Status: Based off of Blow Me Away and inspired by Overcome The Adversity

Drop The Puck, It's Time To Go

It's Going To Be A Blackout Tonight

Image


“Oh Mickey your so fine, your so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!”
“ROXAAAANNE! YOU DON’T HAVE TO PUT ON THE RED LIGHT!”
“You take me by the heart when you take me by the haaaand!”
“ROXAAAANNE! YOU DON’T HAVE TO WEAR THAT DRESS TONIGHT!”
“BERGERON, BOYCHUK, MARCHAND, AND…Seguin? Whatever…QUIT YOUR SINGING RIGHT NOW!” No actually, that wasn’t me that was actually Coach Julien from the front of the bus. I started dying of laughter because it was hilarious that I wasn’t the only one frustrated from this constant, horrendous singing from the back of the bus. You know how there are four seats in the way back of a coach bus that you always fight for when going on high school field trips? Yeah well, those four seats were filled with Team Canada and the addition of Tyler Seguin. That poor kid, he was being tainted by the Terrible Trio! We had landed in Washington DC and were in our bus heading to the hotel. I was feeling exhausted because I hadn’t slept yet. The minute we left the TD Garden, we went right to the airport and flew down to DC, half of us exhausted, the other have getting close to being over tired. AKA, the clowns in the back of the bus.
“Awww Coach, do you want a song?”
“No, I don’t.”
“Cooooooach, are we there yet?”
“Seguin, was that really you!?”
“What? He’s the youngest! It’s more appropriate!”
“Bergeron stop encouraging!” I was now in stints from laughing so hard right now and Tuuk put his hand on me with an amused smile.
“You going to be ok Roxy?” He asked, laughing at how hard I was laughing.
“Yeah, yeah, I’m going to be good! I just need sleep…” I then had a burst of happiness and threw myself on to Tuukka, wrapping my arms around him hard. “I love yooou.” Tuukka grunted and hugged me back.
“Love you too…yeah you need sleep for sure.” We finally arrived at the hotel at like about three in the morning and I felt like a zombie wandering through the hallways with my suitcase.
“You know, I don’t know why we’re bothering looking all nice right now because we all look horrible. Hell, my outfit is so messed up it doesn’t look professional.” I commented, getting into the elevator with Tuukka fixing my black pencil skirt, fixing my formal v-neck white shirt that was tucked in. Once the door closed I ripped off my peacoat in a Hulk fashion while trying to sound manly. “RAWR!” Tuukka’s eyes just widened.
“Hun, are you trying to tell me something? Cause I know we can kick out either Marchand or Thomas tonight.”
“Aww how sweet of you suggesting we kick out our fellow teammates so we can get it on!” The elevator door opened. “But I’m going to sadly have to decline that offer, I’m tired.” We stepped out into the hallways, continuing our conversation.
“You would deny me like that.” Tuukka grumbled. I laughed.
“Aww hun, c’mon, it’s three in the morning.”
“So?”
“I don’t think Marchy can hand sleeping in a bathtub again!” At that moment, Marchand got off the elevator in front of us and just gaped at me.
“I heard what you just said and I want to cry…YOU’RE GOING TO SEXILE ME AGAIN!?”
“BRAD SHUT UP!” I cried.
“Yeah Brad, she wanted to.” I twirled and gaped at my boyfriend who casually smiled me while went off to find his own room whistling leaving me standing like a dumb idiot.
“I just got slapped in the face!” I said. Brad started laughing hard.
“Dude, talk about having each others backs!” I smacked Marchand with my carry on and then dropped that along with my regular suitcase and charged after Tuukka.
“YOU ASSHOLE, YOUR GETTING TAKEN DOWN FOR THAT!” I jumped on his back and he cried, and we both went down on the floor and started wrestling with each other.
“What the hel- Ok you two, stop making children in the middle of the fucking hallway! This is a public place…” We both stopped wrestling and saw Coach Julien standing in the hallway with his head in his hand. “I swear this team isn’t an age over five…” He muttered. Me and Tuukka burst out laughing and got up, going off to grab our stuff and put it in our rooms. Tuukka grabbed my arm and pulled me back, wrapping that arm around my waist giving me a kiss, lingering slightly on my lips. He really slowly took his arm off me before going into his room and I went off to collect my stuff, finding it insane how much I wanted to run into the room and tackle him. I was so attracted to him, it was insane. Sighing, I grabbed my suitcase and picked it up, dragging it towards my room, thinking about what it was that made me so happy about being with him.
Probably for once I had a relationship where it felt real.
Entering my hotel room, I tossed my suitcase on one of the beds, really feeling the exhaustion kicking in. Taking out my PJs, I thought to yet again, the game that was tomorrow.

*****

Lining up behind Krejci, I waited to enter into the Verizon Center, my nerves nearly going haywire thanks to the fact that outside that door stood Erika Harper. I didn’t know what to expect now that I knew Erika had flipped a shit to Timmy and Tyler about me. But I still remember her statement about someday playing together.
Well, it’s happening.
But it didn’t seem like it was going to be as sincere as she had mentioned before.
“You good Roxy?” I looked behind me at Tyler.
“Yeah, just nervous about getting out there and seeing Erika for the first time. She’s not happy about me being here.” Tyler patted me on the shoulder.
“She’s probably calmed down and it isn’t going to be as bad as you think.”
“I’ll take your word for it Seguin.” Krejci started his jog to the rink and I bit the bullet and went, going through a sea of waiting hands to be bumped. I didn’t hit anyone’s despite their calls to me. I was all tensed up about getting out there. The minute people saw my bright red hair hit that rink, Caps fans began to echo the center with boos. I expected it, for sure. Skating around the goal I faced the Capitals end, seeing the team coming out, every single one and then there she was, Harper, greeted by thunderous applause from her home. She was with Ovie, settling down at center ice for stretches, not giving me a second glance. Relaxing a bit, I turned and started to burst all the energy I had in me on pucks, blasting them into the net. I passed by Marchand and gave him a fist bump on my way over to Rask who was kneeling, seeming to mentally prepare himself. Stopping, I dropped to the ice next to him and began my own stretches.
“She doesn’t really seem to care I’m here, thank fucking god.” Rask shook his gloved hands around as if to get his hands more comfortable inside.
“I told you you were freaking out more than you should. By the way, you look hot right now.” I whacked him gently with my stick.
“Focus on your game instead of your hormones idiot!” I looked past Rask’s helmet and saw that Erika had finished watching me, Ovie said something, causing her to snap at him and call out to one of her players, Semin, who gave her pucks. She quickly got up off the ice and began to shoot them at her goalie. Back, triple, you name it, just like I was doing before, only she was cheerfully taunting her goalie. Getting up from stretches, I gripped my stick, ready to show off back to her, if this was the game she was going to play.
“I swear to god, if looks could kill, Harper would be shot down on the ice right now.” Tuuk commented, getting up too and starting towards our goal. I turned to look at him.
“Look who’s talking.” I said.
“ROOOOOXXAAAANNNE, how are you doing?” Boychuck skated up to me and bopped me in the shoulder. I hit him back.
“Doing pretty good, about to show off to Caps superstar that anything she can do…I can do better.” Boychuk looked over my shoulder at the Capitals.
“Whatever it entails, let’s not have blood on the ice, ok?”
“Can’t promise that Chucky…” I turned around to take one more look before going to take warm up shots on Thomas when I notice that Erika was staring right at me, determination in her eyes. It was like we silently spoke to each other across the ice and at the same time, we both made a movement towards center ice, ready to make our second confrontation as people but first as NHL players. We both stopped at the face-off circle, staring her down, wandering what to say. She didn’t seem like she was going to speak first, so I felt compelled to start.
“Well Harper, looks like we finally get to play together like you said two months ago at the TD Garden when you sent my water jug across the floor.” I said, wondering what her response was going to be to that.
“If I remember correctly, that was an accident and I helped you clean it up. And let’s be honest, I wasn’t talking about this stage. Are you sure you can handle this?” She growled back.
“The Bruins owner begged me to come on, I think I can handle this. Made it through three games haven’t I?” I responded with a smile, leaning on my stick.
“Well if I remember correctly, you’ve only won one of those games? How many games have I won in my career? Oh yeah, and wasn’t the loss to the Wild?” She let out a good laugh at that, sending boiling anger into me. “Honestly, how can you lose to the Wild? I guess the Bruins aren’t all they’re cracked up to be, are they?” I glared at her hard at the stab. Seriously, what the fuck, she was suppose to be the sweet, kind Erika Harper. No, instead she was the cold hearted bitch I was fearing. I masked my nervousness and responded.
“Shit happens Harper, I would think you would know. I’m at my beginning of the season, I have time to shine.” My mouth was on fire and inner MassHole unleashing! “I actually won a game compared to your, what? Eight game losing streak? How do you respond to that?” Erika seemed to pause for a minute but quickly bounced back.
“Adversity is good for the team, McGregor. Of course you wouldn’t understand that because clearly you don’t know anything about leadership or adversity. You should learn about it now.”
“I’ve had my share of adversity Harper, it wasn’t in the NHL, but I know about misfortune. Lot’s of it. More than you fucking know.” Erika was giving me an even more menacing look. I wonder what everyone was thinking about, looking at us staring like we were going to kill each other.
“What, and you think I haven’t? You don’t know anything about me or what I’ve been through. So you don’t have any fucking right to talk me down either.” Standing up straight, I made a move to skate away but not before I gave her one more piece of mind.
“What kind of hardship would that be Miss Erika? Dating the biggest whiner in the league? That would get on everyone’s nerves, you wouldn’t be an exception.” I went to skate away, knowing I was leaving her seething in anger at the stab at Sidney Crosby.
“At least my boyfriend is attractive, unlike that freaking retarded beaver from Scandinavia.” I quickly twirled around and saw her sincere smile of victory at that. Oh HELL no! She totally did not just say that! She did not just insult Tuuk! Fuck it, I don’t care if this is warm-ups or neutral ice, this bitch was going down! I dropped my stick and ripped my gloves off, punching Erika in the face, watching her stumble back. She steadied herself, shocked at my punch but I could see the death in her eyes.
“Oh, it’s on now slut!” She yelled, ripping off her gloves and punching me back just as hard as I did. I ignored the pain in my face as I began to retaliate with more punches, some landing and some missing. I then felt myself become restrained by someone, Erika getting pulled away by Ovechkin, his usual pissed off face now hardened into pure rage at me. But I didn’t care, this bitch asked for it and she got it.
“Roxy, I told you not to spill blood!” Yeah, that was Boychuk lightheartedly trying to drop some humor into this mess to calm me down. I didn’t pay attention to him; I just continued to glare at Erika, even when Timmy got in between us. Niklas Backstrom, Alexander Semin, and Semyon Varlamov joined Obitchkin himself. I looked to my right as I felt more presence, seeing Marchand and Tuukka joining the glare fest, his head shaking at me in slight disappointment at all of this. As I slowly looked away from my boyfriend, I could hear the angry screams of the ref.
“HEY! None of this shit should be going down! If you two don’t fucking stop this shit, I’ll throw both your asses out of the game!” Ovechkin was dragging Erika back to the bench as I was let go by who I found out was Bergeron and skated away to the bench, not feeling like I should be out. I could feel Coach’s frustrated stare, knowing I was going to get a serious chat with him about sportsmanship.
“May I pester into what caused that whole thing?” Lucic commented. “Even I never got into a fight before a game!” He then gave me a crushing hug. “So proud of youuuu.” I pushed Lucic off of me and angrily stomped to the locker room, not bother to talk to anyone on the team but I did bump people’s hands who screamed their approval to me as I disappeared.
But I was followed.
Team Canada and Rask came stomping into the locker room behind me.
“Roxanne, why did you do that?” Rask ask, coming over to me, helmet up and looking at my face. “That’s going to be a nasty bruise…” He mutter, taking off his glove and rubbing my face where Erika had first hit me.
“Why did I do that? She was just a stupid, sly bitch who had to test me.” I chucked my stick to the other side of the room. “She’s pissed beyond all belief that I was able to tread into her territory.”
“She say that?”
“No, but you could feel it. What wasn’t said is the most important.”
“That doesn’t sound like Erika and that didn’t look like the Erika I knew from the Olympics.” Bergeron said. I shrugged at his response.
“Yeah, she’s not the idol I thought she would be either.” I sat in my cubby, head in my hands, starring at the floor. “I didn’t mean to get into a fight but when all that rolls out of that girl’s mouth is a fucking insult.” Before anyone could talk, the rumbling of skates into the locker room signaled that warm ups were over and that everyone was coming in.
“Shit Roxanne! You’re already fighting like a fucking pro! Putting me to shame.” McQuaid commented, being the first one in. The rest of the guys came in too, all adding in their approval. It was Tyler who piped up.
“Be honest Roxy, who was the agitator in this?”
“Harper.” I snapped, going off to the side of the locker room, attempting to find my stick, fetching it, and going back to my seat seeing Coach tromping in. “She had to be all bitter about me being in her territory and blah, blah, BLAH!”
“Roxanne.” I turned and looked at Coach, his face like stone.
“Yes Coach?” I asked, trying not to let my frustration come out when addressing my boss.
“Don’t pull that shit ever again. You hear? We need you in every fucking game and if you screw it over before you even play that pretty much screws over this entire team! Before getting into actions like that, think about your team!” I kept my face emotionless, feeling like shit on the inside. “Look, I don’t care what happened or if was her fault or yours but don’t get into a fight that bans you from a game before you even fucking enter!” I nodded my head.
“Understood Coach, it was rash and I wont let it happen again.” The locker room was awkwardly quiet as we all settled down and awaited Coach’s pregame pep talk. I looked over at Rask who gave me a small encouraging smile before focusing on Coach. Feeling better, I looked back and half absorbed what Coach was saying, mostly thinking about my confrontation with Erika Harper. It was bitter and harsh and in all honesty I was not expecting something like that happening. It wasn’t the Erika Harper I saw…but yet again nothing on TV is ever true. I knew for sure. People are never what they seem to be, they always have a nice face forward but deep down their ugly. I knew quite well from college…so well. Rubbing my face, I quickly submerged all dark memories and focused on the game that I had to go out. I had to show Erika Harper what I was made of and that I deserved to be in this league.

*****

Standing in the away bench with my teammates I cheered everyone starting. That meant the Bergeron line, Boychuk, Ference, and Tuukka. I saw Harper herself getting into center ice with fellow teammates for the national anthem. Everyone stayed standing as the singer came out, my hand on my heart but my eyes drifted to Erika. She had at that one moment look up and caught me looking at her. We both simultaneously glared at each other, and I looked away, focusing back to the anthem, feeling the want to crush the Capitals fill me. I wanted to be able to beat Erika Harper tonight. The anthem ended and I sat down, anticipation rising as I watched everyone line up at neutral ice for the puck drop. Bergeron, Marchand and Boychuk all had this look of intensity on their faces, Bergeron even sending a small glare at Erika.
Oh Team Canada, I love your loyalty but this is my fight, and my fight alone.
The ref seemed to hesitate to drop the puck and I was getting antsy. I wanted this game to start.
C’mon ref, drop the puck…it’s time to go.
As if hearing me in his head or feeling the tension all over the ice, the ref dropped the puck and backed up quick, the puck being won by Erika.
FUCK!
It’s ok, there was still twenty minutes left in this period for more wins!
“You’re glaring intensively at the ice.” Chara commented next to me. I looked up at his tall form.
“You guessed that right. Erika won the puck. Dammit! But it’s ok, we have plenty of time to prove to her what we have.” I responded, knocking a fist on the bench to emphasize my point.
“Glad to know my new team mate is on the same page as me about Harper. I don’t know why the league bows to her like they do. She’s nothing special.”
“She’s just another two faced citizen. I’m sick of dealing with them.” I responded, almost more to myself.
“What does that mean?” Chara asked.
“That’s for another time. Now get your ass in there, your up.” Chara got into the game and I felt my time on the ice nearing. Closer…closer…closer…
“Alright Roxanne, on the count of three we can launch ourselves on the ice and show the Caps what we’re made of.” I smirked at Lucic who was now next to me.
“Hell yeah Lucic. Lets do this.” Together with Seguin, we all bounded over the bench and made a dart for the puck, which was dangerously in our area. I had a mini panic attack upon seeing how Erika and Ovechkin was overpowering poor Ference. Sadly, Ference fell for Ovechkin’s trick and Erika gained the puck and had full view of the net, hitting it hard.
“Miss butch miss!” I hissed, and it was like the hockey gods heard me. The puck went high over the net and hit the Plexiglas. I skated around the net to go snatch it up and send it hard up to Seguin. Chimera was going after it too but I knew I could easily check the shit out of him and take possession of that puck. After checking Chimera hard into the boards and stealing the puck and doing what I planned on doing, I turned to see Erika Harper skate into Tuukka and sending both of them into the net, knocking it off the pegs. Lucic jumped into shove Erika away from Tuuk but Ovie jumped in to head him off.
It didn’t look like a fucking accident though, oh that bitch was going down!
Darting over, I shoved Erika back hard, dropping my stick and shoving a finger into her face.
“The fuck you think you’re doing? Mad you can’t score so taking your anger out on our goalie instead!?
“You psycho bitch! Its called charging the net, and it was an accident! Wait to jump to conclusions!” She spat back, shoving her stick into my chest. I regained my balance and stepped closer to Erika.
“That didn’t look like a fucking accident slut. You wanna go!?”
“Oh, make my fucking day skank pants!” She cried back. Both of us went at each other before the ref and linesmen came and stopped us, grabbing each one of us and putting distance between us.
“Two minutes for roughing for McGregor! Additional two for Harper!” The ref declared. The two of us were hauled off to our respective boxes. I stormed in and sat down, wiping my face with the towel and grabbed the Gatorade and began to drink it but instantly spat it out.
FUCK LEMON-LIME FLAVOR! WORST ONE EVER INVENTED!
I chucked the thing at the edge of the penalty box and ignored the jarring I was getting from the Caps fans behind me. I looked over to see Erika irritated by Bruins fans behind her.
Wait.
What the fuck!?
We’re in the wrong boxes!
“How do you like the welcome committee?!” I cried to her. “It’s karma for what your fans are doing to me!” She rolled my eyes at that.
“Bitch, please. You think this bothers me? Clearly you’ve never met Philly fans and if this bothers you, you’re not making it anywhere in this league.” I glared back hard at her.
“I will be getting somewhere in this god damn league, whether you like it or not! And not even you or all your stupid little fucking posse members you’ve been sending after me can fucking stop me!”
“Wait to continue to prove my point Mickey.” She mocked with a smirk. “You get so agitated so easily! Its rather amusing.”
“I have my fucking reasons Erika…” The clock was counting down to when I was about to head back out. “Just make sure you leave my fucking goalie alone next time. You don’t lay hands on him.”
“No fucking promises skank pants.” With that, she jumped back into the game following me and we charged after the puck together, ready to gain revenge at each other. Erika has such fucking great speed that she got to it before me but I quickly followed suit with a good ass check, sending her face first into the boards. I may not have speed but I sure had some power behind me. Erika went down and I took the puck, sending it back to Chara and quickly did line change, getting on the bench and sitting down, grabbing my water and chugging some, exhausted from that round.
“Nice fight Roxy.” Lucic said, patting me on the back. “You’re doing your enforcer proud!” I looked up at Lucic.
“Thanks man. It felt good to get at her again.” Seguin gave me a pat on the back too.
“Good fight Roxy. Sucks that you two are hating each other like you are…” He muttered the last part. I looked at him.
“Me too Tyler…me too.” Before any of us could continue talking, the loud horn went off and I jumped up, seeing the puck in the back of our net and I let out a roar in anger.
“FUCK!” I snapped, hitting my stick on the bench in front of me, snapping it in two. “FUCK!” I cried in response. Two shitty things have to happen at the same time. I saw Erika blow the kiss at Tuukka and I start boiling in anger on the inside and nearly started shaking.
Thirty seconds to the ending!
Son of a bitch!
Whatever…I was going to get my revenge. We all waited as the clock to tick to the ending and we all dejectedly went into the locker room. Instead, I jumped over the bench and went out towards Tuukka who was skating slowly over to me.
“Sorry Roxy, I didn’t mean to let her score.” He said, all sad. He pushed his helmet up on his forehead and sighed. I took my hands and grabbed both sides of his face and pulled him into a huge kiss, wrapped my arms around his neck.
“Not your fucking fault. You’ve been doing fucking amazing and it’s making me proud. I love you, and we’re going to kick their asses next period.”

*****

The second period came and we were on fire. We wanted to win this game (ok maybe I did and gave a really big speech about it in the locker room, but the whole team was agreeing with me eagerly after the first period) and we were going to make it so. Tuukka was stopping every shot at his goal and every time I was on the ice, I kept winning that puck and sending to the offensive zone, always catching up with Lucic and Seguin to take up passes. It was hard to get a puck past Varlamov but I was determined! After Ovechkin’s hard hit on Lucic that illegal, we got a powerplay and we were on fire with keeping the puck at the opposing end. Erika and I wrestled with the puck and I won it, doing a twirl around and slapping the puck behind me. I heard a CLINK and then heard the horn go off.
I screamed and jumped in enthusiasm.
I TIED THE GAME!
Fist pumping the air, I welcomed the attack of my teammates and then went to the bench, fist pumping everyone there and jumping onto the bench, feeling jubilant. Sitting down, I began to chat about it to all my teammates, Team Canada themselves giving thrilled hugs. Erika seemed to ignore my goal, getting an encouraging slap on her helmet by Hannan. I knew she had to be boiling in anger on the inside from this, she had to be. It was awhile before I went back in and nothing was happening, just a lot of the puck bouncing back and forth. Soon enough, I jumped back into the game with Lucic and Seguin, knowing we were going to kick ass. Erika was switching too and she had possession of the puck. I charged after her and she saw me and quickly dodged my hit and I felt myself go head into Ovechkin. Ovechkin in return shoved me in anger into the boards, my body smashing up against it and before I knew it, Lucic himself came out of nowhere and checked Ovechkin away from me. Ovechkin turned around and started to punch Lucic and I felt my defensiveness kick in.
“Don’t you fucking do that!” I cried, charging after Ovechkin but I got Chimera in my face, pushing me back. “Don’t get in my way Chimera!”
“Don’t go near Ovechkin then! It’s not your fault Lucic is a fucking pussy who picks a damn fight with Ovechkin.” Chimera sneered back. I growled and was about to punch him when the refs broke us up and sent us to on our way. We lined up for the face-off. Seguin won the face off and sent it to me and I launched it over to Lucic who was in position. I charged off with Seguin into our other positions, holding off the Caps players. Lucic gave me the puck and I chucked it at Seguin who smacked it into the goal. The horn went off and I cried in happiness, skating over and attacking Tyler into a massive hug.
“You did it Seguin! You’re helping us beat the Capitals!” Lucic draped his arms around us and pulled us together even more. We all headed to the bench and sat down, Tyler being praised by everyone around us, including Harper who skated by, and traded some words with Seguin.
“Nice shot Tyler! Good job.”
“Thanks Erika.” He said back, giving her a smile. Hat made me a bit angry inside. Ok, they’ve known each other longer than we have but still…
Ok, I need to stop being like this.
Instead, let me releasing my inner MassHole onto someone else.
“Guess who’s winning now.” I sneered to her. She quickly turned away from me.
“Shut it bitch.” I glared at her retreating back and Seguin shook his head.
“You shouldn’t have done that Roxy.”
“Shut up Tyler.” I snapped. Erika Harper reminded me so much of a little slut from my college years. The sweet little roommate who stabbed me in the back. Shit, why does my past have to creep back on me now? It’s just going to make me angry and bitter during one of my most important games so far and it’s going to cause me irrational shit.
Like snap at Tyler.
I looked back on my wingmate and sighed.
“I’m sorry Tyler, I didn’t mean to snap. Just frustrated and letting my old bitterness come out and do irrational shit…”
“It’s fine Roxanne…but…are you ok?” Rubbing my hand over my cheek, thinking back on memories of the darkest moments of my life, thinking about people I had forgotten and never wanted to remember again…especially the brown eyed, brown haired nightmare of a man.
“Yeah Tyler, we’re good. It’s nothing, just got to focus on this game.” Leaning forward, I pushed shit behind me as I watched the game in front of me.

*****

The score stayed the same into the third period and I felt my adrenaline pumping. I wanted to win so bad, so bad. I knew we were going to do this…we could just hold them off till-
Till Erika sent the puck to Ovechkin and he flicked it to the back of the net. Sighing in frustration, I stopped and kept my face as stoic as possible. Overtime it was then. If this was the game I had to play, I had to push myself so hard next five minutes. I wasn’t going to let her win! I absorbed the sounds of Indestructible by Disturbed played, letting it become the fuel for the fire in me. Ever since the death of my father, I’ve been second…even last. I wasn’t going to be anymore, I was going to be top and Erika wasn’t indestructible. I was going to be beat her. All through overtime, both sides got nowhere and I felt my adrenaline get higher and higher now, since this was requiring a shoot out. Taking a deep breath I let it out, knowing I could trust in Tuukka’s skills.
“Alright, shoot out list is as so. Chara, Bergeron, Seguin, and McGregor.” Shit! I was going out there. I twirled around.
“Coach!?”
“You heard, now pay attention.”
“And the first shooter for the Washington Captials…you’re captain, ERIKA HARPER!” I grinded my hands on my stick anxiously, my stomach all twisted. Erika got ready then carried the puck down the rink, heading right towards the goal and flicked the puck as fast as she could to the top shelf and the whole stadium erupted into cheers, Erika skating to her bench in victory. I let out a sigh, giving Chara a pat on the back.
“Go out there and do this shit justice.” I muttered to him.
“Don’t worry, I will.” Chara went out and took off to the net, everyone at both benches holding their breaths as Chara got closer. With a good hard shot, Chara shot the puck past Varlamov and we all jumped and cheered.
It was tied now.
Ovechkin was next and everyone again held their breath as he headed towards Tuukka.
“C’mon Tuukka…” I whispered to myself. Thankfully, my boyfriend saw all of Ovechkin’s tricks the whole time and easily saved the goal. All of us cheering in victory. Ovechkin skated back to his bench with a very angry face expression and I laughed to myself at it. Bergeron was next and I gave my friend a good mack on the back.
“Go out there and RAPE THEM!” I cried.
“I rather not rape them Roxy! That’s just wroooooong on many levels.” Bergeron said back, giving me a goofy grin.
“You know what I mean asshole, just go get a puck in that net ok?” Bergeron saluted me and went out to the ice. He prepped the puck and then made for the goal, trying to fake a shot right and bringing it left of Varlamov but the damn Russian saw through it and saved it! Groaning, I sat down on the bench, wandering what was coming next. Laich was next and thankfully, THANKFULL that shot hit the post and bounced away. Seguin quickly jumped over the bench in anticipation before I could tell him anything so I silently gave him my good luck. Seguin had a good set up but Varly saw right through it. My hands were getting sweatier and sweatier through all the high tension. Tuukka needed to stop this one. He needed to stop this one.
“Come on Tuukka, you can do this…” Backstrom was next and Tuukka gave a great glove save from him and I let out the breath I was holding and slowly got up, slowly going over the bench and went out to center ice.
This was it.
I had to shoot now or it was over.
The ref put the puck on the ice and I blocked out all the sounds around me and it was just me, the puck, and the goalie. Letting out a breath to clam my nerves, I calmly went towards the puck, snatching it up with the stick and made my way to the goalie, plotting as I went. Varly came out to greet me and take my shot from me but I had a mission to not let that happen. He wasn’t going to take this victory from me. I picked my stick up and went to hit the puck hard to the left and Varly instantly fell for it. When I was about to hit the puck, I stopped and with lightening speed changed the directions to the right and carried it around him and chucked it over his outstretch leg and hit the back of the goal. I skated around the goal, hands up in the air in victory and a huge smile on my face.
I DID IT! I SCORED! WE WON!
My teammates flooded over the bench and greeted me, and I disappeared into a crowd of black and gold. Everyone giving me the congratulations and complimented my ability to get that puck past Varly. The crowd parted and Tuukka came up to me, pushing his helmet up and I skated to him jubilantly and jumped into his arms.
“I DID IT TUUKKA! I BEAT THE CAPITALS!” I then attacked his face again.
“Again!? Timmy, can I sleep in your room tonight? They’re just oozing sexual tension.” Marchand snapped. I smacked Marchand with my stick. Over Marchand’s shoulder I could see Erika with a face mixed with anger and sadness, Backstrom’s arm over her shoulder and talking to her. I turned around before she could see me looking at her and followed my teammates, continuing to heckle each other with friendly insults. Tuukka had his arm over my shoulders as we skated to the entrance to the locker room. He gave me another kiss before allowing me to go into the bench, following Savard’s footsteps and being bombarded with cries from the Bruins fans.
“MICKY!!” They all screamed and I high fived as many people as I could before disappearing. After dropping off my stick and I ran into the locker room.
“I SAY WE CELEBRATE GUYS!” I cried. Everyone cheered.
“Congratulations on that goal Roxanne! You did awesome.” I laughed as I hugged Tyler for his compliment.
“Thanks man…even though you are turning into a Team Canada member…” Ripping off my uniform, I even sang along to the signing of Roxanne with everyone in the locker room.
That was how much of a good mood I was!
I proved to Erika I deserved to be in the league by beating her at her game. I looked over at Tuukka and I again kissed him.
“Holy shit Roxanne!” Tuukka said. “What number is that now?” I shrugged.
“Don’t know, don’t care. I’m just so happy right now. I won my game against Erika Harper. I feel invincible.”
“Don’t let it get to your head hun…” I waved him off.
“I know hun…but…remember that offer you gave me in the elevator last night? Actually…really early this morning.” Tuukka began blinking.
“Yeah…and?”
“I say we kick Marchand out again. This time for good.” I whispered to him. Going in to kiss him again but this time but stopping just short and walking very slowly away, leaving him hanging and knowing he would come knocking later that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
So guys...what do you think about the new rivalry? Erika vs Roxy...Bruins vs Capitals...hoped you enjoyed this chapter! me and MillerxKane88 worked HARD on this together!!