If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Four.

It was a long night. There had been fight after fight, tear after tear, sob after sob. Zoe hadn't let her guard down once, choosing to argue through her lack of emotion that had seemed to hover like a shield over her true feelings. It was Rob who pushed it, who kept bringing up his lack of prescence at Tyler's demise in a pathetic attempt to push a response out of the fragile woman he had fallen in love with years ago. He had continually brought up the fact that he had cheated, left his true love for a fleeting Hollywood romance. Followed by the fact that he had come storming back into her life, and forced her to sleep with him when she was clearly smitten by new love, Kellan.

Her responses were similar. She blamed herself. It was her fault that she hadn't provided enough affection to keep Rob from wandering off with Kristen. Her fault that she had let Tyler wither away inside of her. Her fault that she had fallen for his co-star. Her fault that she had been lured away from reality and into his arms again.

He hated himself. He had ruined her life and she blamed herself.

However, through all the anger, agony and heartbreak they had ended up back in the bedroom, back in each others arms. That made him feel even worse, although he wasn't object to the final decision. He had missed this feeling. Comfort, above all else.

"So, what's going to happen now?" It was a whispered question that he wasn't able to ignore. He had to ask.

She sighed, her soft hair shaking with her face, "With what?"

"You, me," he would have loved to have stopped there, and left that as the end of the matter, but he continued, "Kellan, Kristen?"

"You won't end it with her, Rob. You still have Breaking Dawn to film and can you image the tension between the two of you? Let alone, the tension between yourself and Kellan if he were to ever find out." Her words made sense, Rob could see the carefully planned out consideration in each word, but it still hurt him to think that she couldn't, wouldn't be his again.

"Are you going with him to the cast party?" There was a broken hint of hurt in his tone but Zoe ignored it.

"He asked me to."

"Are you going?" The hurt radiated through him again.

"Maybe. His been pretty excited about showing me off," she laughed, her laugh only biting into his pain again and again.

"I can see his point," he muttered, "You should come."

"He promised me I could dance with the star of the show. Thats probably you, huh?" she giggled slightly, rolling over to look up at him with shining eyes.

"Knowing Kellan he'd be talking about himself, but I can dance with you," Rob managed a laugh. Kellan was still his friend.

She laughed, "Yeah he probably was talking about himself. Dickhead."

"He really likes you, you know."

"I know," she sighed, "he's told me."

"How do you feel about him?" Rob was uneasy in asking, but felt it necessary.

"His sweet. Like a gentle giant," there was the laugh again, "Although he annoys me the way he continually changes his hair colour."

"You like it black don't you?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?" She smiled, and Rob could tell she was picturing Kellan. Another pang of hurt.

"He made it pretty obvious that his girl liked it black."

"His girl?" She giggled again.

"His words." Rob sighed, feeling the jealously poison his veins. He hated this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a short one. Another one of the cast party coming soon :)