want to disappoint him." I replied.

He nodded, "Did you agree with him? Do you want to leave everything behind? Me?" he asked.

I turned so that we were chest to chest, "What? NO! Of course not! I love you and nothing is going to change that." I replied.

"Promise Regan? Because I really don't think I could handle losing you again." he replied.

"I promise." I replied and pressed my lips to his.

The kiss quickly seemed to become heated rather quickly. One moment our lips were pressed together and the next thing I knew my back was being pressed against the couch cushions with Max hovering over me, his tongue tangling with mine. I pulled the tie out of his hair and ran my fingers through the long dark strands as his thumb rubbing circles on my hip bones. His hands moved from my hips and hooked in the top of my pajama pants and began to tug at them when the doorbell rang.

"Fuck." he cursed pulling away.

"I bet you regret that pizza now huh?" I asked with a smirk.

"You bet." he said sitting up.

"Okay I'm going to go grab plates and sodas and you go pay. The money's in my wallet." I replied getting up and heading to the kitchen.

I heard my purse jingle followed by a thud. I smiled knowing the he'd dropped my purse. Max's voice could be heard as he talked to the pizza guy then shut the door. I pulled out a couple of bottles of Jones soda, Fufu Berry for me and Root Beer for Max. I shut it with my foot and walked back out.

I turned the corner and saw Max standing above the contents of my purse looking at his hand, the pizza laying on the couch.

"Whatcha doin' babe?" I asked as I walked over.

"R-Regan what are these?" he asked and held out his hand.

My breath caught in my throat. In his hand lay the silver pill case, opened with the oxys spilled out.

"Regan! Answer me!" he said.

"T-They're asprin?"

"The fuck if they are Regan! This is fucking Oxycontin! Are you taking these? Please GOD tell me that you're not." he asked.

"Max...I...I..." I stuttered looking up at him.

"FUCK! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? AFTER EVERYTHING YOU'VE SEEN YOUR BROTHERS GO THROUGH?!? THAT I WENT THROUGH?!? YOU'RE GOING TO GO AND TAKE FUCKING DRUGS? I THOUGHT YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THAT! I THOUGHT YOU LEARNED FROM YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR BROTHERS! RONNIE WENT TO JAIL REGAN! RILEY IS FUCKED UP BEYOND BELIEF! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING THROUGH YOU HEAD?!?" he said yelling at me.

"I-I don't know Max okay?!? I don't fucking know!" I replied, tears starting down my face.

"When did all of this start?!?" he asked.

"About a year ago. Garret was doing them and somehow I ended up getting involved with them and that was it. I don't slam them though and I rarely rail them. It's mostly just me popping them with some water." I replied.

"It doesn't matter Regan. This shit is dangerous! You've got to stop!" he said.

"I wanted to Max! I was going to cut this shit out when I moved back!" I replied.

"And why didn't you?!?"

"I don't know! I know I keep saying that but it's the truth! I guess that maybe being back her brought back all those memories and I needed something to keep me from sinking back into them. The last time I was here I was depressed and suicidal Max. Being here again brings back all those memories! I remember how it felt when you left me! When Ronnie left me! It's hard not to want to stay out of my mind! To leave those feelings behind!" I yelled and collapsed onto the floor holding my face in my hands, the tears leaking out from between my fingers.

I felt Max's arms wrap around me and a moment later I was pulled onto his lap. He rocked me slightly as I sobbed into his shirt. I sat like that until I couldn't cry anymore.

"Regan listen to me....this stuff... it has to stop. Now." he said looking me in the eye.

I nodded, "I know."

"I'm going to help you do this. I know it's hard to do it alone. Now I want you to go upstairs and pack some stuff. Call your Dad and Ronnie and tell them whatever you have to but you're coming with me. If this place is what's making you do this shit i'm going to get you out of here. You're coming back to my place no if ands or buts. You're going to want someone there when you detox and I'm going to make up for everything I did back then and be there for you this time. I swear." he said.

"You really want to help me with this?" I asked.

"If it means getting you better then yeah I do. I know it's not going to be easy but oh well. Things with us are never easy. I love you Regan." he said.

"I love you too Max." I replied.

"Good now go pack." he said and kissed my lips softly before I climbed off his lap.

This was going to be hard and I knew it but I knew that it had to be done. I knew if it didn't stop I'd loose Max and that wasn't something I wanted to happen. And maybe if I didn't have to keep this secret from Ronnie then maybe I'd find the balls to tell Ronnie about Max and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is! Beware more drama to come! Please review!!!

Regan & Max