If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Twelve.

Sitting cross-legged on her bed, Zoe stared blankly at the television with a block of chocolate sitting firmly in her hands. Her heart thumped as she recalled the events of the night. Her hand fumbled for the phone on her bedside table and she nervously dialled the numbers. She heard the phone ring a few times before a groggy voice answered; "Hello?"

"Billie?" Her voice was harsh and thick, and she felt slightly hungover although she hadn't been drinking, "Can you come over?"

-----------------------------

Half hour later, Billie and Zoe were sitting comfortably in the windy breeze of her balcony, inhaling their cigarettes and talking about absolutely nothing. That was just the power of having a best friend as non-chalant as Billie. Sitting on deck chairs, looking up at the glittering stars, as everyone slept soundly.

Billie was the complete opposite of Zoe. She was a lesbian, addicted to many things; alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, but somehow always managed to transform hersef when Zoe needed her. She was quite shy but loved by everybody, unlike Zoe who was usually the life of the party but had her fair share of enemies. Billie gave phenomenal advice and was very upfront in her thoughts and opinions, and would always be there for Zoe. They liked the same movies, bands, interests. Zoe had always said that if she wasn't straight and amazingly in love with Rob, their connection was enough to keep them together for a lifetime.

"So what the fuck is going on, babe?" Billie finally asked, after about five minutes of silence, "Your pretty little head looks lost."

"Rob's back," was Zoe's only response, but it was enough to explain the whole situation to Billie. She had been there from day one and watched the whole thing build up and falter. If it hadn't been for Zoe's reluctance to see her, Billie would have been over every day as Zoe coped with the loss of both Rob and Tyler.

"And what about Kellan?" Billie's eyebrow raised, taking a long draw from her cigarette, "You have to end it with him."

"I know that, and I'm planning on it. It's just really fucking hard," Zoe sighed, sucking on her cigarette, "His such an amazing person. He just isn't-"

Billie cut her off, knowing the ending of her sentence, "Rob."

"Exactly. What the fuck am I going to do?" Zoe groaned, resting her head in her hands.

"Well your going to take your head out of your hands, because you're about to burn your hair, dickhead," Billie laughed, yanking Zoe's hands away from her face, "And you have got to end it with Kellan. He doesn't deserve to be tagged along."

"And the movie?" Zoe arched her eyebrow.

"They're both actors, both professionals. They have to get over it. It's just how it works," Billie shrugged, taking a swig of a beer.

"I don't want to hurt him, Billie," Zoe sighed, her eyes travelling up to the stars in the sky. Her feet stretched out across the deck chair, her arms falling behind her head.

"Kellan?" Billie looked toward her friend, "Or Rob?"

"Kellan is amazing and I don't want to hurt him by ending it. He doesn't deserve to be hurt," Zoe looked back toward Billie, "But Rob, I'm hurting him by not trusting him, by not ending it with Kellan."

"This is ridiculous, babe. Think about yourself for once. Who do you want to be with?" Billie paused, only to see Zoe open her mouth, "No, cut the shit. You have to pick one. But pick the one thats going to make you the most happy. I can answer that one for you," she laughed.

"Oh yeah? Then answer it for me," Zoe laughed, throwing her head back.

"It''s pretty simple. I know his a dick and he made your life hell but I think his the only one you'll ever really be happy with."

"Robert fucking Pattinson," The two girls spoke in unison, laughing in harmony.

"It's definately Robert fucking Pattinson," Zoe smiled, looking back up at the stars and feeling alive once again.