The Forest

Angel in disguise

James sat by the body of Donabella. Tears fell freely from his eyes, he didn't bother wiping them away. His 'help' sat somewhat near him, all looked forlorn. One, a girl with long, straight red hair gazed at him with soft eyes. One of them was a pale blue, the other a deep green. She forced a slight smile, this was Rebecca, the sweet, and innocent but as-quick-as-a-pantha one. Her original hair colour peeped through the fake-coloured hair.

Another girl in the group leaned against a tree, as bored as ever. Her black hair was cut to the bottom of her neck so it wouldn't get in the way. She had a scene-style fringe that was dyed an ash-white colour. Her muddy brown eyes incessantly kept watch for intruders. This was Corey, the tough, mean, and really strong one.

A guy named Max sat near Corey, he had scene black hair with red streaks through it and dark green eyes. He was even stronger than Corey, but more care-free. He forced a slight smile, trying to remain positive.

The sun began to set again, everyone stood up. Max pulled shovels out of his huge backpack, "What are you doing?" Corey raised an eyebrow.

"Digging, little scene princess," joked Max.

"Watch it, brother, or I'll hit you with the shovel!" snarlled Corey.

"If that's the case, you can dig with your hands," smirked Max, "Or don't you want to get your fingernails dirty?"

"I care as much about beautifying myself about as much a I care about you," sneered Corey.

"You must care about your appearance a lot then," laughed Max as Corey death-stared him.

"I'd leave her alone Max," smiled Rebecca, Max looked at her and smiled back.

"If you insist," he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

"Guys, what the hell?! While you're teasing each other you've completely forgotten about Donabella!" shouted James, clearly upset.

"Sorry James, we'll get to work now," Rebecca apologized quietly.

They all helped dig a grave for Donabella. After an hour of slow, hard work, they were finished. It probably would have been finished earlier if the ground wasn't filled with tree roots. James held Donabella's body up, then dropped it into the hole, he looked away. They filled the whole back up again.

Wolf howls filled the night air, Max built the tent and they all climbed in, for a quiet sleep.