Status: Complete :)

Reaching You

Haven

Skyler gripped me tightly as he hugged me but then he started shaking and when he sniffled, I knew something was wrong. “What happened?” I asked as I guided him into my house.

I sat him down on my bed and held his hands. “He wanted me to have sex with him.”

My eyes widened in shock. Was it possible that someone could have… raped him? But right there in school? I felt my rage rise at that notion.

“Who? Skyler, tell me who,” I pleaded.

“Laine,” he said.

I’d kill him. If he laid a finger on my Skyler I would seriously kill him. After everything he put Skyler through. He doesn’t deserve Skyler, he’s much to good for Laine.

“He wanted me to cheat on you and lose my virginity to him. I said no but… how could he even think that after everything he can just decide he wants me?”

“Did he do anything to you?” I asked, my eyes searching his.

“No,” he said while shaking his head. “I wanted to tell Amanda but… she probably won’t believe me. Love warps the mind.”

I pulled him into my arms. He must feel so alone, save for me. He can’t save Amanda from Laine’s possible cheating and Laine is no longer his friend anymore. Since Amanda is attached to the hip with Laine it makes it impossible for him to really even go near her. But, however, I don’t think that the notion of love has warped our minds. Has it?

“It’s love in Amanda’s eyes but to Laine it’s just sex.”

I pulled back slightly and pressed my lips to his and then just held him in my arms rocking him back and forth. I wanted to be as comforting and supporting as he needed me to be. Even though I had a horrendous headache and felt a little nauseous. He’s been there for me so much in the past while and I for him.

“I’m glad Laine and I didn’t go out,” he mumbled into my shirt. I smiled into his neck before kissing it. Perhaps it’s because then we would have never gone out. With that, I could be truly confident he was happy with me. His arms wrapped around my neck as he cuddled against me. We both fell back onto my bed as his arms moved to snake around my waist and his head rested on my shoulder.

We fell into a comfortable sleep like this and, oh, how nice it was. I know I’d like to do sexual things with him, but I not now, it’s a bit too soon. I really care about him, that is, so I want it to be special.

*~*~*~*~*

I felt something move in my arms and cuddle closer to me before yelping. “I have to get home!” Skyler squealed before moving to get up and I pulled him back down onto me.

“Don’t go,” I mumbled sleepily into his hair.

“Have to,” he whispered back before pressing his lips to mine. I quickly responded and deepened the kiss. He moaned into it and how cute that was.

We pulled away a minute later. His lips were a little red for our kiss.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” I told him before he picked up his backpack and slung it over his shoulder.

“Yeah, later,” he said over his shoulder, smiling.

I laid in my bed for about an hour drifting in and out of sleep before I decided to get up to get something to eat.

My father was in the living room with a book in his hand and the TV on. “Haven, we need to talk,” he said.

It could only be about my grades so I took a seat to listen to his high expectations of me.

“I saw you and Skyler earlier,” he said. A stroke of panic made its way through my body, needles of fear pierced their way through me. “Cuddled together on your bed.”

His book was closed now and on the table next to him.

“I’m not mad,” he said quickly. I stared at him in shock. I was almost sure he’d have been angry with me.

“You’re… not?”

“On the other hand, I’m quite surprised. Are you not interested in girls?”

“I just… like Skyler. Just him,” I tried to explain. “Before you say anything else, he’s helping me get off the, uh… the speed.”

“You’re still doing those goddamn drugs?” He started to raise his voice.

“I was doing it for you!” I yelled back. He gave me a puzzled look. “I was never good enough for you. I get an A on a test, you want a A plus, I place second in my class, you want me to get first. I took the drugs so I could study all night to get the grades you wanted. Just… let me have Skyler.”

His face fell, guilt in his eyes as he looked down. That was impossible. He would never admit that he was wrong. “Haven you…”

“Was I really not good enough?” I pleaded, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

“No, no Haven. I just wanted what was best for you,” he said, taking a seat next to me and placing both hands on my shoulders with that sense of fatherly authority.

“Did you ever think that maybe… I just wanted to be a teenager instead of studying all the time?”

“Just… just keep it up for the rest of the year and… I’ll help anyway I can when you’re in college,” he said. He had been angry when I announced what college I had wanted to attend and said he wouldn’t help me fund whatever I didn’t get in scholarships and grants.

“I… thanks… Dad. And you’re really not mad about Skyler and I?” I asked.

“No, it’s just… I didn’t know you two were so close… And if he’s helping you like this then… I see no problem with it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I thought that Haven and his father would have a bit more o fan argument but when I went to write this it didn't quite come out.
But it's good enough for me, it's about how I pictured it.
Please comment!
I got a lot of comments last chapter and they made me sooooo happy :D