Status: Based off of Blow Me Away and inspired by Overcome The Adversity

Drop The Puck, It's Time To Go

A Few Good Men

Image


*RASK’S POV*

“How’s your head?” Ben asked, nodding at Rask. Rask shrugged.
“I feel fine but the doctors say not to get ahead of myself. Still can’t play till well into February.”
“God damn! I never thought I could dislike the Penguins anymore…” Ben shook his head, then leaned on the counter. “Ok, so what did you call me over for?” Rask let out a deep sigh.
“Roxy came back one night after the Sabres came with a terrible mark on her face. It was really red and she said it was a hit from the game. I believed it cause it seemed logical. But the way she was acting for the rest of the week got me really worried.” Ben leaned in.
“What was she doing?” He asked, voice laced with concern.
“She wouldn’t sleep or eat and seemed extremely afraid to even venture outside this apartment. I finally confronted her about it and she was completely tearing up making me feel like a jackass but I had to figure this out.”
“God dammit! You always make her cry.” Ben said, lightheartedly with a smile. Rask glared. “Shit, sorry man, I’ll but the joke aside, so you were saying?”
“I finally managed to get her to talk and she finally told me that her ex, Jake Ramos, was back and that the mark on her face was from him.”
“WHAAAAAT!?” Ben exploded. “Nu uh, that isn’t what she said, tell me Ramos isn’t back!” Rask leaned back a little at the explosion from Benjamin McGregor, not expecting the reaction to be that big.
“That’s what she said, and he’s a violent, fucked up man…what did he do to her? I feel like I have the right to know and you seem to know.” Rask said, leaning in for emphasis.
“Fucking…Jake…Ramos…” Ben spat, looking at the floor. The inner MassHole of Roxanne’s brother was coming out and Rask had rarely ever seen it. “Thank you for telling me this. I should have expected him to come running to Boston but I didn’t at all. Look, whatever you do, don’t let Roxy be alone when she’s in Boston, ok?” Rask nodded.
“When she told me that she had a violent ex named Jake I told her not to leave Thomas or Chara’s sides in Raleigh.” Ben let out a breath.
“Good move man, I’m proud of you for that one.”
“It felt the best idea since she was leaving, I have no clue about this guy and I’m not near her, but seeing as I’m dating her I think I have a right to know about this asshole so I know what the hell to be worried about.” Ben bit his bottom lip and stared out the window.
“Alright, look, I can’t tell you everything because I don’t know everything, but I do know what he looks like. Pretty sure we can stalk him on Facebook.” Ben snatched Rask’s laptop on the counter and dragged it over to him. “Oh Facebook, you and your lovely stalking abilities.” While the two waited for the laptop to load and bring up Facebook, Rask dug deeper into this Jake Ramos.
“What did this guy do to Roxy.” He asked. Ben sighed.
“Look man, I don’t know the whole story but I guess I can tell you what she told me about this guy. I met him only once and right off the bat I had a terrible feeling about him but she just smiled and laughed saying I needed to stop being so protective.” Ben shrugged. “I took that in stride, she had a point and I trusted her judgment. But then, it was like she fell off the face of the Earth. Got no calls, texts, emails, anything. Till the day she called me crying about our mom. After she settled down with the job at the TD with you guys she opened up, told me I was right about Jake, he made her life hell in college, said he used force against her on multiple occasions.” Ben glared at the counter. “It felt like I was hit by an eighteen wheeler when I heard that, I asked why she didn’t report him when she had the chance and she said that she was petrified of what would have happened if he did and I think she still has that fear imbedded in her.” Ben then shook his head. “Shit, she’s going to kill me if she finds out I’m telling you this without her permission.” Rask shook his head, feeling a bit disoriented at hearing Ben’s story about Roxy’s ex.
“I don’t think she will, she might at first but in all honesty the more of her closest friends know, the better off she’ll be. I want to protect her cause seeing her upset is hurting me but I don’t know what it really is I’m protecting her from.” Ben nodded his head.
“I see what your saying man and I appreciate it. I’ve been scared of my sister’s welfare for two years now ever since she told me and especially now with all the shit Harper is throwing at her. The fact that Jake has followed her here really unnerves me, but I want to see this guy again so I can smash his face in for beating my sister.” Rask’s hands formed into fists at the last part.
“I’m with you on that, I don’t like how he feels he can beat her up…and thinks he still can.”
“Look, we need to get Bergeron, Boychuk, Marchand, Lucic, and Krejci in on this too, I can’t stand feeling like the only one with her eye on her. She’s unstable, I know it, and I…feel better if there if more than one person keeping an eye on her, especially now with Jake roaming around.” Rask nodded his head.
“I agree, now show me the picture of this jackass.”

*****
*ROXY’S POV*


“Hey, you must be my roommate for the duration of this weekend. I’m Roxanne McGregor.” I said, propping my suitcase up and holding my hand out to the really young kid unpacking his bag on one of the beds. He had a smile on his boyish face as he took my hand.
“Hey Roxanne, nice to meet you off the ice when you guys aren’t handing us our asses. Jeff Skinner.” I let out a laugh.
“Oh man, Skinner of the Carolina Hurricanes? Those were some pretty good games…for me anyways.” Jeff shook his head with a smile.
“Yeah, yeah rub it in even more, but in all honesty, nice to see meet you. I look forward to getting to know the second woman of the NHL better.” I smiled, feeling better at that. The whole flight down I was fretting about who I was going to be rooming with, I had a sick feeling that it would be Subban…and if it was I’m pretty sure the Canadiens would have to put up MISSING PERSON signs everywhere.
“Glad you can laugh it off Jeff, I’m only messing with you. I hope I give a good impression by the end of the week.”
“I think you will. Most of the team have been crossing you off as a cheap excuse for a hockey player but the way you play your game during both Hurricane games had me thinking otherwise.” I gave a smile, despite feeling stabbed in the gut by what he said about his teammates. I wonder who on the Hurricanes thinks that…
“Glad to know I’m not entirely hated.”
“Hey, I have yet to see why Erika Harper hates you immensely, or anyone else, other than being the second woman in the league and being drafted without working your ass off. Sure, that can get a some people a little on edge, but you seem like a generally good person.”
“I appreciate that Skinner, I think I’m going to be able to handle my room arrangement this weekend.” Skinner smiled.
“I hope so too! Let’s hope Rask doesn’t want to kill me for sharing a room with his girlfriend…” I let out a good laugh.
“Kid, you have nothing to worry about, you’re eighteen, I’m twenty-two and I would stop him from doing anything rash for it might fuck with his concussion even more.” I put my suitcase on the bed in front of me and began to unpack. “Now, I think we can all relax…as long as you don’t stare at my bras as I unpack.” I added jokingly. Skinner covered his eyes.
“Feel free to unpack now.” I smacked the kid on the back.
“Let’s hope we make the same team Jeff.”

*****

Hoisting myself onto one of the barstools I began to twirl back and forth in it, clutching my beer. It was Friday afternoon, the day of the fantasy draft for the All-Star Games and I was enjoying a early get together with my teammates before we were possibly split up tonight. The Captains were Nicklas Lidstrom and Eric Staal and I was leaning towards wanting to be on Staal’s team. I don’t know, for some reason I had a better feeling the Hurricane’s captain seemed to know what he was going to do, despite being the brother of the jackass Penguin who gave my man a concussion. I looked at my phone and reread the recent text message from Tuuk.

Hope everything’s well down in Raleigh, wish I was with you. I hope the All-Star Game helps lighten you up since I can’t. Love you

Closing my phone, I reverted my attention back to the conversation at hand:
“I sense death if Harper and Roxy have to cooperate together at Skills.” Chara stated to Timmy. I rolled my eyes.
“Yeah, well I’m going to die laughing if you is are on Erika’s team too and you are on the opposite team.” I stated to Timmy. Seguin looked at the barstool next to me and then hopped on it himself and began to turn back and forth on it.
“Feels weird sitting at a bar since I’m forbidden back is Boston.” He said, not giving me or my comment a second thought. “Wee…weee…weeeee…”
“I still can’t see why you guys have such bitter blood, you guys are alike.” Thomas said. “I thought Erika would be thrilled to see her efforts paving the way for others and you were such a big fan of hers…thought it wouldn’t become such a hostile rivalry.”
“Well, I tried to. She’s the one that decided to be wicked aggressive to me when I did nothing. Sorry I have your talent Miss Harper!” I spat, chugging some more beer.
“If I end up on same team as her, shit’s going down.” Chara said gruffly. “I can’t see why you like her Thomas.”
“I was with her during the Olympics and she’s really different off the ice. She’s talented, extremely loyal, not afraid to be herself, and she’s dedicated to her game and fans. She’s what a true athlete should be.”
“Yeah, till I showed up…” I muttered. “Tyler, what the hell, was your drink spiked!?” Tyler quickly stopped spinning in his chair and looked at me.
“What? Don’t deny you used to do this when you were younger. What else can I do in a bar? I’m eighteen for fuck’s sake! It’s not my fault America is retarded and has drinking ages at twenty-one.”
“America is not stupid you freaking Canadian!”
“Hey! Enough Canada jokes!”
“That wasn’t even a joke!”
“Thomas?” We all turned at the sound of a new voice and I spotted a blonde haired boyish guy standing there with a tilted head. “No way! Tim Thomas! Dude, I haven’t seen you since the Olympics! What is up?” Tim Thomas broke into a smile.
“Patrick Kane, nice to see you. Nothing much, just been busy with life and hockey. You?” Oh…Patrick Kane, blondie of the Chicago Blackhawks? USA Olympic team of 2010? In a bromance with Jonathon Toews? One of Erika Harper’s buddies? Biggest manwhore of the NHL? Yeah, that’s him!
"Oh you know, kicking ass in Chicago, winning the Stanley Cup, partying over the summer. The usual." Kane responded, giving a shrug, white teeth shining from his smile. I raised my eyebrows. Yup, definitely an athlete letting his status get to his head.
“Saw that Cup win, congrats on it. Though it should have been with Boston. This year though, I have a feeling we’ll be able to get it, especially since you’re probably still hung over from all the partying, we’ve got a better chance now.”
"Ouch! Thanks for that man, I'm glad you have faith in Chicago. You guys are pretty good this year, but I'm thinking my girl Erika is gonna pull it out this year. She's really rallying for it." I gave a snort at that. Of course he would, everyone loves Erika Harper…even I did. Yeah, hear my past tense?
“I don’t know, we’ve just got Roxanne and she’s tearing up the ice pretty good. Most of our games wouldn’t have been won without her.” Thomas said, pointing to me. I laughed and rolled my eyes.
“Thomas, that’s not true. We usually win those games cause you’ve been saving our asses when it comes to goaltending. I just help check people and manage to get shots into the net.”
"She speaks the truth Thomas, you're pretty on fire this year! Well I believe that we haven't met yet, have we my lady? I'm Patrick Kane. Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Shaking me head with a small smile, I held out my hand.
“Nice to meet you. Roxanne McGregor, can’t imagine the stories you’ve heard of me.” Kane took my hand and shook it.
“Well I've definitely heard plenty. You two are at each other's throats aren't you? But I don't let my friend's make my opinions for me.” He gave me a large, cheesy smile and I raised an eyebrow.
“Really…you’re one the first of her friends that aren’t on my team that has given me a warm welcome. Second to Ryan Miller. But I have a feeling there is a hidden reason for that when it comes to me.” Before Kane responded, Tyler all of a sudden jumped in his seat.
“Damn phone! Who is texting me-…oh?” He said, looking at his phone then at Kane…then back at his phone. “I’ll be right back guys.” He said, and scurried away, deeper into the restaurant. We all looked at each other and I shrugged. “I’m betting $20 he’s been spiked.”
“With energy drinks?” Thomas said.
“Yeah, energy drinks.” I said.
"Spunky kid. But yeah, Miller's a good guy. He's good at giving the benefit of the doubt. And what makes you think I'm conniving at all?" He said, leaning on the bar next to me where Tyler had just vacated, giving me a sly grin. Yeah…what makes me think huh Pat? I could feel Timmy and Chara tensing up at Kane invading into my space, not bothering to hide that he was hitting on me.
“Oh nothing, just the casual way of just strolling in next to me.” I quickly drained my beer quickly, and placed the empty glass on the counter, noticing Chara getting a call and walking away, Timmy’s phone going off next.
“What the- who?” He answered it, walking away, leaving me with Spider Hands Kaner. Yeah, he’s spider hands because every picture you see of him, he’s got his hands on some girl.
“Damn, nice chug, want another drink?” Kane asked, pointing to my glass, seeming to act more carefree now that the aggressive goalie and almost seven-foot-tall Slovakian were gone.
“Sure, I’ve got all night and that was my first one.” I said, waving down the bartender. Kane quickly jumped ahead and order me and him a round of drinks and I had to keep swallowing my laughter at all of this cliché shit. If only Tuukka was here…it would make it twice as hilarious to see my loyal boyfriend come and deck out Spider Hands Kaner. I stifled a laugh with my hands at the mental image and took the drink offered to me by Kane.
“So I have to say, you’ve been pretty hot on skates. Didn’t expect it in all honesty.”
“Thanks, I didn’t think I would ever reach this point in life, but hey, guess I did.” I took a sip of my beer. “Many people…dropping names...should probably suck it up and get the fuck over themselves.”
"Well maybe a certain person is a little misunderstood, eh?" Kaner said, smiling over the rim of his glass and trying to give me a seductive blue-eyed stare. I gave a hard green-eyed stared back at him, trying to convey a message to lay off. Now if it were my dark eyed Finn staring back at me like that, this would be a whole other story!
“Who…me or her?” I answered Kane.
"Well maybe a mix of both eh? I think you two got off on the wrong foot."
“Just like you and me, Patrick Kane. You can stop sucking up to me cause you think I’m hot because I am not single. I’m happily taken by a fellow teammate.” With that, I slowly edged away from the bar but before I could, a body showed up on my other side.
“Hey, can I have a red-headed slut?” Turning to face me was none other than Erika Harper herself. She then gave a mocked look of shock and awe. “Oh never mind! I found one.” I blinked a couple of times then glared hard at her, anger boiling down in my gut at what she just said.
“You…” I hissed.
“Yep! Me! Oh you might wanna give it up Kaner. You’re not winning this.” I glared hard at Erika, she pulled a prank, I knew it.
“You pulled a prank…”
“I wouldn’t call it a prank on you. It’s more like… letting Kaner off his leash? Yeah, that’s what it is.”
“You have me on a leash?” Kane asked. I looked at the blondie and then looked back at her.
“You’re sooooo lucky Tuukka isn’t here or your little player would be fucking dead.” I hissed, pointing a finger at the blonde. Kane had a whole bunch of mixed emotions on his face.
“HEY! ONLY I CAN BITCH AT HIM FOR BEING A PLAYER! HE'S MY PLAYER!”
“SHUT UP SKANK, I DON'T APPRECIATE BEING HIT ON BY HIM! I'M ACTUALLY FAITHFUL TO MY MAN"
“Well I don’t bang my wingmate in the showers!”
“WHAT!? WHAT ARE YOU INSINUATING!?”
“That I know of your little love affair with a certain Canadian of Serbian decent. Seriously woman, someone so bulky? I don’t understand it. But that explains why he’s so fucking protective of you!” WHAT THE FUCK! She would say something shitty like that about me and Lucic! I needed to stab her back on the same fucking level!
“FUCK OFF you bitch! As if you never banged Backstrom! Seriously, someone so womanly?” I then all of sudden felt more bodies arriving, turning around too see my boys with Ovechkin, Crosby, Green, Fluery, Tanger, Kesler, Toews, Sharp, Keith, Duchene, Stastny, and Staal. I pointed at Timmy and Tyler. “You guys went along with this too!?”
“No! Honestly! I didn’t know this was happening till Erika texted me.” Tyler said. Ok, that explains the text he read and why he ran off.
“I didn’t either and I didn’t like it either.” Timmy said.
“But they still came to watch the show.” Erika grinned evilly at me and both my friends hung their head in shame.
“You sent this manwhore after me!” I cried, pointing at Kaner.
“Manwhore!?” Kaner cried.
“She has a point Kaner…but that’s besides the point!” Erika cried, turning her attention back to me. “Yes! I did! It was a great joke I couldn’t pass up on both him and you!”
“Oh thanks for that slut face. Sending him after me when you know I’m fucking taken!”
“Yeah, I know you are. Have to rub it in my face that whole game that you got to see your boyfriend all the fucking time!” Erika snapped back at me.
“That’s besides the fucking point! I didn’t get into a long distance relationship with a man who might not be straight! The point is, who knows what kind of STDs this guy’s picked up from all the ice girls, puck sluts, and secretaries he’s slept with! I don’t want to catch anything!” Erika seemed to get pissed at my slash at her boyfriend, but her face contorted into a mix of emotions. Them being anger and then pure amusement. She then burst out laughing.
“Okay, for this one moment we’re having a small ass truce because the last thing you just finished saying was fucking hilarious!” Kane gave Erika a really, really sad face.
“We’re no longer friends Electrika!” He then stormed off, leaving Erika to call after him.
“I’m sorry Kaner! But she has such a good point!”
“And after a run in with Micky and Electrika…Patrick Kane takes up abstinence…” Toews said, causing the group around him to start chuckling. Erika finished her laugh, then sent a glare at me.
“Now let’s get back to being angry at each other skank pants! I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT YOU CALLING MY BOYFRIEND GAY!”
“I told you sending Erika to stop this was a bad idea.” Dunchene stated behind us.
“Yeah, but you didn’t stop her did you.” Timmy said.
“Hey, this was all your fault.” Tyler told Timmy.
“Hey, she started it she needed to finish it!” Thomas defended. I ignored the bickering behind me and instead focused on Erika.
“There HAS to be a catch with Crosby!” I said pointing at him. Crosby looked at Ovechkin.
“I don’t know if I should be insulted or scared right now.” Ovechkin stared back at him.
“She have point.” Ovechkin just got a brownie point with me for that. Erika quickly addressed her boyfriend and friend.
“Ok one: Ovechkin, SHUT UP. DON’T GET INVOLVED IN THIS. Two, Sidney, you’re insulted. Don’t be afraid of skank pants, and three, Roxy, you’re just fucking jealous because my boyfriend is carved by angels and yours looks like he got hit by a bus!” She screeched. Sidney was looking smug while Thomas and Tyler’s faces went white. I don’t know if they were scared or a bit insulted by what Erika just said about a fellow teammate! AND MY BOYFRIEND! I began to shake with anger and went red in the face.
“EXCUSE ME!? TUUKKA DOES NOT LOOK LIKE HE GOT STRUCK BY A MOTHERFUCKING BUS! AT LEAST I KNOW HE’S STRAIGHT BITCH!”
“I don’t know how to feel about this…” Tyler commented to Thomas. “Should I be angry and siding with Roxy or siding with Erika telling Roxy ‘you walked into that one.’” Erika instantly started bursting out into laughter, heightening my anger and disbelief in my fellow teammate.
“TYLER! WHAT THE HELL!” I screeched.
“If I were you I would stay neutral kid.” Thomas said. “Safest bet when two of your friends hate each other.” So wise is Uncle Thomas…
“Seriously you two, you’re giving me a headache.” Staal groaned. “Can’t you call a truce for the weekend?” I glared at Erika and she glared back, silence looming. I don’t know if I could follow Staal’s request. But I wanted to be on his team and he was friends with Erika and he would appreciate Erika over me and would not want us together if we continued to hate each other.
“Honestly. I want to be able to have fun this weekend, with both of you. Can you at least be somewhat civil so I don’t have to choose?” Timmy whinned.
“Yeah, same with me.” Tyler said. I sighed, feeling bad for my two teammates. I held out my hand to Erika.
“I can pull a truce.” I said, then lowering my voice. “The whole world of the NHL knows we’re here…our ex’s might be following…I think we need to watch our backs and remember our earlier agreement?” I could see the other guys trying to stealthy sneak in on my whispers. “Back off! Girl talk!” I snapped. The mass of men backed off.
“You’re right.” She whispered back, shaking my hand. “A temporary truce can be arranged for the weekend.” She said again, loud enough for everyone to hear. I gave her a smile, knowing the power of the ex’s was going to keep us at bay for our teammates. Funny how my cheek sort of twinge just at the thought…
“Thank god.” Tyler said, giving a huge sigh of relief and leaning on Thomas.
“Is calling for another round of drinks with all of us pushing it?” Me and Erika looked at Thomas and he backed up. “Maybe it was…”
“I’m up for it.” I said. “If you guys are going to be future teammates I need to get along with everyone.” Just at that moment, Chara came trotting back to us.
“Sorry about that.” He then saw the crowd of people. “Holy shit, what did I miss?”
“Roxy and I had a truce.” Erika told him with a half-grin. I had to give an amused expression at his shocked face. “That’s right.” She affirmed smugly.
“Hey man! Great timing! You witnessing the aftermath of nuclear bomb!” Ovechkin stated, poking at Chara’s side with his elbow and a cheesy grin on his face.
“Drinks all around!” Timmy shouted. The boys chorused back with shouts of approval, me and Erika actually shouting with them.
Hell, I think I’m gearing up for a wicked kickass weekend.

*****

“Skinner, slap me in the face cause I think I just dreamed having drinks in a bar with people I know want me off the ice.” I stated, brushing my red hair and finding the clip to clip my red bangs back. I was standing in front of the mirror in my hotel room getting ready for the draft that night.
“I’m not going to do that cause I don’t think your boyfriend would appreciate that…plus I don’t need to be known as a woman beater!” Jeff called from within the room and I grinned. Unlike my ex…don’t be like a Jake Ramos…I lightly touched the cheek where he slapped me and sighed heavily. You better not be down here Jake…you better not be. I don’t need you ruining this weekend for me, I don’t need people asking questions, I don’t want to have to alert Timmy, Chara, and Tyler too.
“You think we’ll get on the same team?” I asked Skinner.
“Don’t know! All depends on who picks me and where you rookies go.”
“Shut it Skinner, you’re a rookie too.”
“Yes I am, but I’m an All-Star! HA!” I chucked my eyeliner at him and he ducked.
“Silent you! I’m older!”
“Oh the irony in this…” After I finished getting all ready, I headed to the Fantasy Daft with my boys Chara, Tyler, Timmy, and now Skinner. Chara, Timmy, and Skinner parted way with me and Tyler, us sitting in the rookie section. It was crazy, camera going off, people being interviewed and everyone all dressed sharp and chatting to each other like we’ve known each other for ages. Erika Harper was chatting with her Ovechkin and Fluery (that made me laugh a little at the sight) a smile seemed to be permanently etched on her face.
“Roxanne McGregor, nice to meet you.” I turned and smiled to Derek Stepan of the New York Rangers.
“Derek Stepan, correct?” I asked, holding out my hand. He took it with a smile.
“You got that right. It’s crazy isn’t it?” I shook my head with a disbelief smile.
“Didn’t expect it to be like this! But shit, it feels great! Get to know more of the league, you know?” Me and Stepan animatedly began to chat about the season and about my accomplishments.
“By the way, how’s Rask doing? That was a pretty nasty hit during the Penguins game.” I sighed.
“Yeah, it was bad but he’s doing real good and set to return sometime in February. It was a minor concussion, so he’ll be good.” Soon the picking began and Staal won the first round pick. Me and Tyler decided to be idiots and began to take idiotic photos to post on Facebook. I took my phone and zoomed in on Thomas’s smiling face far off in the distance and sniped it, giving a laugh before sending it off to him. Shit, I was feeling wicked good right now, like I could take on the world.
“First off I’d like to thank all the fans here-”
“GET TO IT BOY!” Erika yelled, causing everyone in the crowd to chuckle, including me, as Staal rolled his eyes.
“I’m gonna take my boy…Cam Ward!” Clapping ensued as Cam Ward went up to shake hands with his fellow teammate and accepted his jersey. The draft continued in such fashion, each Captain and alternative Captains announcing who they wanted and giving their respected jerseys and Erika yelling out random shit here and there. Shit, she was cheerful as hell! I then began to die of laughter when Chara went to Staal and Timmy went to Lindstrom.
“Who called it!?” I cried to Tyler. “I told you Chara would end up with Harper as a teammate!” Tyler was laughing about it too. I died even more when Erika turned and cheerfully struck up a conversation with Chara. I pulled out my phone. “Need to snatch this! This is too good!” My poor phone was blowing up thanks to all the Facebook notifications I was getting on my page, everyone at home watching the All Star Draft seemed to be watching my Facebook intently, loving the pictures I was putting up. Finally it was time to divide the rookies onto a respected team. I was still with Tyler though but my new acquaintance, Derek Stepan, was on the other side.
“You’re going to go down Stepan!” I cried as a puck was flipped, Taylor Hall, captain of the opposing rookie side, got the pick and he chose Lindstrom, I approached the captains and took my jersey, shuffling it over my head and watching as Erika got up and attacked Tyler.
“TYLER’S ON MY TEAM! YAAAAY!” Damn kid was being choked to death. I looked at Chara and we both shrugged, leaving poor Tyler to his choking fate with Harper.
“Who would have known, the only two women in the league are on the same team!” Cam exclaimed. Sharp held up his hands to his face as I had to take the only empty seat…next to Erika.
“Oh god, here it comes. Everyone, get under you desks!” I rolled my eyes and looked at Erika Harper, allowing my hate to leave for just this weekend.
“Boys are idiots.” I said to her, causing her let out a polite laugh.
“Oh god are they…you’re probably happy that you ended up with Tyler and Chara.” She commented.
“Whoa, did you just say something not mean or angry at her?” Sharp asked from behind us. We both turned to look at him with “what?” expressions.
“Yeah. Big deal?” She asked.
“YEAH it is! You two have been so at each others throats!” Tazer scoffed from his spot.
“We had a truce you assholes, don’t you remember?” I called. “This is All-Star Weekend, we’re all going to get along.”
“Things change boys! OH NO THEY TOOK MY DUCHENE!” Erika screeched, me cringing from my seat.
“Why upset about that? Lindstrom took Thomas! TIMMY!” I cried, Thomas looking over.
“Whaaat!?” He asked.
“WHO CALLED IT!?” I cried, pointing to the fact that Chara was sitting near Erika and Timmy was all the way over there.
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, just don’t kill each other!”
“OH YEAH! HOW COULD I FORGET THAT!? LINDSTROM, YOU WOULD TAKE THE ONLY OTHER GUY THAT WOULD KEEP ME AND ROXY IN CHECK!”
“Erika shut up!” Ovie hissed from his seat.
“Ovie go die in a hole!” She sang back “FUCK YOUUUUU!” I gave her a big smile.
“And fuck her too?” We both then broke into song.
“CAUSE IF I WAS RICHCHA, I STILL BE WIT CHA!”
“Who gave Roxy drugs?” Chara asked, looking around. “Seguin, you look suspicious.”
“I DIDN’T DO ANYTHING I SWEAR! I’m only taking pictures of this.”
“FUCK I wish you and Sidney never had sex! I’ve decided!” Ovie exclaimed, half the guys turned their heads at his statement.
“Oh shut up Ovie! You know you love my new found affection for EVERYONE!” I found myself then crushed into a suffocating hug, sending half the guys into cardiac arrest.
“AM I SEEING CORRECTLY!?” Sharp cried out.
“This is too much to handle! SOMEONE SEDATE HER!” Patrick Elias cried out.
“I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REACT!” I cried. “TYLER! How do I react!?”
“Wait WHAT?” Cam cried out, more on the subject of the fact that it was just announced that Erika and Sidney had clearly had sex.
“YOU DID NOT!” Sharp gasped, forgetting that Erika had just engulfed me in a hug.
“Holy shit golden boy has game!” Buff gaped. Tazer sat there, mouth agape. Sedin was looking at me like I was diseased, and I just grinned back at him. The last pick ended up being Phil Kessel (well…he is Toronto…), and for what felt like ages, I dealt with a screaming, chipper Elecktrika crying to the guys how they owed her fifty bucks. Ovechkin took photos and I followed suit too, this time with a monotoned Chara. Once the draft was over Eric decided that we should bond as a team, and we all decided to go out to the bar together. Staal picked out a local hang out for our new team to go and bond before the upcoming weekend. In all honesty, I felt a bit intimidated inside because I was sort of surrounded by enemies except for Tyler and Chara and I didn’t know many of the other guys. Erika was in an extremely good mood and I didn’t know how to take it…really…I think the alcohol was getting to her. That’s for sure.
“You know I bad mouth your team all the time, but I’m gonna be honest with you here. I NEVER had a single problem with you, Giroux. But I do like Briere better, and I definitely wanted him on my team, but you’re ok too.” She slurred to Flyer Claude Giroux. The fact that she was attacking a Flyer was something that should be taken a picture of and put on ALL NHL websites. It was gold, seriously.
“Thanks Erika… I think.” He replied uneasily. I gave a laugh and Tyler started talking to me.
“You’re awfully quiet.” I shrugged.
“I don’t know, feels weird that this is our team and Thomas is on the other side and I’m surrounded by guys who I know don’t appreciate me.” Tyler nudged me.
“Don’t think like that! C’mon, join the fun. All hatred and rivalries are put away for this weekend! Hell look at Erika!” We both looked at said woman who was now starring up at Chara in awe.
“Dude…you are really, really fucking tall. You are one giant asshole. LITERALLY!”
“Ok, maybe we shouldn’t look at her.” Tyler said as I started laughing.
“Hey Roxy! Come here!” Erika frantically waved at me, beckoning me over. Seeing as there could be nothing wrong with a half drunk Haper, I slowly got up from my spot and met her. “Let me introduce you to the guys! I know it’s pretty uncomfortable at first, but they’ll get to know ya.” I gave a little laugh at her slur at the end. “Hey Kesler! Get me a water!” She called as she dragged me to the rest of the group. “This here is Captain Eric Staal. He’s a massive sweetheart, but he’ll fucking annoy you after about a game and a half.” She said, poking me as I spoke.
“Thanks Erika. Why’d I take you again?” Staal laughed.
“Cause I’m fucking awesome!” She shouted, I laughed and held out my hand to Staal.
“Nice to finally get to meet you under more familiar terms than under the massive stares of everyone and having to be all diplomatic.” Staal didn’t say much, just nodded and smiled as Erika dragged me away. I didn’t like the feeling I was getting from my new Captain, not responding at all.
“AAAAAAND this is Cam Ward, our famous number one pick goalie! Family man, this guy. HEY CAM! SAY HI TO ROXY!” Erika shouted at him. He chuckled.
“Hi Roxy. It’s nice to finally meet you! Though after that game I didn’t think I’d see you two like this.” Ward said, gesturing to the fact that Erika had her arm around my shoulder like we were the world’s best friends.
“No you probably wont, I’m still trying to figure out if I’m dreaming or not.” I responded. Cam let out a laugh at that.
“Erika may seem prickly at first, but I’m sure you two will be friends.” Feeling better about Cam then Staal, I really wanted to continue chatting but Erika barged in.
“Real sweetie, this one. And in the good way. ALRIGHT, ONWARD!! This here is Jamie McBain and Jeff Skinner. SKINNER, YOU’RE MY BOY!” Erika cried to the young forward gave a cheeky grin.
“Thanks Erika.” “
“This is Roxy. PLAY NICE! Skinner is fantastic. I don’t really know Jamie, but I fucking LOOOOOVE Jeff!” I ignored Erika’s extreme love fest and I gave a small wave to Skinner.
“Nice to see you again” I said lightheartedly. Skinner took it with a genuine smile.
“You too, you look like you’re having a blast being pulled around by Erika.” I gave a strained smile.
“I don’t know if I’ll be handle this weekend people wise!” Skinner laughed as Erika moved on.
“And look, it’s the rookie group! Logan Couture, Tyler Ennis, and PK Subban! Guys, this is Roxy, be nice or I kill you.” She leaned into my ear. “Miller says Tyler’s awesome, so he’s probably right. Logan is a HELL of a shot, and I don’t like PK much but I’M SURE YOU DON’T EITHER.” I gave a snort.
“Yeah, you can agree on that.” I said back just as I hear PK turn to Couture and Ennis.
"If it isn't the Bruins slut...how many of them do you think she's slept with behind Rask's back?" I felt myself get hit in the gut and I tried to compose myself at that stab. I sent a glare at PK and prayed that Erika would whisk me away fast before I heard anymore shit. Seriously, shit like that effects me badly.
“Nah dude, she doesn’t seem the type to do something like that.” Ennis said. “Nice to meet you Roxy.” I gave a weak smile and took Ennis’s hand. PK snorted and then mumbled how Erika’s whorish ways rubbed off on me probably.
“Thanks Tyler. I’m looking forward to seeing your skill out on the ice. Yours too Couture, heard you’re a kickass shot.”
“I like to think I am. I kind of want to see how accurate your shots are and how hard you can hit that puck.” Logan said back. I smiled.
“Pretty damn hard, I’ll tell you that.” Erika finally took me away from PK and the group and passed by her other guys.
“You of course know Ovie, Greeny, Kesler, Tanger, Stastny and Sharpie from last night.” The group acknowledged me as we passed, Ovie and Greeny extremely amused at our current state. I think they snapped a few pictures too…I knew it was too good to pass up. “So we’ll skip them. ONWARD! Here we have Daniel Sedin, lost without his twin.” I gave a small laugh as Erika gesturing to the Swedish ginger. “Along with Rick Nash, Dan Boyle, and Henrik Lundqvist. Say hi geezers!”
“Hello Roxy, nice to see you guys being civil instead of at each others throats.” Boyle said, shaking my hand.
“I don’t see it lasting long, but nice meeting you, it feels good to start knowing more of the league.”
“You’ve been pretty electrifying and it surprised me.” Nash said, shaking my hand. “You just came so out of nowhere I thought you were going to be pretty bad.” I laughed.
“Thanks for that Nash, glad to know you don’t still think I’m bad…do you?” Nash laughed.
“Nope, glad to have you on the team, you have a lot a talent.”
“Thanks Nash.” I was really feeling better now after PK’s insult and daring to hope for the best out of all of this.
“And last, but not least, we’ve got Corey Perry, David Backes, Marc Staal, Claude Giroux, Carey Price and Erik Karlsson!” Oh shit, ok, I think I spoke to soon.
“If it isn’t the notorious Micky.” Backes said, holding out his hands. “Nice to meet you. Anyone who beats Erika Harper at her own sport deserves a chance at the All Stars.” I gave Backes a smile. Maybe I’m over reacting…but Backes was a really chill dude, so I shouldn’t have had to worry about him.
“Hey, fuck off David!” Erika spat at him. I gave a chuckle and responded to Backes.
“Thanks Backes, I didn’t think many people wanted me here, but I guess so.”
“I believe it. C’mon, you’re the second chick in this league, came out of nowhere and stunned the NHL.” Perry piped up. I shrugged.
“Guess I’m slowly inching up the ranks.”
“I don’t know, I still can’t see how a rookie like you who has no experience managed to get to the All Stars.” Karlsson commented, breaking the silence. I turned and looked at him.
“I didn’t think I was eligible either Erik, but I guess fans thought differently.”
“C’mon, it’s like how fangirls dominate the voting ballets, fanboys have come in. You and Harper are proof of that.” I opened my mouth to continue when Giroux added in his two cents.
“Yeah, according to Morrison and his buddy Ramos, the only talent this chick has is whoring herself off. Heard she’s easy to get in bed.” I felt all my color disappearing at that comment. It was like someone hit me with a double decker bus and I felt tears trying to push up. Everyone around me all awkwardly stared at each other. The mention of Jake…pushed me to the edge. The fact that he said that pushed me over. I felt fists forming before Erika jumped in.
“HEY! Watch your mouth pretty boy! I was just complimenting you a few minutes ago! Don’t you dare make me take that back! And YOU! Karlsson! Play nice, or I’ll call in the REAL Carlson!”
“Do you understand the shit your saying…” I hissed. “You don’t fucking say that fucking shit.”
“Why? Cause it’s true?” Giroux said, looking at me smugly. I barged my way over to the fucking cocky Flyer and got in his face.
“No, it’s not true! And you tell Ramos that he needs to leave me the fuck alone cause I’m through with him and his jackass ways!”
“Roxy!” Yeah…that was Tyler. I got a hand on my shoulder, pulling me back. “Roxy, just calm down.” I ignored the teen and continued to glare at the grinning douchebag, Price talking next.
“With a temper like that, you’re going to get nowhere in this league. Anyone mention composure?” I looked at the fucking Canadien goalie and glared.
“Look who’s fucking talking.”
“WHOA, ok, let’s all just stop right now and get back to our cheerful evening ok?” Nash said, coming up and getting in between all of us. “How the hell are we to win All Stars if we don’t ban together?” I looked at Nash and understood what he was saying. The man was speaking the truth. Shit, I wanted to get along with everyone in this league but they didn’t.
“Fuck Price, what the hell is up your ass?” Erika snapped. “I think we all just need to chill the fuck out an listen to the veterans. Nash is right. Good man, Rick, good man.”
“Thanks Erika.” Thanks Erika…I thought in my mind. I really didn’t know if she was really defending me or not. I just didn’t know…I didn’t know shit about anything right now. Just pain.
“Both speak truthfully!” Lundqvist said, holding up his beer. “I think my beer is getting warm and gross from all the heated tension in this room. Not liking it.”
“Ok, seriously guys, we all know McGregor is only here because Eberle got injured. What other choice did I have.” Staal said. My shoulders slumped and I felt like someone stabbed me in the heart through my back.
“What the fuck you trying to say?” I heard Chara snap. Turning around, I saw Chara loom over his new Captain, obviously pissed at that comment.
“Whoa Staal, I think that’s toeing the line.” I heard Skinner said. “The girl deserves a fucking chance. Seriously, why are you all against her?”
“FUCK Eric fucking Staal, you did NOT just say that! You little dick-fuck!” Erika quickly ran up to him and smacked him across the face. “You’re never that cruel! What the fuck is up with you man?” I didn’t care that Skinner or even Erika was actually defending me. I just felt hurt and alone, just like I did when I was betrayed my college year. Shit, I felt a lump forming in my throat at all the hostility thrown at me and I knew I was having a tough time hiding it.
“Roxy…you look like you’re going to cry…” Tyler muttered, hand on my shoulder.
“Life’s nothing but a god damn reset button…” I whispered back. “Nothing but a god damn reset button…”
“What?” Tyler asked, obviously not knowing how to handle me right now. Pushing past him, I quickly made for the door.
“Where ya going Micky? Can’t handle a bit of negativity?” Giroux called out. “You’re pathetic.”
“Definitely not made for this league…way too weak and emotional.” Karlsson added to Giroux’s. I didn’t acknowledge anyone else as I burst out the bar and into the streets of Raleigh. I looked around at my surroundings, trying to get a grip on where I was. I didn’t know where I wanted to go, I just knew I wanted to get away from everyone in there.
They didn’t know.
They didn’t know the shit I’ve been through, why I’m like this!
Even my own team didn’t know…
Stumbling away from the bar, I felt the tears leaking down my face as I wrapped myself in my sweatshirt, trying to look at landmarks in hope of getting to the hotel.
Do not go around alone. Always be with Thomas or Chara ok?
I’m sorry Tuukka, but I have to go on alone right now…


*****

I don’t know how long I was walking for but I found the hotel thankfully. Pushing past guests and trying to hide my tear-streaked face, I got in an elevator and pushed my floor button. Sniffing back the tears, trying to hold back the cry I had till I got to my hotel room. There was an old man in there, looking at me sympathetically and I felt mortified. I finally reached my room and I ran, passing people and bolting into my room. I didn’t let the door fully close before I collapsed in the middle of the floor and broke, sobs wracking my whole body as that hollow, empty feeling I had before completely engulfed me.
What the hell was I thinking, entering the NHL!?
I was clearly not welcomed, not skilled, not made out for this league! Jake was right, I’m weak, pathetic, and had nothing going for me.
Oh god…Jake…
I continued bursting in tears, hating life and myself. The depression I thought I was able to keep back came rushing back in like a tsunami. Life was nothing but a god damn reset button. There I was, built back up to the cheerfully Roxanne I used to be before college. I thought I had the love and respect I once had from others, and for myself, back but no, I was wrong. It didn’t matter that Erika Harper was defending me, I knew she still hated me. Deep down inside she still did and after this weekend, it was all going to mean nothing to her. I had my team…but they weren’t here or knew of the pain I had gone through or the fact that I suffered from such deep depression.
Only Tuukka.
I started crying even more, knowing I hadn’t told my boyfriend who I started to trust with my life the whole story. Crying, cause I didn’t have him with me right now…same with my brother. Fuck, I was even upset of not having Team Canada to cheer me up! Or Lucic! Or Krejci! Did anyone care anyways? Was everyone just passing blessing? Was I doomed to just suffer? Weakly, I crawled over to my bag and opened one of the tiny pockets in it and pulled out the small pocketknife inside.
Whatever doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.
Bullshit, who ever said that clearly didn’t have to deal with everything over and over again. It kills you every time. No matter how many times you mend you still have the fragileness inside. I wasn’t strong, no matter how much power I had on the rink, I wasn’t strong. I was just a broken soul. Popping open the knife, I looked down at my arms, looking at the faint lines of the scars from the past when I had done this. You would never have known the scars were there unless you knew you were looking for them.
A cut for everything that was fucking with my head…

*****

I threw the knife across the room and watched it hit the floor by the window curtains. I was shaking from what I just did and still had tears rolling down my face. Eight cuts later, I was done. Eight things that were fucking with my head today…looking down at my arm, I watched as the thin trickles of blood seeped down…morphing together and sort of oozing. It was sick and morbid, I know. Getting up, I was about to head to the bathroom when the door burst opened, revealing Chara, Thomas, and Seguin.
Oh shit…here comes the storm.
“Roxy, there you are, holy shit, we thought you were-” Tyler stopped his ramblings and looked at my arms, eyes widening. “Oh shit…” I hugged my arm to my chest, looking away in such shame. “I…blu…umm…Timmy, I think you should take over on this.” Timmy quickly stepped forward.
“Roxanne, hold our your arm…now.” I slowly held out my arm and Thomas took it.
“Tyler, go get something to bandage it up. Where’s the knife you did this with?” As Tyler frantically ran around trying to find the first aid, I answered Timmy’s question.
“Somewhere over near the curtains…”
“Chara…go find it and keep it in your shit. Tyler!” Tyler jumped a mile and the first aid kit went up and hit the ceiling.
“AHH what!?” He cried. Thomas sighed.
“Go through Roxanne’s stuff and find any medication and give it to Chara to lock away…after you picked up the kit.” Tyler picked up the box and handed it to Thomas while he then went through my stuff. Timmy quickly cleaned up my cuts and bandaged my arm. When he was done, he finally spoke.
“Roxanne, how long has this been going on?” Timmy asked, hand on my shoulder and looking at me with the concern of an uncle. I looked away from all my teammates in shame and tried to choke back the tears, staring down at the bandages all over my arm right now.
“Awhile…ever since the Philly game…” I muttered.
“Ew, gross…tampons.” Tyler complained, tossing the box of my feminine products away from him. All three of us looked at him then went back to the original task in front of us.
“I knew you were off this whole time. Look, what is that is bothering you?” I shook my head.
“Too much Tim…too much…”
“But what.” Thomas emphasized. “Does Rask know about this?”
“Yes…well…half of it…” I said, shrugging my shoulders.
“He knows that you are so fucking depressed that you take a knife to yourself?” I bit my lip in shame. Thomas sighed and got up. “You’re not going to break about what it is that is getting to you, are you?” I shook my head and everyone exchanged glances, Tyler standing there with my Midol and Advil.
“Sleep then.” Chara answered, pocketing my little pocket knife. “Then we can pick this up tomorrow when it’s all less of a…shock.” I hid my arm with my other arm tight up against my body.
“I’m so sorry…” I whispered.
“Roxy, don’t beat yourself up. It’s ok, we’re just in a bit of shock. Just sleep and we’ll deal with this tomorrow.” Tyler said, handing my pills to Chara. I nodded my head.
“Ok…” I sadly watched them leave the room and continued to let the tears fall down my face. You’re not alone in these battles anymore.

*****

“What happened to your…arm?” Skinner asked the next morning when I woke up and was brushing my hair. I had made sure to changed the bandages before Skinner woke up to see all the blood on them and make him freak the hell out. They had pretty much healed and there was little to no blood seeping out, but I still kept some band-aids on areas where I knew where I needed to keep covered.
“Nothing, just a little accident last night. All is good.” I said, giving him the most confident smile I could muster.
“By the way…I’m sorry about last night. That was a bit…uncalled for.” Skinner said. I shrugged.
“It’s ok. I expected it, I mean, I’ve been getting that sort of shit since day one, why should this be any different. It’ll all blow away. And you shouldn’t apologize, you didn’t start it or include yourself in it.” Yeah, keep telling yourself that.
Shut up…you’re not helping yourself!

“I know, but still. It ruined your night out.” I gave a smile to the kid. He reminded me so much of Tyler.
“It’s ok, it’s in the past. But today? Today is Super Skills and my day to shine.” There was a knock on the door and I got up, answering it. Outside stood my teammates, all looking serious.
“You good to come to a different room to discuss everything?” I sighed, reality hitting me in the face and the actions of last night really coming back. Rubbing my bandaged arm, I turned into the room, addressing Chara’s question.
“You don’t have to guys, everything is ok.” I tried. Thomas shook his head.
“No it isn’t, and last night proved it and we’re not going to ignore this. This has to get to the bottom of today before Super Skills. I don’t want you screwing up today and I want you to have a good time.” I felt a lump in my throat and tears pricking my eyes. Skinner was standing in the room all awkward, like he was starting to develop an understanding of what was going on and why my arms were bandaged up. “C’mon, let’s go.” Sighing, I grabbed a sweatshirt and left with them, leaving Skinner to look at me with concern, guessing what happened. I followed my teammates through the hotel till we cam across an empty function room and walked in, me sitting on one of the chairs, rolling up my sleeve to inspect the damage again.
“Regret, it’s written all over your face.” Thomas said. I looked away.
“I just…” I sighed, leaning back in the chair and looking up at them, my teammates. They cared, you could see it in their faces how much they did and it only wrenched at my heart. I was stupid, so stupid. Always was…doing things that I later regret. Thinking I can handle something when I really can’t. The doubt I had last night of everyone not truly being there for me withered away and I was left with nothing but a black hollow hole of guilt. “I’m sorry guys…” I blurted out.
“Stop apologizing…” Chara said.
“ But why are you doing it? Why are you cutting yourself?” Tyler asked. “This doesn’t seem like you!” You could hear a hint of what seemed like sacredness in his voice, making me feel terrible.
“Guys, we’ve been together for years and you may know a lot of about me, but in all honesty you know little to nothing, I used to do this in college.” Running fingers over the scars on my arms I sighed. “A cut for every thing that was effecting me…”
“Does anyone know about this?” Chara asked. “Or is it just us?” I looked up at my looming captain.
“My brother knows.” I answered. “Tuuk knows that I’m…not myself but he doesn’t know about this…” I then started choking on more tears. Shit, I didn’t know what to do with myself, what to feel. That’s what I hated about depression. You’re stuck in this vortex of dark, angry thoughts that you don’t want to be in but no matter what you do you can’t get out. I didn’t want to feel this way, I shouldn’t, but I was. I was back in the unstable state I thought I escaped. “I don’t want to feel this way anymore…I’m so sorry guys. You shouldn’t have to deal with this! This is the All Star Weekend! IT SHOULD BE HAPPY!” I then burst into tears. “I hate myself so fucking much.”
“Roxanne…everything is ok…” I shoved Tyler’s arm away from me as it came in.
“No it isn’t! For years I’ve dealt with pain and sorrow! Back stabbing, abuse, loss of loved ones…I’ve lost the feeling of being loved and respected. I thought that everything would get better now that I have you guys, Tuukka, and being in the NHL. But it’s worsen! No one respects me! Everyone in this goddamn league hates me! They hate me just because I’m the second woman in this goddamn league! You saw at the gathering! They all hate me. They don’t want me here! What the fuck do I have to do to feel whole again!? I’m sick of this empty feeling inside!” I started bursting into more tears again, feeling that black hole inside of me just continuing to grow.
“Roxy…have you eaten? I swear since yesterday I have barely seen you eaten anything. Look that might hel-” I quickly cut off Thomas.
“No, I don’t want anything. I’m not fucking hungry…” I growled. Shit, now they’re catching on to my lack of eating. Before anyone else could continue trying to calm me down, I heard a loud scuffle outside.
“ELECTIRKA! What are you doing!?” Yeah, that was Patrick Kane yelling a name I didn’t need to hear right now. Tyler and Thomas and Chara all looked at each other and then looked at me looking horrified and embarrassed. Was Erika Harper hearing all of this!? Thomas took a deep breath and let it out, walking over to the cracked door and ripping it open to expose Erika and Kaner scuffling around and arguing as quietly they could. They both stopped and looked at Thomas and the room with looks of “uh oh.”
"Sorry Timmy we were uh... JUST PASSING BY! Yeah, that's it! Kaner just doesn't understand how to keep quiet!" Erika said innocently, trying to muster a cheap ass smile. I just shook my head, tears continuing to fall on my cheeks.
“You heard everything…didn’t you?” I asked, not even sounding bitter or pissed.
"No! No! I didn't hear anything! I swear! I was just passing to go to my room! I promise!" Erika stuttered, Kane giving a small look of skeptism behind her, proving the opposite. I tried as best as I could to whip all the tears off my face.
“I can’t believed you eavesdropped on this Harper…I know you heard stuff, maybe not all but you heard something.” Quickly covering up my scarred arms, I ran as fast as I could out of the room, never feeling so humiliated.

*General POV*

“You eavesdropped…” Thomas said, crossing his arms and looking at Erika and Kane as Roxanne quickly ran off. “What did you hear?”
"Ok look I honestly didn't mean to alright! I just happened to be passing by and I heard something about cutting, she mentioned depression, and you and Tyler trying to console her. That’s all, I swear.” Erika insisted.
“Bullshit. You had your ear against the door.” Kane smirked.
“PATRICK! SHUT THE FUCK UP!” Erika proceeded to lunge at the young forward and smack him upside the head, before yanking at his ear to pull him closer and get control over him.” He’s exaggerating. You know Kaner.” Erika smiled cheekily. The Bruins all looked at each other in seriousness and then looked back at the two of them.
“This isn’t something to joke about.” Chara said, glaring at them. “This is fucking serious shit.” Tyler nodded his head at Chara’s snap.
“I have to agree with Z. This isn’t good. Roxy is emotionally unstable and we have no clue why.”
“And the last two people who needed to hear it heard it. You cannot repeat what you have heard.” Thomas said sternly.
“I promise I won’t say anything. You know, I’m starting to think you guys are believing that I’m a heartless bitch like Roxy says I am. But I’m not. I know what serious shit is. Thanks for the clarification by the way, Chara.” Erika spat the last part out.
“I’m not guaranteeing my silence.” Kane stated flatly. Erika stepped angrily on his foot and punched him in the stomach.
“I swear he’s be silent, or there will be no possibility of baby Kaner’s. ok? Ok. It’s settled.” Kaner groaned.
“Owwww…I was just kidding.”
“No jokes.” Chara snapped. That’s when Tyler broke the tension in the air.
“Alright, this is all settled. We’re all going to be in silence.” He then pulled out his phone. “Chara, Timmy, we need to call the rest of the team. I have an idea to help Roxy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
And so begins All Stars!!! A crazy ass weekend that isn't even close to ending :P hope you enjoy another collaborated chapter with Roxy and Erika!!