If I Wake up Tomorrow, Will You Still Be Here?

Chapter Seven.

The door opened, and Zoe could faintly hear Kellan arguing with Ashley. She felt nauseous again. Her eyes stayed planted shut in an attempt to stop the tears from rumbling from her eyes again. In doing that, however, she managed to throw up the rest of her dinner. Her eyes remained shut, trying to remove the image of Rob's face. She wasn't sure whether her dinner had made it in the toilet or was now in puddles on the cold black-tiled floor. She focused on Kellan's voice in an attempt it would soothe her.

"You have to go in there, Kellan! Maybe she's upset!" Ashley's ringing voice.

"I can't go in there. It's a chick's room, man."

Zoe laughed lightly at this. So Kellan, such a dick. She laughed once more and footsteps marched away from the cubicle, and the door swung open once again.

"She's laughing every time you talk. Maybe she's sick, but you should go in there, Kell," Nikki's voice trailed off into the music.

"She thought she had a twenty-four hour bug. Make sure she's okay," his voice lingered a little longer in Zoe's ears.

"You should make sure she's okay," Nikki snapped, "Stop being a baby and go in there."

"It's weird. She knows how I feel about going into girl's toilets," he groaned.

Another laugh escaped my lips.

"See! She wants to hear your voice!" Nikki scolded him, and Zoe could hear the faint slap of hand on skin.

"Can I just talk from here?" Another laugh, this time a loud bellowy one. Zoe's eyes opened, and she could see that she had left the toilet clean. She flushed once, and sat upon against the black granite cubicle barrier.

"Stop being a fucking girl, Kellan. She needs you in there." This voice scared Zoe into nausea again. She prayed he didn't dare step in here.

"And you're voice makes her throw up, so shut it," Kellan growled.

"I'll go in there if you don't," the thick accent warned.

"Enough boys, I'll go in and see if she's okay." This voice was motherly; Liz, "Are you okay, darling?"

"I don't feel well," was the only response Zoe could muster, "It must've been something I ate this morning."

"Oh honey, would you like Kellan to come in?" Liz's gentle voice asked as Kellan groaned from the door.

"No thanks. He wouldn't be much help. He'd just sook that his in a girl's bathroom," a laugh escaped my lips.

"Haha! She knows me too well," Kellan laughed also, "You okay, babe?"

"Yeah, I'll be okay. Go dance," Zoe smiled through her closed eyes. She flushed the toilet and sat back against the granite wall.

"I'll make sure Brittanica over here shuts up," Kellan smirked through his words, "I think you're having an allerigic reaction to British accents."

"Maybe its just Rob," Zoe joked, laughing lightly again.

"Love you!" Kellan called out, and from the sound of his 'woo' Zoe assumed he already knew the answer. For the past month it had been the same, 'thanks'.

"Can we get you anything?" Ashley's voice murmured, closer now.

"I should be okay," Zoe sighed, "Please don't let me ruin your night."

"Liz and I will come and check on you in about ten minutes okay?" Ashley spoke. I could hear the gentle smile lingering in her voice.

"We're just going to get a drink, honey." Liz's mothering tone spoke softly.

"Okay. Thanks guys."

"You're welcome," they appraised in unision.

The door closed and then opened once more. Zoe groaned, already thoroughly embarrassed by the events of tonight. She didn't need anymore sympathy or pity piled onto her. But then she heard his voice and she was in the toilet bowl once more.

"Wow, maybe you are allergic to my accent," he joked.

"I'm sure it has nothing to do with your accent," she muttered, "more the fact that i'm here with Kellan, and Kristen and you."

He groaned and wrapped his knuckles lightly on the door, "let me in."

"No."

"Come on," he sighed, "You're boyfriend wouldn't even set foot in the room. At least I'm here."

Nausea again. God damn him.

"Would it help if I spoke with an American accent?" he asked, obviously meaning it.

"It would help if you left," she responded.

"I'll crawl under the cubicle." His accent was a thick American one now. She had to pause, thinking it was another person completely, "You always liked it when I did that."

"Crawl under a cubicle?" she snorted.

"No," he laughed, "Changed my accent."

She didn't know what to say. There was silence for a long while, "You changed your personality with it."

"I'm sorry, Zoe, I really am," he spoke, and she thought it was genuine. She felt a hand reach underneath the cubicle and his slim, muscular body slipped underneath it. He was right next to her, breathing sweetly against her forehead.

"You're invading my personal bubble," she snapped.

"You invaded more than that," he responded, fiercer now, "You invaded everything that was me. My heart, my brain, my mind, my body," he raised an eyebrow, "But I didn't mind that."

"Stop it," she groaned, "Why can't you leave me alone?"

"I told you the first time we met," he smiled, recalling the memory, "You infected me. I can't, and won't, live without you."

"Stop pulling cheesy lines out of your movies."

"I can't do it, Zoe. I tried," he whispered.

"Not hard enough," she responded, "You left me. You cheated on me."

"Don't get me wrong," he started, and she kenw a big spiel was coming, "Kristen's amazing. She's beautiful, and fun, and breathtaking, but she isn't you."

"Well I don't know how anyone can beat someone who's so beautiful, and fun and breathtaking." Zoe grew more frustrated, her words forming a biting edge.

"You are the most amazingly beautiful woman I have ever laid eyes on. After all this time, seeing you makes my breath catch in my throat. Seeing you with Kellan burns every inch of me. The way you move is like nothing I've ever seen, you're gracefully clumsy," he paused to laugh, "There wasn't a time when we were together that I wasn't beside myself with laughter. I fell so madly in love with you, I'll never recover."

"You hurt me," she whispered, her heart pounding, "Kellan would never-"

"He couldn't even step foot into this bathroom, even with you constantly throwing your guts up. Some kind of affection he shows you," Rob muttered.

"Don't you dare speak about Kellan that way," Zoe spat, furious now, "You cheated on me. Him not coming into the bathroom is nothing compared to fucking your co-star and refusing to let me watch the movies so my innocence would be preserved. You wanted to have your cake and eat it too."

"Kellan doesn't care about you the way I do - "

"Did," Zoe corrected.

"No I still do. He can't love you like I do - " This time it wasn't Zoe who cut Rob off, rather an infuriated growl from Kellan outside the cubicle.

"Get the fuck out of that cubicle, you asshole."

Zoe stood up quickly only to plonk back on to the seat in a tremble of dizziness. Rob stood up calmly and opened the door, "Kellan - "

It was all a blur for Zoe, but as she stared across at the aghast faces of Liz, Nikki, Ashley and finally Kristen, she realised that they were all looking at the same thing. Rob lying awkwardly on the floor.

"Fucking asshole, get up!" Kellan yelled, another growl escaping his lips as Zoe stepped over Rob's bloodied face. He looked up at her with mournful eyes. Kellan kicked his crumbled torso, "Stupid fucking British wanker."

"Kellan stop it!" Zoe screamed.

"Get outside," Kellan spoke through gritted teeth, but Zoe realised he was speaking to Rob, "Get your fucking ass outside so I don't wreck this fucking place."

"Kellan," Zoe tugged at his arm but he pushed her away. She skidded across the floor, her head hitting the black tiles with a light thump.

"You fucking dick," Rob snapped up and in a blur the both of them were out the door.