If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Five.

After dismissing Rob from the house at around three in the morning, Zoe managed to gain roughly six hours sleep before her phone rang loudly from the living room. She sighed, stepping out of bed and slowly manoevering herself around the furniture to get to the phone.

"Hello?" Her voice was hoarse from waking.

"Hey babe. Whatcha doing?" She smiled. Kellan. A pang of guilt hit her stomach and she suddenly felt violently ill. She swallowed whatever had been gliding up her throat, and managed to speak.

"Just woke up. What about you?" She reminded herself what she had told Rob. It would never happen again, and there was no need to ruin a fantastic series of movies over it.

"Nothing much really. Was wandering if you wanted me to come round for a bit before the cast party tonight? You still keen to go?" She loved his voice, so edgy and raw and American. It was so different from Rob's thick British accent, and from her Australian one.

"Yeah babe. I forgot about it to be honest. I need to get a new outfit," she laughed, he groaned.

"Shopping? Naw babe, that wasn't my plan." However, she could hear the smile in his voice.

"It'll be quick. I promise. Then I'll cook you dinner." She knew that would win him over instantly. A homecooked meal passed on from her Maltese grandmother or German grandfather was always a hit with Rob, and Kellan was no different.

"Sweet. I'll be there soon, bub."

"Okay babe. See you then."

With a click, their conversation had ended and Zoe felt that gutwrenching illness that had stunned her before. She shook it off, making her way to the shower.

****

After half hour of shopping and a few brand new outfits, Zoe and Kellan made their way up the stairs of her apartment complex.

"That was quick," Kellan smirked, "Not much of a girl, are you?"

"Do you wanna go back to the mall?" Zoe raised an eyebrow, smirking herself.

"No," he covered, "No thankyou."

"You were the one that wanted to buy me an extra three outfits. I think you're the female in this relationship," she laughed.

"I make money now. I want to buy you things. Plus that last dress was really sexy." His eyebrows wiggled seductively, causing Zoe to let out a little giggle.

"So, what exactly happens at a cast party, Superstar?"

"Well if you wear that last dress, I'll spend the whole night trying to distract the guys away from you," he laughed, winking, "but its generally just all of us hanging out, dancing and talking and drinking. It's fun. You'll love it."

"I'm sure I'll have fun," Zoe nodded.

"Ash, Nikki and Kristen can't wait to meet you. They say I talk about you all the time. I don't think its that much personally, but they're really excited. Ash keeps talking about you like your her new best friend."

"And who are they?" Zoe asked, absentmindedly as she settled her key in the lock and moved forward into her home. She made her way to the kitchen and pulled out a large pot, filling it with water and placing it on the stove top.

"Ash plays Alice, the little psychic one. She looks completely different in the movie, you'd never guess who she was. Nikki is Rosalie, my..." he trailed off and Zoe could tell he was worried about her comfortability.

"I'm okay, she's your wife, yeah?"

"Yeah kinda," he brushed over the topic, "and then Kristen plays Bella."

"Oh," was all she could manage as she pulled the thick slab of corned silverside out of the fridge. They had to leave by five so she wanted to make sure dinner was ready by at least three-thirty.

"Even Liz is excited to have another girl on set," he smiled, relaxing back into the sofa and flicking on the television.

"But I'm not on set. Just at the cast party," Zoe reminded him, laughing a little at his furrowed brow.

"You can come on set?" he mused, "It'd be nice having you there."

"I'll try. One weekend when I'm not working," she smiled.

"Teachers and their work," he moaned.

"Actors and theirs," she giggled, skipping over to the lounge to give him a light peck on the lips. Again the pang of guilt and the violent outburst of nausea.

"You okay babe? You just went green." Zoe could tell their was an edge of joke in his voice but it was obvious he was worried.

"Yeah, I think I caught some twenty-four hour bug."

"You want me to cook?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Uh no, I'd be sick for weeks if you cooked, babe," she laughed, as he smacked her leg.

"You shutup, and get back in that kitchen." He laughed a big bellowy laugh and kissed her once more before she wandered absentmindedly back into the kitchen. The water had boiled by then and she was able to put the meat and vegetables neatly in the pot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :)