If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Thirteen.

Opening her eyes at the tone of her cell, Zoe grimaced as the sunshine fell delicately on her face, and glimmered in her eyes. She groaned, as she rolled over, fumbling incoherently to pick up the vibrating cell. Placing it to her ear, she muttered a slight "hello?".

His laugh echoed throughout the phone, and her smile seemed to stretch across her olive face, "Did I just awake Sleeping Beauty?"

"I think so," she giggled, rubbing a hand over her weary face.

"Oh love, you sound tired. What did you get up to last night?" He asked, his voice sending shivers down her spine, "Did you talk to him?"

"No, I had Billie over. I'm thinking about doing it tonight. I don't know," she sighed, standing up and stretching. Her long limbs reached for the ceiling and stretched down to the floor. She smiled, hearing his exasperated sigh, knowing he'd be rolling his eyes.

"What did Billie say about it?" His voice seemed to increase an octave, causing Zoe to smirk. Rob knew about Billie's vile dislike of him, and in his mind, his chances were pretty much slim to none if Billie had to choose between Rob and Kellan. After everything that Rob had put Zoe through, Billie was more inclined to choose the goofy, lovable bear of a man.

Zoe giggled, knowing that Rob’s heart was probably pounding a mile a minute. She let out an exaggerated sigh before speaking, “Basically, there’s only one person who’s going to make me happy.”

“And that person is...” Rob trailed off, impatiently waiting for the response, “Would you like a fucking drumroll?”

“Uh yes, yes I would,” Zoe smiled, stepping out onto the balcony and grabbing a cigarette. She patiently sat through Rob’s “bruuuuum” before speaking, “I believe the exact words were ‘Robert fucking Pattinson’.”

“It’s always Robert fucking Pattinson,” he laughed.

“That’s what the magazine s say,” Zoe responded, inhaling a large drag of her cigarette, “Oh and something about being one of the sexiest men alive. Somehow, I don’t see it.”

“You’re a funny one,” his voice contained a lingered smile, “I have to board the plane. I’ll call you when I’ve landed, okay?”

“Okay. Have a good flight,” she smiled, stubbing out her cigarette, “Talk to you soon.” With that Zoe clicked the ‘end’ button and discontinued the convesation. She smirked slightly, stepping into the lounge room and falling haphazardly onto the lounge. She groaned as she looked at the time; 8:45am. She presed her head back into the lounge cushion, and attempted to rehearse her dialogue for the impending heartbreak.

---------------------------------------

Dressed neatly in black, denim jeans and a long-sleeved blouse, Zoe pulled her hair into a ponytail and stepped out of the apartment. She had agreed to meet Kellan at a nearby cafe to discuss the future prospects of their relationship. Kellan had made it quite clear over the phone that he was suspicious, seeing as the cast members of Breaking Dawn had to undertake a meeting in order to discuss the turbulent nature of Rob and Kristen’s breakup. Zoe sighed, knowing the one thing she hoped would never happen had finally started to take place. Opening the door of her black Astra, awkwardly manoevering herself to comfortably sit in the drivers seat. She lit up a cigarette and wound down her window, before beginning the fifteen minute drive to the cafe. Pulling up in the cafe parking lot, Zoe registered the brawny, black-haired man sitting alone at the round patio table. He looked slightly miserable, sending Zoe into a spiral of depressing thoughts.

Was this really the right thing to do? Was ending it with Kellan the bes thing for her? Zoe groaned, pressing her head on the steering wheel. Her head was racing with thoughts, a million translucent ideas interweaving and interchanging. Her confusion wasn’t making her decisons any easier. She pulled out her cell, fumbling to press the buttons fast enough.

Hey, my head is about to explode with confusion. Let me know I’m doing the right thing!

Inhaling deeply, Zoe grabbed her coat, and stepped out of the car. As she faced the direction of Kellan, she sighed, her shoulders heaving with the heavy burden that seemed to be boring her down. She couldn’t wait for a response, making her way through the cafe entrance and to Kellan’s awaiting table.