Status: Complete! Sequel started! Check it out! :3

I Won't Be Home for Christmas

six

Two weeks later, it was Christmas Eve and Oli had all of his friends over at his house for dinner and exchanging presents. I was in the kitchen getting more beer when he came up behind me.

“’Ello, love, ‘re yeh havin’ fun?” he breathed in my ear, putting his arms around my waist.

“Of course I am. This is the best Christmas Eve I’ve ever had,” I said, and he whirled me around so that I was looking at him.

“I’m glad. I did all this for yeh, yeh know. Normally on Christmas Eve, we’d all jus’ be out drinkin’ somewhere,” he said, smiling at me.

“Thank you,” I said simply, tears of joy quickly rising to my eyes.

“Why ‘re yeh cryin’?” he asked, looking worried.

“I just… no one’s ever been as nice to me as you are,” I said, and he smiled again.

“Yeh deserve it,” he replied, leaning down to kiss me.

~

Later that night, after all the guests were gone and Oliver was asleep, I sat up in bed, not able to sleep. My mind was swimming with thoughts of the amazing day I’d had and the probably even better one that was coming next. I glanced down at Oliver and the thought of the first time I’d seen him instantly popped into my head. I had to smile at the fact that my first impression of him was so completely different than Oliver himself. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that he was the best thing that had ever happened to me. I’d never had anyone care as much about me as he did, and it felt good. ‘Maybe,’ I thought to myself, ‘just maybe I’ll stay in Sheffield for a while.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I am really just complete shit with endings. I know this is a rather bad ending, but there will be a sequel of this in the next few weeks or so, so look out for that! :) Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoyed it.