Status: Based off of Blow Me Away and inspired by Overcome The Adversity

Drop The Puck, It's Time To Go

Walk Away

Image


“I…I can’t believe it.” I stated, stepping away from my mom, not knowing what to think or react. Seriously, how are you to greet the woman who abandoned you suddenly with no word at all with all your money leaving you with no future at the time?

“I can say the same to you…you’ve grown up so much…” She whispered, finally getting the courage to reach out and place her hands on my arms, looking at me tenderly. I moved out of her touch, not knowing how to feel about it. It felt like scalding hot brands on my skin, burning into my arms a long lost feeling I craved for, to be embraced again by my parents, but at the same time it brought back a feeling of loss and isolation.
“How…how did you get here? Where have you…been?” I sputtered out when internally I was screaming. WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME!? My mother seemed to sense my fear and anxiety and dropped her arms in dejection.
“I got here by train Roxanne. I…at my rehab I saw your first game and I knew you were in Boston. I wanted to find you…you succeeded in what your father…always wished. Oh Roxy.” She approached me again to hug me again and I sort of stepped back again.

“You’ve been at rehab…?” I asked. Mom nodded.
“I have. I am so sorry for what I have done. I wanted to find you again and show you that I have changed and wish for your forgiveness for what I have done. I…I should be here for you.”
“Like you told me two years ago dropping me off at Virginia Tech, the last time we ever saw each other.” I stated bluntly. Tears sprung to Mom’s eyes at my snap and they slowly poured down.

“I know, I should never have done that! It was a terrible mistake and I’m here to make amends! Roxanne, let’s go to your home where it’s warmer and we can talk this all out.”
“No, we’re not going to my place.” I stated firmly. That would just be awkward for Tuukka, do not want to throw this on him right now.
“What…why not?” My mom asked, puzzled.
“Because I don’t think my boyfriend could handle this. It would just be too much in my place. Instead, we’re going to Ben’s.” Ben had to be here too, I wasn’t the only one who hadn’t seen Mom in two years.
“Ben lives in Boston too?” Turning away from Mom and heading towards the T, prompting her to follow.

“Yes. He does. If you didn’t abandon us, you would know that.” Mom fell into an awkward silence after that, following us as we entered the Government Center T station, a blast of hot air hitting our faces from the trapped air from deep beneath the city. Is my bitterness getting the best of me? I wondered as I filled up my Charlie card for both me and my mom. I have a right to be bitter, don’t I?

*****

Standing at the foot of Ben’s apartment with the snow drifting around my face, reminiscent of my last night at this place when Tuukka dropped me off after Bruins practice, I gave a timid smile to Ben as he came to the front door. His face was frozen into a shocked expression as we entered, looking at Mom like he didn’t know what to do. Should he embrace her or leave her hanging like I did.
“Mom…” He muttered. Mom cracked into a weak smile.
“Oh Benjamin, you looks so much like your father…” She then broke and hugged him to her and he hugged her back awkwardly.
“How did you find us?” He finally croaked out.
“Your sister. I saw one of her games on TV and knew she had to be in Boston.” Fame…fame dragged her back to me. Who else will to? I began to rub my chest and throat for the familiar bubbling agony of heartburn was coming.

“Let’s get into my apartment.” Ben said, placing a hand on Mom’s back and leading her to the elevators and I trailed behind. Walking into Ben’s apartment, I felt a weird detachment from everything. I hadn’t been there in the end of December and it felt odd like a distant memory.

I felt the black hole in my heart open a little at the thought of what being in the NHL truly meant, what you had to do and what it did to you. I looked at my old bedroom door and saw that Ben never removed my old door decorations and my construction paper #40. With a simple agreement to a contract, I forked over my privacy for fame, said goodbye to family bonding, opened my world to one of stress and high expectations, and slowly got a trickle of people coming back to me who never would in the past. But with loss, you gain. You gained the respect of a team, respect of a city, and the love of a man you never thought you could get. Looking over at Ben settling Mom on the couch with a glass of water, I continued to go over all of this. You lost your father and gained a drug-addicted mother. Then you lost your mother but now she’s come back, what are you going to gain from this?

“I put you guys through hell.” My mother finally spoke up.
“You did.” I piped up, moving away from my old room and old memories. “You left me with nothing.”
“I’m so sorry honey. It was terrible of me. I wasn’t there when you needed me, I’ve been a terrible mother.” She held out her hand to me, hoping I would accept it. “But I changed myself, I went to rehab and fixed myself up for I hated what I did to you and your brother.” I ignored her hand and instead, opened up the pondering question I have held for two years.

“Where did you go?” She dropped her hand and sighed.

“Everywhere. The house was empty and suffocating and there was nothing there for me to enjoy. Just an empty hole where your father and you guys once were. So I just…left. Did an irrational thing and just dropped everything, took your money, and ran off to somewhere I had no memories of. Destroying everything your father worked hard on…” Mom’s eyes fell stirring a feeling of pity through my stomach, seeing where she was coming from. I did the same thing…do the same thing. I run from horror, pain, and difficulty. We all have a weakness and sometimes we just break from the pressure and run.

“You left me with nothing.” I stated, the pity bubbling away to anger. “If Ben didn’t have a house here in Boston I would be homeless!”
“But look at where you got.” My mom said. “You managed to live up to James’ dream.”

I burst out in anger at that.

“BY PURE CHANCE! I almost didn’t even get that fucking job at the TD Garden that led to where I am now!” Mom shrunk back a bit and Ben came over to try and calm me down.
“Roxy, chill.” I whirled on him.
“CHILL OUT!? No! I’m not going to chill out because alcohol and drugs were more important to you then me!” I pointed at my mom at the last part and she burst into tears, hanging her head in shame and I shed no pity this time. “You ran off and left me with nothing! Just a bleak future! You’re so lucky it turned out fine in the end and I have a sustainable job!”
“Roxanne Jeanne McGregor, please forgive me!” Mom cried out. “I regret what I have done! It was a terrible mistake that threatened all those around me and I’m wallowing in misery over what I have done! Don’t you have something that is the same way!?”

I started shaking as Tuukka’s words ran through my head. “When in deep sorrow, you do rash things, rash things you later regret.” I began to rub my arm, thinking about what to say.

Instead I ran for the door and got out of the room. My head was spinning out of control over everything that was happening. What was I suppose to do about this situation!? My mother came back after disappearing for two fucking years, was I meant to forgive her for what she did!? You do rash things you later regret. I burst into tears and slid down the door, sitting on the floor with my back to the door, tears streaming down my face, knees pulled up to my chest, sobbing into knees.

I wonder what someone would do if they came down the hallway to see this. #49, Roxanne McGregor, found sobbing like a fucking two-year-old at the door of her old apartment.

“Dear Roxy, I have not seen you in months and now I find you sobbing at the foot of your door! What is troubling you?” I hiccupped in surprise and picked up my head to see Ms. Flanagan in the hallway holding one of her cats that was meowing pathetically. I quickly got off the ground and sniffed, stopping the tears from pouring out.
“Ms. Flanagan.” I said. She walked over to me and placed a hand on my arm.
“Come dear, let’s get out of the hall and into my own apartment and we can talk about everything there. You’re certainly not in the state to have to chat with fans who could be in the building and a carpeted hallway doesn’t seem like the ideal place to chat about this.” I allowed myself to be guided by the old woman to her apartment, a place I hadn’t seen the inside in nearly four months.

Yup…hasn’t changed either.

Politely declining a cup of tea, I looked around at the familiar old fashion floral wallpaper and the comfy couch and armchairs. Her living room’s big window opened to a beautiful balcony overlooking the Charles and the Boston skyline. Poike, the fluffy white cat that loved me the most, came bounding out of his bed in the cat scratcher home and began to rub my legs affectionately. I picked him up and began to scratch his head as I sat down on the couch, Ms. Flanagan getting situated in one of the armchairs with her cup of tea.

“You’ve made quite a name for yourself you.” She said, blowing on her tea, steam rolling off the rim of the cup. “I didn’t know what to think of when I turned on the NHL network on my TV and saw your name and your pretty face skating across that ice. Felt proud to say I knew you for two years.” I smiled lightly, continuing to hold onto Poike.
“Yeah, it was unexpected. Highly expected.”
“But your one great player, felt great to watch you at the Super Skills Competition, you had such a smile on your face, warmed my heart. Are you still bitter with that Erika Harper?” I laughed.
“Being with Bruins is certainly a life changing decision, the team is amazing. And Erika? No, we’re really good friends now thanks to Super Skills.” Poike bounded out of my lap and then went and sat at his cat bed with his buddy Bobby Orr.

Yes, the cat was named after the hockey legend.

Ms. Flanagan smiled warmly.
“So glad you girls are no longer ready to beat each other’s faces in. Us woman need to band together. Especially now with the pickle she is in. In my honest opinion, it’s certainly a fake, no way could she have done such a thing.” I sighed deeply, thinking about the sex tape scandal.
“You’re correct, it’s not her at all. It was a fake planted by her vengeful ex who is out for her downfall. I feel so bad for her.”
“So do I…the poor girl.” Placing her cup on the coaster, Ms. Flanagan looked at me deeply. “Now, I didn’t call you in to discuss hockey, your success, or Harper’s issue. Instead, what is possibly bothering you child? Did you and Rask get in a fight or something?” I shook my head.
“No, we’re fine. We’ve had only two fights and they’ve been nothing and we just go about our day like it never happened. Instead…it’s just…you knew my mother ran away and had been missing for two years right?” The old woman nodded her head.
“I did know that, you told me.”
“Well, she’s emerged and is begging for forgiveness and I’m freaking out cause I don’t know what to do about it. I feel like I can’t forgive her for the hell she put me through, the uncertainty. I just keep seeing what two years ago for me meant.”
“She’s in your brother’s apartment?” I nodded. Ms. Flanagan picked up a passing Bobby Orr and secured him in her lap.

“What your mother did was dreadful and almost unforgivable, I’ll give you that, but you have to put into consideration that the past is the past and nothing will undo it.” Stroking a purring Orr, she continued. “Did you ever read The Great Gatsby in high school? You had to, that book is legendary.” I nodded.
“Oh yeah I did. Wasn’t that bad of a story, but it was dreadful to write about.” Ms. Flanagan waved a hand around.
“It’s the past dear, the past.” I sighed.
“I know, I know, Ms. Flanagan.”
“Call me Dolores.” Ha, Dolores, such an old lady name. Fitting. “Anyways, you know the moral of that book right? Living in the past can destroy you? Gatsby couldn’t let go of the past and in the end he lost everything and ended up as dead as dead can be.”
“Wasn’t he shot in a pool?” I randomly added.
“Yeah, he was.”
“That sucks.” Dolores chuckled.
“Yes it does, but listen to what I’m trying to say hun. Wallowing in the past does nothing. You don’t gain anything from it. Instead you need to focus on the present and what you can do. You learn from the past and you gain knowledge. Is it wise to give up on your mother, forsake her and leave her hanging when she took the time and effort to fix herself up and learn from her past and now come and find you? You think she will just relapse if you can’t get out of the past and don’t forgive her at all?” I bit my lip.

What is it with old people and knowing exactly what to do and being smarter?

“You don’t have to forgive her right away, have her show you that she’s back to her old self and willing to be there for you again. She came back for you and is obviously desperate to show that she is sorry for what she did and willing to change.” Dolores pointed to a glass collection case filled with vintage Bruins memorabilia all dating to the 1960’s, the legendary years for the team. “They wouldn’t have succeeded if the just sat there and thought about past losses or their own past. They looked to what they could improve and they brought Boston the Stanley Cup.” Placing a hand on my knee, Ms. Flanagan looked in my eyes. “You have the potential of being as great as Bobby Orr himself, but you can’t succeed if you don’t think ahead and put into effect what your actions will do.”

Ms. Flanagan got up and went to warm up her tea.
“Listen child, I’m not saying you must storm back there and forgive your mother. But you should think about it in the future and see what her actions do. I think it will better you.” Leaving the living room, I looked over at the newspaper article with Bobby Orr holding the Stanley Cup.

“What would you have done?” I muttered. Turning away from the case, I went to find Dolores. She was messing with her microwave and saw me standing there.
“Leaving?” I nodded.
“I need to go out and clear my head and talk to Tuukka about this. Plus I need to get to the TD for tonight’s game. Thank you…for everything.”
“It’s nothing Roxanne. Good luck tonight, I will be watching.” I smiled.
“I’m sure you will. By the way, how many of your friends enjoy hockey?” I just had a spontaneous idea that I knew I needed to follow through with. Dolores pondered on the question for a bit.
“A good amount. How come?” I began to back towards the door.
“I’m going to secure you and your friends a box at an upcoming Bruins game. I’ll bring you the tickets when I get them.” Ms. Flanagan gave a laugh, clapping her hands.
“You don’t need to do that! But I am flattered! I am looking forward to this! Actually, can you sign something for my display case?” I burst into a smile.
“Not an issue.” After signing a puck and hugging Dolores goodbye, I exited the room and went towards the elevator, ignoring my buzzing pocket. I entered it and stared at the buttons.

“Just so you know, I’m Jordan! I live on the fifth floor!”

Hesitating at the sound of the voice in my head, I jumped from the ground floor button to the fifth. The elevator door opened and I stepped out. It’s weird, when you’re so unsure about life and in an extremely down mood, you want to do all the best things in the world. I stared down the hallways, realizing I had no idea what room the kid Jordan lived in. Sighing at my stupidity, I began to wander around, hoping I could find someone to direct to me Jordan.
“You need help?” I turned to see a woman standing there. I nodded.
“Yeah, I’m looking for a kid named Jordan who lives on this floor. He’s like around 14 and loves the Bruins.” She nodded down the right hallway.
“It’s 521.”
“Thanks.”

I made my way to the door, knocking on it and stood there for a minute before the door opened to expose a middle aged woman with a potholder.
“Hi, what can I…do for you?” She asked, tilting her head a bit as if she recognized me.
“Hi, I’m Roxanne McGregor here to see Jordan.”
“DID SOMEONE JUST SAY MCGREGOR!?” I heard Jordan’s cries, tearing out from a bedroom door and starring in awe at the door. “Holy shit!”
“JORDAN!” His mom yelled, rearing at him. “You don’t swear!” She then looked at me with an apologetic face. “Sorry about that Miss McGregor. Now I know why you look so familiar. You’re #49 of the Bruins and used to live at the top floor.” I smiled and nodded.
“That’s me.”
“Please come in.” I stepped into the apartment and was instantly bombarded by Jordan with a jersey.
“I can’t believe my freaking luck! Can you sign my jersey and take a picture with me!?” I laughed, allowing his enthusiastic energy ease me weary brain for the moment as I signed his jersey and took a picture with him, his mother seemed to be enjoying this tremendously.

“So what brings you here?” She asked after Jordan wandered in a daze to his room to put his signed jersey somewhere. I shrugged.
“Well, circumstances brought me back here and I remembered your son’s insane love for the Bruins-” The woman laughed heartedly.
“You got that right! You should see his room in a bit, it’s covered.” I smiled.
“I will have to see this…but…well, I’m in a weird mood right now and all about helping everyone around me and I’m here to take your son to the Shark’s game and he’s going to be in the locker room for us getting ready, the bench for warm-ups and then I’m going to have him sit in the box with our GM to watch the game.” Jordan’s mom’s mouth fell open and I saw tears prick her eyes.
“Are you serious?” I nodded.
“Thank you…so much. Jordan!” Jordan came out.
“Yes!?” I smiled at the enthusiastic teenager.
“You’re going to the Sharks game tonight. Get your stuff together. You’re meeting the whole team. Be prepared.” I thought the kid’s eyes were going to pop out and his jaw hit the floor.
“NO WAY! AHHH!” He ran into his room. “I have to tell everyone this and get ready!”

I felt a hand on my arm and I looked to see his mom standing there with tears in his eyes. “This will mean the world to him. Thank you…so much.” I smiled.
“It’s nothing. I need to give back to the city of Boston, for everything.” His mom shook her head.
“No, it’s not that.” She lead me to the living room away from Jordan’s room. “When Jordan was six, his father died in a car crash and that hit him hard. He’s been without a father figure for years of his life and he hides it well but I know he hurts. He’s a huge fan of yours for your story, how you lost your own father and still rose to the top.” I felt a lump hit my throat at that thought again, thinking to my mother who was on the top floor. I took a deep breath and let it out.
“I’ll make this the best day of his life.”
“It’s not the last thing though.” I looked at her.
“What else is wrong.”

“Jordan has cancer.” I looked back at the kid who was now lying out all the stuff on his table while on the phone with someone, I then noticed the thinning hair under his Bruins hat and felt tears prick my eyes. “We can’t afford the treatment anymore and without it he only has a year left and I don’t know what to do.” His mom began to sniff and I felt my heart hurting. “I want to do everything I can to save him. He’s brilliant at hockey and wants nothing more than to play in the NHL, but I’m seeing it crashing now that he’s so sick. He can’t keep up on the ice anymore and…and…he’s going to die.” The numbers of my paycheck went flashing through my head and I thought of all the money I had in the bank. It was a shitload, so much I didn’t know what to do with it.

Without the treatment he’s going to die…

“Take me to the hospital his next check up.” I blurted out. His mom blinked.
“Why?”
“Those paychecks are now mine.” I stated. “Your son is going to the Shark’s game tonight, he’s going to meet the Bruins, he’s going to get his medical bills paid by me, he’s going to continue hockey, and he will get into the NHL.”

*****

Bringing Jordan to the locker room was the best decision I had made that day. Tuukka knew I was highly upset and kept asking what was effecting me but I told him I would tell him later, I was going to break down after saying it all.

I needed to focus on the game.

The Bruins team loved Jordan’s enthusiasm and it made me feel hell of a lot better, especially now that I knew what was happening to him and that I could help in the best way possible. Coach agreed to having him come to practice one day too.

It just made it all better.

In the end of the game, we were shut out and it hit us hard, but it was the last thing on my mind. After I dropped Jordan off at his apartment, blabbering as usual, I went back to me and Tuuk’s apartment and the minute we got into it, I finally burst. I then fell onto the carpeted floor and burst into tears that I had been holding back for way to long. In the speed of light, Tuukka shut the door and was kneeling before me, trying to get me to look at him and getting the tears off my face.
“Roxy, what has happened!?” Tuukka cried in fear, probably scared that I was having another breakdown.

Yes, I was having one, but for a different reason.

“I don’t know what to do!” I cried.
“What do you mean? Babe, please tell me what happened. Was it Jake? You’ve been off all night and it’s worrying me.” I shook my head no.
“No…my…my mom…she’s back.”
“Shouldn’t…this be, well, happy?” I sniffed, tears just leaking out of my face and onto the floor.
“You would think. But what do I do!? Tuuk, I haven’t seen her in two years! She abandoned me! She was a raging alcoholic the last time I saw her! Coke was her best friend! And not the fucking soda!” I sobbed into his chest. “I just don’t know how to deal with this…” Tuukka hugged me hard, kissing my head.
“Everything will be ok Roxy, everything will be fine.”
“Do I forgive her!?”
“The only thing you can do is watch and see what she does.” He said, picking me up and carrying me to the couch. “Where is she?”
“At Ben’s…” I muttered, clinging to my boyfriend. “It’s such a crazy clusterfuck mess right now.” Tuukka sighed.
“Clusterfuck mess…that’s one way to put everything.”

*****

It had been about three days since my mom resurfaced and I hadn’t seen her since. I had called my brother and had a good conversation with him and he agreed to come see the Montreal game and I agreed to have Mom go with him. I was outside the Garden, starring around at my surroundings feeling numb. It was a big game tonight and I needed to be at my best. We were playing our rivals and I didn’t need to be in another world for this. Sighing, I picked up my gear and started towards the entrance, pushing all thoughts of my mother out of my head.

“Funny, it’s so easy to know where you’re going to be.”

My blood began to run cold and I slowly turned to see Jake emerge from leaning against one of the cars, I saw a faint sign of an old black eye.
“What are you doing here? Get the fuck away!” I cried, not wanting to deal with him and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t scared either. This guy was dangerous.
“Just wondering how you’re doing now after everything. Holding up well?” I glared at him.
“What you did with Erika is unforgiving. Why did you do it!? What is to gain!?” Jake smirked at my distress.
“Why so defensive of her? Thought you hated her guts.”
“You should understand that shit could change. Actions can change a perspective of a person.” I snapped, attempting to march towards the TD’s door where I knew I would be safe.

I was instantly stopped by a hand grabbing my upper arm hard.

“Don’t fucking walk away from me.” Jake hissed, I began to struggle with his grip, glaring hard.
“I can do whatever the fuck I want to Ramos. You don’t run my life anymore and you will be punished for what you have done to me. You and Sean both. Sean for what he has done to Erika.” Jake pulled me towards him and I dropped my bag and he got a grip on his other arm.
“I’m pissed at you, you know.” He hissed, forsaking what I just spat at him.
“Oh? And what is that? For having a better fucking life then you? Escaping your clutch?”
“For dragging other people into this. What is with this Giroux and Briere shit? Hmm?” I blinked.
“How do you know of them?” I snapped.
“They’re terrible allies, it was so easy to see that they don’t like their team any more than you do.” Jake glared. “It’s hilarious to know how much Giroux is protective of you.”

That explains the black eye…oh god Claude…

“They just don’t stand for bullshit.” I snapped. “Now let me go you asshole.” My arms were hurting but at that, Jake only tightened his grip.
“I’m not going to let you go Roxanne, you’ve escaped me way too easy before and I wont have you lock me the fuck away.”
“I will Ramos. I will.”
“Do I have to leave a mark on you?” He asked.
“You already have.” I snapped. Instead of having him come back with something else in words, he came back with forcing his mouth on mind and forcing his tongue inside.

I couldn’t move.

I couldn’t yell.

Instead all I could do was have tears leak down my face.

“What the fuck you think your doing!?” Jake thankfully left my mouth and let go of my arms, allowing me to stumble away from him and hug myself, not even bothering to see who came to my rescue, I was just so upset over Jake’s assault. I tried to calm my beating heart and stop the tears leaking out but my body was shaking so bad I couldn’t.
“What’s your issue?” I heard Jake ask the person who came to my rescue. I didn’t recognize the voice, but when he spoke again, in a dull tone, I became highly curious.
“My issue is that this didn’t look acceptable.” Turning around I then began to cough in surprise.

Carey Price stood confronting Jake.

“If I were you, I would get fucking lost.” Jake hissed.
“I think if anyone needs to get loss, it’s you.” Price said back, Jake stepped away from the intimidating Canadien goalie, and gave me one hard look before walking off. Price turned to look at me and an awkward tension rose in the air. “You…alright?” Price finally spoke up. I stood there shaking and rubbing my sore arms.
“Yeah…maybe…I don’t know.” I said, walking over and grabbing my bag.
“Who was he?” Price asked. I looked over at the rival goalie who gave me shit at Super Skills and the man who just saved me.
“My ex boyfriend.” I answered.
“What was he doing?”
“Wasn’t it obvious? He was being an asshole.” I said.
“Clearly…need…any help getting inside? In…case he comes back?” I looked over at Price and his awkward request. I shrugged.
“Why not…” Together, we walked in awkward silence into the TD Garden. “Thanks…by the way.” I said.
“No problem…” Carey answered.
“What…is…going…on…?” I stopped walking at the sound of Tuukka’s voice. I looked up to see him standing there looking awkward at the sight of me with his rival goalie.
“Well…” I started. “Jake…came back and well, Price sent him off with his tail between his legs.” Tuuk’s face fell.
“Jake was back!? Where the fuck is that asshole…what did he do this time!?”
“He had your girlfriend pinned to a car and his tongue down her throat.” Price answered and Tuuk looked at him and his colored faded.
“He didn’t…” Price nodded.
“He kind of did…well, I should head to my team.” Awkwardly, Price walked away and I called out.
“Thanks again Price.” Price nodded and headed off while Tuuk ran over to me.

“What the fuck, why did my fucking rival goalie be there for you and I’m not!? Did Jake leave those marks!?” Tuukka began to fuss over me while I stood there stunned. The fact that Carey Price was a man enough to help me out was crazy, I didn’t know what to do and seeing him later was going to be fucking crazy. I was looking at him hell of a lot differently and I didn’t know how I felt about that.

Tuukka was fuming though. Half over Jake and half over Price.
“Get to the locker room now and get these checked over by the doctor ok? There nasty fucking bruises!” I waved a hand, dazed.
“I can only wait for them to leave.” I said.
“They’re horrible though!”
“TUUKKA!” I finally cried out.
“WHAT!?”
“RAUHOIYTUA!” I snapped. Tuuk just stood there a little stunned.
“Since when did you know Finnish?”
“Since I started dating you, I’ve been attempting shit here and there and I feel the best phrase to learn it calm. Down.” Tuukka stood there, blinking, before placing his lips on mine and kissing me really deeply and backing me against a wall.
“I don’t know why but that makes me love you so fucking much.”

Little did Tuukka know, he was taking away the horrible taste of Jake Ramos that was lingering in my mouth.
“You’re taking away Jake’s stain in my mouth as well.”
“Am I now?” He asked. I nodded as he kissed me on the lips, lightly this time, but going back in again for another one, slowly snaking down my neck. God damn you, you stupid Scandinavian! You would do this to me!
“Tuukka…” I whispered.
“Yes?” He asked, between attacking my neck.
“We have to get to the locker room, this isn’t home.” Sighing, Rask stopped biting my neck and kissed my lips again.
“I suppose so…” My phone started to buzz uncontrollably in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out, seeing who it was.
“It’s Erika, I need to take this.” Tuukka nodded.
“Understandable, I’ll see you in the locker room.”

Feeling some cheer return to me, I answered it but before I could get anything out, Erika began to ramble.
“Steeger was traded to the Flyers this morning and I cried a little bit but I just talked to him so its ok and he’s going to help us in spying on Sean and Jake and join Giroux and Briere and together the three of them will make the CIA! The Canadian Intelligence Agency!” It took a little for me to understand what just happened, then I burst out laughing.

“That. Is. BRILLIANT ERIKA! The CIA…damn…but shit! Poor Steeger! What the hell, I swear to god, if any of my players are sent to the Flyers I will murder someone.”
“Yeah I was devastated, but he was really chipper about it. Probably because you know, he’s gone to a team with actual offensive skill. He’s just as pissed about everything though so he agreed to help us. I’m actually totally pumped that we have three now.”
“Me too. The more the better! Shit, I’m getting more scared now. Are we soon going to be adopt the ENTIRE team of the Flyers?” I started to cough after saying that as if my pride was being barfed up.
“Dear god, kill me before that happens please! I’ve been a Flyer hater my whole life, that’s not changing any time soon!” Erika coughed also.
“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure that doesn’t happen! Oh yeah…speaking of hating teams and players for the rest of your life, I’m in a bit of a predicament right now.” I leaned on the counter, head in my empty hand in deep thought again about this incident.
“Really? What happened? Spill it.”

I took a deep breath and spilt everything like Erika asked me too.

“Well, Jake has followed me back to Boston again. I didn’t realize it until it was too late…fucking snake he is lurking in the shadows. He jumped me as usual and…yeah, he did some pretty nasty stuff. But…thankfully he didn’t get far thanks to Price. Freaking Carey Price of the freaking Montreal Canadiens came to my freaking rescue!
“CAREY PRICE?!” Erika squealed. “That’s surprising to me! Although I never thought he was THAT bad of a guy…”
“I guess everyone has a slight good side…but what the fuck! I don’t know how to react to this! Rask is pissed beyond all belief right now…I think half is because Jake attacked me and the other half because his rival goalie was there for me when he wasn’t…”
“I can see that. I mean Price clearly has some sense, and he’s gonna stop something as horrible as Jake the Snake. What a secret sweetheart!” Erika cooed at that. Before I could respond I hear a heavily accent start cursing.

“SHUT UP!” There was a loud THUMP! And Erika began to yell at another occupant.
“VARLY! Stop it! I’m trying to have a nice conversation with my fellow female player here!” I burst out laughing.
“Doesn’t it feel wonderful to annoy fellow teammates? Men are so emotional.”
“They really are! So much more than they let on!” We both shared a laugh before silence fell. “Well I should probably take my pregame nap… big game against Phoenix tonight and Varly’s about cut my throat.” I chuckled.
“Sounds like a good idea, be bad if the Caps goalie kills their star. Might ruin team moral! Good luck against the Coyotes and don’t forget, I’m doing all I can up here in Boston to find you evidence.”
“Thank you. It’s very reassuring to hear that. I’ll talk to you later then!”
“Definitely! Bye Erika.”

Shutting my phone, I looked at it, knowing that Erika was hurting even though she wasn’t sounding it. Knowing what would help, I pulled up YouTube on my phone. Searching for a good video of my Ott fight, I sent it to her Facebook, leaving a personalized not.

This fight was for you by the way.

Closing my phone, I headed towards the locker room, back to feeling dazed and numb again, but distracted again when Marchand came around the corner and looked at my neck.
“Oh for the love of god…” He muttered. “Do you guys have constant hormones being fed into your goddamn system!? What have you violated now!?”
“Shut up Marchand or it’s going to be your couch next!”
“DON’T YOU FUCKING DARE!” I rolled my eyes and passed the gripping Canadian, crying about how the goalie and the forward were attempting to make children on his couch.

Yes Montreal, this is who you’re facing tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kneel in silence, alone
My spirit bares me
Pray for guidance, towards home
In darkest hours


-Take Me Away by Globus, listening to this song right now and obsessed with it and this lyric kind of fits the mood of what I just wrote, especially how its sung too! Hoped you enjoy this cahpter!