Status: Based off of Blow Me Away and inspired by Overcome The Adversity

Drop The Puck, It's Time To Go

Firestarter Karaoke

Image


After fixing my hair again, I made my way to the fan fair where I was set to make an appearance. Tuukka said he had somewhere else to be and I could see my story had clearly left him stunned. Standing in the elevator I stared at myself in the mirror that surrounded the thing, not knowing what to think. I felt so…relieved. For three years I’ve bottled the whole story up, my brother only getting half. Now that Tuukka knew…the world felt right. I felt right. I felt like this was suppose to happen and that everything after this was going to…going to be ok. The doors opened and I walked into the hotel lobby, looking up at the ceiling as if looking into heaven. I’m going to make myself better, live for myself and everyone of my friends now. You died for this, I know you did Steve…I can’t gamble your sacrifice.
“Micky!?” I looked around at the call and saw two fourteen year old girls standing in the lobby looking in awe. “Oh my god, you are Roxanne McGregor!!” They squealed, running over. Smiling, I greeted my two fans who began to gush about how I was ten times better than Harper and gave autographs. This is why I lived…can’t let it go.
“Are the other Bruins around!?” One of the girls asked, looking behind me hoping to see someone else. I shrugged.
“I have no clue where they are. They might already be at the fan fair…or sleeping. Lazy asses.” I said. The other girl giggled. After finishing signing the stuff my fans wanted signed, I proceeded towards the doors to head to the fan fair. I saw a large scuffle by the elevators but didn’t catch anything. Shrugging, I continued on, wondering if Tuukka was really the only one brought down to Raleigh…

*GENERAL POV*

“Shit, Rask has been gone for what? Two good hours?” Bergeron commented, chilling in the lobby with Boychuk and Marchand trying to figure out if they should find the rest of the team or go to the fan fair and tackle Roxy in their new shirts. They were black and yellow with the words TEAM MCGREGOR written on them. They were the newest merchandise on the NHL website, clearly business was growing on the rivalry of Roxy and Erika.
“It’s ok, they’re making future Bruin legends.” Boychuk said nonchalantly. Marchand looked at him skeptically.
“Won’t Coach be happy when Roxanne has to go on maternity leave. I sense Rask being killed.”
“He wouldn’t kill his goa-” Bergeron stopped. “Oh crap! Hide!”
“Why!?” Marchand cried.
“Red head at twelve o’clock, we’re not suppose to be here!” The guys quickly bolted over the chairs and ran to the elevators in hopes to hide. Marchand chose a nearby bushy plant to hide behind.
“Heh, perfect, around the same height!” Boychuk chuckled.
“DICK!” Marchand snapped.
“OPEN DAMMIT!” Bergeron cried, pressing the up button repeatedly. The doors opened and both Boychuk and Bergy dove in, plowing over an unsuspecting teammate in the process.
“WHAT THE FUCK!?” Rask cried out in surprise as he got slammed into the back of the elevator by Boychuk and Bergeron.
“Oh hey man!” Boychuk said, grinning.
“Done screwing around with Roxy?” Bergeron asked with a giant smirk.
“Fuck off guys.” Rask said, rubbing his arms. “Roxy was a complete emotional train wreck…wait…why are you guys diving in here and FUCK, THE ELEVATOR CLOSED! Dammit guys, I don’t want to have to ride the elevator all afternoon.”
“Oh don’t worry, we’re just going to hide for a bit till said red-head leaves the building and it’s safe for us to emerge.” Bergeron said. “We left Marchand in the lobby.” Boychuk shrugged.
“Meh, oh well.” Meanwhile, as the guys were trying to get the elevator to ride back to ground floor, Marchand was dissecting leaves from his outfit as he stood waiting for the guys to come back, getting odd stares he glared off. He proceeded to cause a five-year-old boy to start wailing and that’s when he felt it was time to move to a new location. The elevator finally opened again to reveal a grumbling trio and Marchand stood bored in the lobby.
“About tiiiiime.” He whined.
“Shut up, we had to chose elevators cause we’re of average height so plants don’t make appropriate hiding spots.” Bergeron stated.
“HEY! I get it! I’m short! What do you want me to do about it!?” Marchand defended.
“Marchand’s short, Rask can’t gain weight, Coach wants to retire, and Roxanne is depressed.” Boychuk stated. “We’re so dysfunctional.”
“Speaking of Roxanne, how is she?” Bergeron asked all concern to Rask. Rask sighed, grinding his teeth and not exactly smiling.
“I think she’s going to be ok now that she’s seen me…but shit, she was a mess. She told me everything though, why she hated herself and life and…uggg.” Rask rubbed his face. Team Canada all looked at each other, shenanigans dying off in their face at the concern of their fellow teammate.
“With you, I’m sure she’ll be better in the future.” Bergeron said, putting a hand on Rask’s shoulder.
“I can only hope.” He responded.
“Why does she hat-”
“Are you kidding me…” Marchand snapped, looking towards the bar of the hotel. The other three looked in his direction and saw a sight that made them laugh in disbelief on the inside. Standing not far from them in black shades and different team hats was none other than Team Sasha of the Washington Capitals.
“You really think you could hide yourself like that?” Bergeron stated.
“At least we chose elevators and for Mr. Shrimp, a plant.” Boychuk commented to Bergeron, jabbing a thumb at Marchand at the end.
“Hey!” Marchand snapped, sending a glare to the back of Boychuk’s head.
“You are just jealous that we can look fabulous while hiding from our captain.” Nicklas snipped at them. All four Bruins looked at them with raised eyebrows. “Stupid Europeans…” Boychuk muttered.
“Hey.” Rask said.
“Sorry man!” Boychuk said with a smile.
“What are you even doing here anyway?” Ovechkin asked, resting an elbow on Semin’s shoulder.
“Offering support to our teammate.” Marchand said, emphasizing support.
“Something her team is neglecting.” Bergeron stated.
“Things would have work out. Erika handle situation with Staal and Nash.” Ovechkin growled. Tension was rising high between the two teams about their respected female players. Rask couldn’t help but step in, especially after seeing Roxanne’s pained, somber face.
“It doesn’t seem like things are being handled.” He said. “Just pointing out from observation.”
“You go man.” Marchand said. Nicklas intervened after this.
“Listen, this weekend isn’t about rivalries. And by what Greeny told me, Erika is embracing it for all its worth, including your precious little red head. So what reason do we have to fight?” The Bruins all looked at each other and shrugged.
“Guess there is no reason…” Boychuk said.
“I just feel extremely protective of Roxy right now.” Rask added in. “Actually…have any of you guys seen or heard of Jake Ramos?” Bergeron grimaced at the name and the other two looked like they wanted to go kill something. Three of the Capitals all wore confused faces except for one.
“I have. I see… in Philly. With Erika and Evie.” Varly struggled to get out as he removed his shades, face matching that of Marchand and Boychuk.
“But not around here…right?” Rask asked again.
“No…no here. Only in Philly.” Varly answered back. Sighing in relief, Rask nodded his head.
“Thanks.”
“Shit, I’m thirsty…” Marchand commented, forgetting about that random moment of tension.
“You’re always hungry or thirsty, for fuck’s sake, are you lying about your age?” Bergeron asked.
“What does that mean?” Boychuk asked.
“Is he really a teenager.” Bergeron answered. The Caps looked oddly at the group.
“Well, I think that cue to leave.” Ovechkin said, Varly slipped his shades back on.
“Yes, I think it’s been enough time. Good luck with whatever you’re here for.” Backstrom waved as the four turned to leave and head for the fan fair. The four Bruins looked at each other.
“Well, looks like we’re not the only ones with this idea.” Boychuk said, crossing his arms as the three Russians and random Scandinavian walked away.
“Yeah, but Roxy needs it more than Harper does…” Rask stated. Shrugging, he pointed to the bar. “Let’s go get drinks to shut up Marchand and I’m feeling thirsty myself.”

*****
*ROXY’S POV*


The fan fair was hectic but the fan frenzy in the building ebbed away the last remnants of depression and darkness I felt inside me. I began to lose track of all the fans that came my way for pictures and autographs. Slowly but surely my smile didn’t become forced by genuine. My fellow teammates were off doing their own thing but I had to get over to them as soon as I could. I had to thank them for bringing Tuukka down for me. It kind of irritated me that they called him and told him I cut myself but it had to done…and I wasn’t going to be doing it anytime soon and thankfully they took that step. It was like those high school talks you always get. “TELL SOMEONE, YOUR FRIEND WILL HATE YOU FOR A MOMENT BUT WONT IN THE EEEEND!” You know what I mean. Finally, I managed to edge my way over to Timmy and the others who were busy with their fans.
“Thanks Timmy.” I said. He smiled at me, as usual. Seriously, the guy could be told he had life threatening cancer and he’d smile it off. I have yet to see something wipe it off his face.
“Rask found you I take it.” I nodded.
“I needed him…thanks for doing that.” He put a hand on my shoulder.
“No need to thank Roxy, we’re just looking out for you and doing what we feel is best. Losing someone like you would be devastating to everyone and you can’t be replaced.”
“RED BULL!” Tyler cried, seeing a bunch of cans chilling in a cooler near the Chicago table.
“Shit, what have I done!?” I cried, laughing at Tyler’s eyes going wide at the sight of his new addiction thanks to me introducing it to him back at practice. Chara stopped Tyler from charging after the container and made him face our awaiting fans.
“Later.” He muttered.
“Dammit!” Tyler grumbled. I slung an arm around the kid.
“If I have to wait till late, late tonight to drink some vodka, you have to wait on your Red Bull.” Tyler grimaced.
“Meh.” Was all he answered. Not far from where we stood, dear Erika Harper was bouncing around arm and arm with Matt Duchene of the Avalanche singing Fat Lip by Sum41. We all looked at each other and laughed.
“Looks like someone got into the Red Bull!” I commented.
“Lucky bitch.” Tyler stated and all four of us started laughing, cameras flashing all around us. I continued to greet more fans, including the poor little ten-year-old boy in a wheel chair cause he could no longer walk. Adorable little fans in their Bruin garb or even just other NHL teams soon swarmed me. Their innocence and pure joy made me forget about the pain I was feeling and hate that filled the world. Before I knew it, I soon felt more bodies approach but it wasn’t fans. No, it was Erika Harper dragging with her a scowling Karlsson. Next to her was Staal who had a grimacing Price, Ward was gripping a less resisting Giroux and Nash was holding a struggling and complaining Subban. I felt the pain I had erased slowly coming back. What did they all want? They better not be here to give shit. Standing up, I faced all of them, keeping a hand on some of the kids I had yet to get to.
“Alright, WHO’S FIRST?” Erika cried, causing me to look at them all confused.
“I am. I owe her one.” Staal said, dragging Price along with him. “Roxy, I’m sorry for what I said, it was very insincere of me and I wish I could take it back. You are a damn good hockey player and deserve to be here just as much as the rest of us.” Instantly, I felt horrible for jumping right into conclusion about them here to give me shit. No, they were obviously here to apologize…at least Staal was. Smiling sincerely, I held my hand out to Staal. His apology was so genuine.
“Apology highly accepted Eric Staal, glad you’re not the asshole you made yourself to look like last night.”
“Yeah, I really didn’t do myself any justice last night… I’m sorry. I’m glad we have you on our team.” Smiling, I responded.
“Glad to be here and I wont let any of these guys down tonight.” Staal then pushed Price at me.
“Go on, say it.” He urged. Price let out a sigh.
“I’m sorry for my… insensitivity last night. I figure I should at least give you a chance, especially if you made it this far.” I raised an eyebrow.
“Really convincing dear Price, but the apology is accepted because you actually took the energy to say the words to me. Boston-Montreal rivalry needs to be put away tonight and I need to prove to you that being here isn’t a mistake.” Staal let Price go but Erika grabbed his arm and leaned in and whispered into him and then pushed him away and he walked off with a blank look on his face. Laughing a little at the sight, I soon had Karlsson in my face, Erika standing guard behind him with her arms crossed. I felt my chest surging at what she was doing right now, she really wasn’t the huge bitch she was…
“I’m… sorry for what I said. It was an assholish comment. I take it back.” He said. I held my hand out to him. He didn’t seem like he wanted to apologize but whatever, he took the effort.
“Apology accepted Karlsson, look forward to competing with you tonight.”
“You may go now.” Erika stated, stepping away so he could turn and leave. Karlsson obviously said something for Erika shoved his shoulder as he walked away, making him stumble a bit before regaining balance. “BE NICE!” She shouted after him. “Send in this one.” Erika gestured at the struggling Subban.
“Sorry.” He mumbled, totally not sounding like it at all. I rolled my eyes.
“Clearly you aren’t Subban, but apology accepted.” Subban quickly went to walk away and I quickly yelled after him. “And I’m only sleeping with Rask you dick!” Staal, Nash, Ward, Giroux and Erika all gave me a strange look at that.
“Explanation?” Ward asked, tipping his head sideways. I looked over at them with my arms crossed.
“He said that I was cheating on my boyfriend with the whole team. Dick.” I spat.
“…Roxanne, did you really have a reason to uh…yell that in a public place?” I turned around and my eyes went wide.
“TUUUUUUK!” I cried, Lunging into his arms. “I just saw you but seeing you again makes me feel even better right now!” Rask stumbled back and embraced me back.
“Glad to see you’re feeling better…” He said, then reverting the conversation. “Now can you explain why you yelled that at Subban’s retreating form? And what kind of committee is going on here?”
“Rask, you ruined it!” Erika groaned. “We weren’t done!” Tuukka raised an eyebrow at her.
“Sorry…?” He muttered, highly confused.
“I need to apologize too.” Giroux said, willingly stepping out of Ward’s space and in front of me. I let go off my boyfriend and paid entire attention to Giroux, something told me this wasn’t forced. “What I said was horribly insensitive and it shouldn’t have been said. I guess I let my teammates get to me too much… I start believing what they say. I shouldn’t have done that, and I’m sorry. Can you forgive me?” He gave me an awkward grin, making the missing tooth gap evident. I felt tears prick my eyes. Shit, a Flyer being heartfelt!? The second one!
“Shit Giroux, you’ve got the second best apology out of them all…thanks...for not being a real, true dick!” The attacked him into a hug. “Apology accepted man!” This whole afternoon was so healing, so fucking healing! I had my boyfriend with me, I got my story out, I remembered Steven’s sacrifice and Erika and the other older guys got everyone of these assholes to apologize to me. I then burst into tears. “Thank you guuuuys!”
“No problem.” Eric smiled.
“Glad we got that over with.” Ward breathed out.
“Amen dude.” Nash agreed.
“Shit, Roxy, stop crying…everything is fine! God damn, I have seen you cry more in the past month then the last two years I’ve known you.” Tuukka said, pulling my extremely happy, sopping body into him and rubbing the tears off my face.
“That’s the thing though Tuukka! Everything is…finally…relaxing now!” Everyone turned to Erika though, since she was still silent but then let out a loud cry.
“GIROUX I’M SO PROUD OF YOU! I LOVE YOU!” She squealed, attacking him in a hug.
“I think its time to go.” Staal laughed.
“Yeah we should probably relieve Bieber a little bit.” Ward laughed, following them. Nash whisked himself away before anyone could notice he was gone.
“What…is…happening…?” Giroux muttered, wondering how to respond to having two girls have just attacked him in a matter of seconds after hating him only moments before.
“You’re being rewarded for coming to terms with your assholeness.” I said, hiccupping through out it as I tried to calm my tears of happiness. “I think you’re going to be an awesome teammate…shit, I feel like I’m PMSing!” I cried.
“…thanks for that babe, didn’t need that analogy.” Tuukka said, sighing as he pulled me into him again. Erika let out a genuine laugh.
“Giroux, you’re hanging with us. C’mon, sit sit! We’re gonna sign some autographs! DO IT WITH US!” Erika grabbed Giroux and then linked her arm into mine and dragged me over to the table, I grabbed Tuukka’s hand and dragged him along with us, smiling softly at my pure happiness, obviously so happy to see me not bawling my eyes out and wanting to kill myself.
Ugg…that thought again.
I sat down in the seat, Giroux in the middle of me and and Erika all humoring him as we signed shit, Tuukka constantly had an arm wrapped around my shoulders lovingly. I looked up at him and smiled. Shit, I loved that man so much.
“Oh my god, THIS IS THE BEST HAPPY SLASH ANGRY SONG EVER!” Erika screeched. At the music in the speakers starting bursting with a tune I myself found extremely peppy myself. My eyes widened when I looked at Erika. Shit, this song sealed one of the first bonding moments we ever had.
“You ready to serenade our fans!?” I cried.
“Oh shit…” Giroux commented.
“Oh shut up Claude JOIN US!” I then got up and started serenading Erika. “I SEE YOU DRIVING ‘ROUND TOWN WITH THE GIRL I LOVE AND I’M LIKE-”
“FUCK YOUUUUU!! OH OOOH OHH!” Erika finished, jumping up from her seat as well. “I GUESS THE CHANGE IN MY POCKET WASN’T ENOUGH I’M LIKE-.”
“FUCK YOU AND A FUCK HER TOOO!!!” I cried back with a fake microphone in hand. I then looked at the grumbling Giroux and jumped on the table next to him. “CAUSE IF I WAS RICHAAA!” I sang to him, Rask just watching me shaking his head.
“I’D STILL BE WITCHA!” Erika finished, jumping on the table opposite side of him. “Now ain’t that some shit?” She tilted her head at him as she sang.
“You were never with me Erika!” Claude stated the obvious. I smacked him.
“SHUT UP AND LET US SERENADE YOU WITH ANGRY PEPPY MUSIC!”
“Erika? Am I seeing this correctly?” I turned my head around at the sound of a new voice, seeing none other than Sidney Crosby standing there flanked by his teammates Fluery and Letang.
“SIDNEY!” Erika screeched in joy, jumping away from the table and nearly tackling him into a hug, very reminiscing of what I do to Tuukka. “I MISSED YOU!” I smiled at the reunion, knowing full well what that feeling felt like to see the man you loved so much appear out of nowhere just to see you. I turned and gave Tuukka a smile and he seemed to be thinking the same thing, kissing my forehead.
“I think I’m going to die from being around too much love.” Giroux stated. I smacked his head.
“Hey! Don’t dis the adorableness, when you find the woman of your dreams you’ll know how this feels!”
“I think you’re going nuts… you’re hanging with Roxy and Giroux… the only Flyer you don’t hate is Briere.” I heard Sidney say to Erika.
“I know. But things change right?” She pulled away, grinning at him. “Hey guys. Have you formally met Roxanne yet? Come, come!” I got off the table and prepared to greet the three guys Erika was so cheerfully dragging over. Everything felt so god damn weird, really. But what really got my nerves going was the fact that I was now coming face to face with Sidney Crosby off the ice after checking his ass multiple times, him slicing me open, and Lucic giving him a concussion and the Pens giving my boyfriend a lovely concussion.
Karma is a bitch.
“Hello everyone.” I said, giving a timid wave. “Hope we’re not all on angry terms right now after our last two games.” Fleury and Letang gave me a friendly greeting which I took well and we all seemed to be breaking the ice. Felt really good.
“I actually never got to apologize for that hit. I’m really sorry that I hurt you.” Sidney stated with a frown after Fluery and Letang.
“Aww captain you’re so sweet!” Erika said sweetly, throwing her arms around him. I shrugged.
“It’s ok Crosby, was highly accidental but I guess you could call it karma for all the hits I threw at you. Sorry about what Lucic did to you, the guys get defensive and I didn’t mean for it to go so far as you hurt you terrible and inhibit your ability to compete this weekend.” Giroux then turned to Tuukka and spoke.
“How long does this Fuck You song last?!” He asked exasperatedly, pointing to the speakers.
“You totally just brought their attention back to i-”
“I SEE YOU DRIVIN’ ROUND TOWN WITH THE GIRL I LOVEEE UH, FUCK YOUUUU!” Erika broke into song again thanks to Claude Giroux’s reminder! I quickly joined in and we finished off the song and once done the guys and the two of us broke into a fit of laughter over what the hell was happening right now. Me and Erika singing together, me and the Pens being friendly, Rask was with me, I was getting over the initial shock of what had all happened, and I was becoming fast friends with a Flyer.
Today was surely healing everything.

*****

“Why are you insisting on having me on the red carpet with you? I’m not even competing!” Rask said, straightening his dress jacket again as we proceeded to get off the bus. I straightened his collar and then leaned up and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
“Because other players have their family or girlfriends with them too, so why not bring my boyfriend with me? You’re down here anyways.” Tuukka shook his head.
“Can’t bare to be without me, can you?” I smiled.
“Hell no, I don’t know what I would do if I was separated from you.”
“Hey, LOVE BIRDS! The carpet awaits!” Tyler cried from the front and I took my boyfriend’s hand and headed up to my awaiting teammates and exited with Tyler and Chara off the bus into the sunlight and screaming crowds of those awaiting to see their All Star players. My nickname was being called from all angels and I didn’t know who to go towards first. Erika was off with Kane wearing matching Louis Vuitton sunglasses and looking to stupid studs, having the time of their life, Erika with a big ass smile on her face that everyone was gravitating towards. I quickly got into the crowd of people who were screaming my name the loudest and began to give out autographs and took pictures with them, sometimes with Tuukka in them. I then saw Chara, Tyler, and Thomas together getting a photo taken when I instantly got the grand idea to be mean and ran as fast as my high heels took me and dove in behind the three with a stupid open mouth expression.
OPERATION: PHOTOBOMB SUCCESSFUL!
The cameraman looked at his camera after that and died laughing and my teammates turned around and gave exasperated sighs and uggs. Tuukka came up and wrapped his arms around me laughing.
“You would Roxy.” He said, kissing my cheek.
“You might not want to hear it, but you just pulled an Erika.” Tyler pointed out. I shrugged.
“I’ll deal with a hurt pride later! C’mon, let’s go bond with other people!” I cried, ready to drag my fellow teammates along when a reporter and camera were upon me.
“Roxanne McGregor, is it too much to ask for you to be pulled aside of an interview with your rival and now current teammate, Erika Harper?” The lady asked so politely.
“No problem!” I said. “HARPPPPERRR!” I called through the crowd. “WHAAAAAAATTTTT?!” I heard shouted back, Erika twirling around like a kitten chasing a laser pointer.
“THE RED HEADED SLUT IS CALLING TO FROM 2 O’CLOCK!” I yelled back, knowing that would get her attention. Erika stopped and began strolling towards me after I yelled that.
“Well if you said that earlier I wouldn’t have looked like an idiot!” I laughed. “Just kidding, I love you. WHAT IS UP DAYWALKER?!” I rolled my eyes.
“Love me my ass, I know you still hate my guts. Look, this person wants to interview us, now let’s look the world’s biggest BFFs and get this over will shall we?” I gave her a big smile as I slung my arm around her shoulder.
“I don’t hate you! Everyone this weekend is my friend!” She exclaimed with a huge grin. We began answering questions while posing for a few pictures. Erika put her arm around me as well. We were the true meaning of All-Star Weekend right here. After it was all over, she turned to me with a smirk. “Want to go photo bombing with me?” I grinned back.
“Don’t have to ask me twice. TO GIROUX-MEO!” We both quickly stalked Claude over by some Flyer’s fans as fast as our high heels would take us. Just when the picture of him was taken, Me and Erika each got on one of his shoulders, making ridiculous faces and pointing at his missing tooth.
“HEY!” He shouted once he realized we were there.
“BYE CLAUDE!” We shouted simultaneously, before scurrying toward the two Staal brothers, Eric and Marc. The two were standing together like the wonderful brothers they were and I stopped.
“Shit, is it bad that I can’t tell them apart and they aren’t twins? Oh well, let’s get in between them!” Just as their photo was snapped We burst into between them in TA DA poses, both their faces looking like WHAT THE FUCK!? Me and Erika burst into hysterics before patting the brothers on the shoulder and set our sights on Tyler. “OH MY GOD, I SEE A PUCK BUNNY.” Erika cried in alarm, stopping both of us, since our arms were linked.
“OH BITCH! She’s after Tyler! We have to save him!” I exclaimed.
“LET’S GO!” Quickly as we could, we darted towards Tyler and right as the slut was about to snap the photo of him, we got on sides of him, both leaning in and giving him a kiss on the cheek.
Somehow, we both know that was what we were to do.
Tyler’ cried in shock at the sudden attacking of lips on the face.
“What the fuck!” The he realized what was going on, and the puck bunny gave both of us the worst glare you could ever imagine.
“Isn’t that statutory rape on a weird level?” Giroux called from down the carpet. We flipped him off.
“He’s eighteen, you ass! ITS LEGAL!” Erika defended.
“IT’S CALLED COMING TO THE RESCUE!” I yelled, dragging Tyler away from the slut whose shirt was so low it made me want to puke. The only time I would ever wear a shirt that low was if I was with Tuukka…alone.
“Guuuys, why did you do that? She was cute!” Tyler complained.
“Cute!? You could see the lust in her eyes and the pits of hell in her cleavage!” I yelled.
“If her shirt were any lower it might as well have been nonexistent!” Erika added. “IF YOU’RE GONNA HAVE A GIRLFRIEND ITS GONNA BE A REAL GIRL, NOT A SUCCUBUS LIKE THAT! Now lets go! We have to go in to get ready!”

*****

The red carpet was over and show time was on. I laughed with everyone in the locker room, feeling the mood lightening so much and causing me to feel excited and ready to go out there. The whole NHL was watching this and excited to see teammates go against each other and rivals banding together to become the best team there was. It was crazy to think about. I picked up my skate to put it on as the Staals got into a sibling fight.
“I swear to god, if you don’t have me compete for fastest skater I’m totally going to send Mom on you!” Marc called to his older brother and Captain, Eric.
“Fuck youuu! Mom would probably just smack us and tell us to shut up!” Everyone was laughing and feeling so good about this evening. Soon, NHL reporters came into interview everyone for live TV and the Staals quite cursing each other and began to hug each other like the close brothers they were. Just as I went to put on my skate, an eight legged, fuzzy crawler came darting out of nowhere and stalling just in between my feet.
I screamed.
“SPIDEEEEEER!!!” I darted to the other side of the locker room, landing on my face from tripping, Erika bursting out laughing at this.
“Shit, I didn’t know you had a fear of spiders!”
“Uhh…” Green commented, staring at me as I sat on the floor hyperventilating. All cameras were on me as I snatched Ovechkin’s stick.
“Hey!” He snapped! “Give back stick!” I ignored him as I slammed the stick hard on the ground where the disgusting wolf spider was. I completely missed and the thing darted towards me and I threw Ovechkin his stick and high tailed to the other side and jumped on the bench, cameras following me.
“I didn’t know you were afraid of spiders!” Tyler said looking up at me from my standing position on the bench half dressed.
“I just said that!” Erika exclaimed in annoyance.
“I’m petrified! My house used to be breeding ground for wolf spiders!” I pointed to the fuzzy disturbance on the floor. “Like that guy!” Sharp walked over and looked down at the spider, Erika looking at me with the biggest amused face but that was the least of my worries!
“Awww, look at the little fuzzy guy!”
“ITS NOT CUTE PATRICK SHARP!” I screeched.
“I say we fling spider at screaming girl for punishment for trying to use my stick to kill it.” Ovechkin said, all monotoned.
“Ovie! Mean!” Erika cried. THANK YOU ERIKA!
“YOU STUPID RUSSIAN!” I cried. “I DON’T CARE IF YOUR TWICE MY SIZE, I WILL KILL YOU! Just ask Chara, IT’S POSSIBLE!”
“It’s true.” The enormous Slovakian said.
“I wish I could see people’s reactions sitting at home…hey! Camera guy! Is this on the jumbotron right now?” Backes said to Skinner then to one of the camera guy. The guy gave a big smile and a thumbs up.
“It sure is!”
“HAHA!!” Erika joined in with Backes with laughter.
“I HATE LIFE! WILL SOMEONE JUST KILL IT SO I CAN GET DRESSED!?” I cried. “Waaaaaah, I hate liiiifeeee…”
“Roxy, you can get off the bench…” Chara said, rolling his eyes.
“NO I CAN’T! Not till that thing is dea-NO! NO! SKINNER! BACKES! DON’T PUT IT IN MY GEAR!! OH MY GOD I HATE YOU!” Skinner and Backes had cleverly picked up the disgusting spider and were now approaching my cubby and trying to get it to chill in my gloves.
“Get…IN!” Backes cried to the spider as Skinner held my glove opened.
“DON’T GET IN! BITE DAVID! RUN AWAY!! RUN OUT THE DOOR AND DISAPPEAR OUT OF MY LIFE!” I screamed at the spider. The entire room was in hysterics and just when the spider dropped into my glove and I started to scream, a sound I didn’t expect coming from the entrance of the locker room.
“ROOOOOXANNNE! YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIIIIGHT!” I quickly forgot that there was an eight legged monster running around in my hockey glove at the singing.
“This isn’t possible…” I muttered as Bergeron, Boychuk, and Marchand came bursting into the room.
“SURPRISE!!!”
“TEAM CANADA!? WHAT THE FUCK!?” I cried.
“Yay! You guys made it! I was beginning to think you wouldn’t arrive.” Tyler cried out. I looked at him.
“You knew they were coming!?” Tyler nodded.
“Me, Timmy, and Chara called the whole team down, not just Tuukka…for you.” He muttered the last part, making me tug at my sleeve self-consciously, Erika seeming to have heard the last part and look over. Before I could say anything, more people came filing in.
“ROXY!” The entire Boston Bruins roster seemed to have packed themselves into the locker room, all dressed in their jerseys and supporting All-Star Game hats.
“Oh my god…” I said…shaking my head in disbelief. “I was not expecting this…WAS I THE ONLY ONE!?” I cried, looking at Tyler and Chara and Tuukka, who was chilling at the edge of the locker room and they all nodded. “INSTIGATIORS!” Team Canada crushed me into a giant group hug and lifted me off the ground.
“And proud of it! Who wants Micky?” Bergeron asked, carrying me around as I squirmed to get out.
“HEY! I CAN WAAAL-OH MY GOD, DON’T BRING ME OVER HERE! THERE IS A SPIDER!!”
“A spider?” Marchand asked.
“YES A SPIDER! A GIANT, FUZZY WOLF SPIDER!” I screamed as Bergy walked me past the glove that held the spider. “AHHHH!!! ITS RIGHT THEEERE!”
“Micky is afraid of spiders…? OH THIS IS GOLD!” Marchand cried.
“NO! MARCHAND! YOU DIDN’T HEAR ANYTHIIIIING!”

*Meanwhile…on Team Lindstrom*

“That isn’t my team…” Thomas commented, watching the whole debacle going on in Team Staal’s locker room. “I don’t know who those people are.”

*****

“Oh don’t worry, Lindy broke free and darted under Elias’ shit.” Backes commented. Elias’ bolted up from his seat.
“OH SHIT, WHERE?”
“Lindy?” Ward asked Backes. Skinner piped up.
“We named it Lindy after Team Lindstrom.”
“Ahhh...” Ward said.
“You would Bieber.” Erika snorted at Skinner, making him shoot a glare for the nickname.
“AHHHH! ITS IN MY GLOOOOVE!” Price cried, shoving off his goalie glove and chucking it to the other side of the room, spider falling out of it and hitting the ground and doing a freak attack.
“Heh, heh, heh, good spider…” I snickered evilly. I saw Skinner and Seguin in the corner laughing and high fiving each other, both with conniving facial expressions sealing the fact that they both had stuck the spider in Price’s shit.
“Hey Roxy! Let’s have you meet a friend!” Lucic said, taking me from Bergy and carrying me towards Lindy.
“NO! NO! NO!” I cried, I then saw my boyfriend grinning off in a corner, arms crossed and leaning against the wall. “TUUUUUUUUK! HELP!”
“Nah, this is entertaining.” He said, breaking into a smile.
“YOU ASSHOLE!” I screamed. “I’M NOT TALKING TO YOU NOW!”
“Someone’s not gettin’ any tonight…” Giroux commented, sending the room in snickers.
SLAM!
Everyone turned to see Coach Quenneville holding a baseball bat that was now covered in spider guts.
“Clean up on isle three!” Marc Staal cried.
“Coach, you just killed Lindy!” Skinner said.
“COACH Q I LOVE YOU!” Erika cried in happiness. “You killed Bieber’s dreams!”
“Would you stop with that?” Skinner sighed in annoyance.
“NEVER! Its Eric’s fault!” She exclaimed, throwing an accusing finger at him.
“Well that means we’ll win. Alright people! Let’s get a move on! Bruins, time for you to trek out of here.”
“Will do Coach!” Bergeron said as Lucic dropped me on the floor. The team came and gave me, Tyler, and Chara their good lucks and pats on the head. Me and Marchand made some goofy pictures to upload to my Facebook before I finally managed to get to Rask and I jumped into his arms and he twirled me around.
Onnea tänään.” He whispered into my ears.
“Hun, what the hell does that mean?” I said, smiling at him.
“It means good luck tonight.” He kissed my forehead, lingering for a bit then walked away slowly. “Glad to see your smile becoming more and more genuine…” He called to me. I gave a small smile feeling so sad that he was still upset, he was masking it but he was having a tough time digesting my story and it killed me to have to have thrown such a huge emotion bag on him like this. I looked back into the room to see Erika watching what had just happened, pretending like she didn't. My phone buzzed in its cubby and I slowly walked over and picked it up.

You’re irreplaceable
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think? Comments welcomed! Super Skills is next! And did you like Roxy and Erika's serenading of Giroux? I do :P