The Forest

The End Of The Beginning

Amanda weaved through the trees, ignoring the branches that reached out to grab her. Her bare feet stood on sticks and stones, making it difficult to run quickly. She saw the man ahead of her, she imagined what he might have done to her daughter. This provided the necessary fuel, Amanda ran faster, ignoring the pain in her feet. Amanda... Amanda... the wind whispered. She ignored it and continued running. You'll never escape... In this forest, you are doomed to die...

The sounds of a wailing river filled Amanda's ears. The man continued to weave through the trees, Amanda thought of a better idea. She suddenly turned around, soon she spotted a small clearing. She ran to it, but she was too late. She spun around, then screamed as she fell to the ground at the edge of the clearing.

~


WOMAN'S BODY FOUND IN FOREST!
Amanda White was found in a remote forest earlier this week. She was killed by some sort of large animal. Her daughter was never found. There had been rumours about the forest being haunted, are these rumours true? Many had gone missing in the exact same forest, but only a few bodies - Like Amanda's - had been found.

~


James ran his fingers through his hair. The picture of when the woman was alive showed him that this was the attractive lady from the restaurant. Her friend seemed quite rude to him, didn't that friend of hers know that he heard her calling him Emo? He didn't care though, Amanda's daughter was lost in a vast forest. He had heard the women talk about a small country town somewhat near Roma. He could travel there and find the forest mentioned. He had lost his sister to a forest when he was younger- he didn't want anyone else to die like that.

The woman that was with Amanda a week ago - Donabella - sat at a table. Luckily the restaurant wasn't busy. He stood beside a chair at the table, "Mind if I sit down?" he asked politely.

"I don't care," the woman replied forlornly, tears sliding down her red cheeks. James didn't ask how she was feeling, he knew enough about the feelings people got when someone close to them died. He didn't say anything for awhile.

"I'll get her back," James promised.

"Huh?" Donabella looked up, as if finally realizing he was there.

"I'll get her daughter back,"

"Petunia?"

"Of course,"

"Take me with you," James stared at the woman blankly.

"Pardon?"

"I'll help you get Petunia back. She's a good kid, she shouldn't be in that forest- if she is in the forest," Donabella emotionlessly explained.

"Alright, we can leave now if you like,"

"That would be good," Donabella forced a smile.

~


"Take the flesh from me and put it on display. We have mouths to feed- I'm sick of running away. I- can't believe my eyes, I'm terrified. Death, end of life and some say end of times. Take the flesh from me tonight and soon I'll play. Coming- coming- coming for you! Everytime we touch, yeah you know you got me on pins and needles, we're already dead, we're already dead," James sang along to Zombie Dance, by Escape The Fate. Donabella stared at the CD player with an eyebrow raised.

"You actually listen to this... This... Music?" she asked, James gasped dramatically.

"I should have you know that Escape The Fate is more epic than everything you listen to!"

"More epic than Cinema Bizarre? NEVER!"

"Cine-who?"

"CINEMA BIZARRE!" laughed Donabella, she found that the mock-fight calmed her.

"Escape The Fate!"

"Cinema Bizarre!"

"Black Veil Brides!"

"Lady Gaga!"

"Slipknot!"

"Kesha!"

"Korn!"

"Corn?"

"Korn. It's a band,"

"Who'd name a band after a vegetable?" Donabella asked, genuinely confused. James just sighed.

"Hey, I win!" he laughed after a minute, now it was Donabella's turn to sigh.

They soon reached the small town, they booked into a small hotel room, "We'll start searching tomorrow, it's getting late,"

"Good idea," agreed Donabella. She unlocked the door and walked inside. The hotel room had a small bathroom, an area for the kitchen and dining room, a cheap TV, and a Queen sized bed.

James sat on the bed, Donabella sat next to him. She looked around sadly- clearly missing her friend. James didn't quite know what to do, so he wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulder, "It'll be okay," he comforted her. She leaned against him, resting her head against his shoulder. They sat like that for awhile, until James finally stood up. He walked into the bathroom to get changed.

Once James walked out again in his pyjamas, Donabella walked in and got changed into her pyjamas. She walked out and climbed under the blankets next to James, "Do you want me to sleep on the couch?" he asked.

"No, I'll be lonely," James wrapped his arms around Donabella's waist. They stayed like that and did nothing else except for fall asleep. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day.