Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Study Is Not A Lesson

Ok so yes she was pissed at Anna but she had a good reason to be. She'd never gotten in trouble in her whole schooling life and then because Anna had not shut up they'd both been put on time out. Bailey was not a goody goody nerd, no she was far from it but she had a clean record and now she'd reached year 12 and gotten her first time out ever. She was not happy.
"You got a time out?" Tilly snickered.
"Fuck you man. You have no idea how pissed off I am at the moment!" Bailey hissed at her best friend. They were on their way to study and they both knew they wouldn't be doing any first study lesson of the year.
"Who do we have for this lesson anyway?" Tilly asked as they leant against the lockers waiting for the teacher.
"Some guy I've never had before." Bailey said bordly. She hadn't been at Corma College for all her high school life. She'd came at the end of year 10.
"Well that gets rid of about six teachers." Tilly said mocking her. Bailey hit her on the arm.
"I'm serious Tills. Don't mess with me today." she warned.
"You know I will never take you seriously." Tilly said smiling.
"And you're a bitch." Bailey sighed. A lot of their conversations went something like this.
"Yeah but I'm your bitch." Tilly laughed.
"And I always choose the wrong time to join these conversations." Bailey smirked at Lance as he shook his head in embarrassment.
"You could always go stand by yourself?" she suggested.
"Maybe I will." Lance replied.
"Bye." Bailey smiled. Lance was her best guy friend and they were always paying each other out.
"You two are so cute. Can't you just get together already?" Catherine cooed. Bailey rolled her eyes, she had nothing against Catherine but something didn't sit right with her.
"Yeah no." Bailey sighed for the millionth time. This had been the hot topic of conversation for the past week.
"Lance is more like a brother to me. That would just be weird." she continued.
"Yeah and I wouldn't be able to put up with her." Lance smiled.
"Argh! Why won't you two just admit you like each other?" Tilly sighed in annoyance.
"We're ending this conversation now before I say something I regret." Lance said.
"I second that." Bailey said happily.
"Hello guys. Welcome to year 12 study." A voice said from behind them. They all moved apart as the teacher made his way to the door and unlocked it. He opened the door and walked in.
"I'll see you guys at lunch." Catherine said as she walked away.
"Bye." Lance called as she walked away. Bailey chuckled. That was why her and Lance would never work out, it was obvious he liked Catherine.
"You're imagining it. He likes you trust me." Tilly whispered in her ear as she walked past.
"Sometimes I wonder how we are friends." Bailey laughed.
"'Cause you love me too much not to be my friend." Tilly smiled cockily.
"Oh yeah that's totally the reason." Bailey said sarcastically. A few more people entered the room and everyone took their seats. It was a pretty small class of about 11 or 12 people.
"Ok so lets take the roll and see if everyone's here." the teacher said. Bailey had seen him around school but had never had him for any lessons, not even a relief teacher. He had short brown hair, clean shaved face, was pretty tall and slimly built. He even dressed like a teacher, not like some of the teachers who dressed like they were one of the students. A white shirt with a pink tie and black suit pants. The pink tie made Bailey snicker. It was always funny to her when males wore pink or purple.
"So some of you have had me before but others haven't so I'll just tick off who I know is here and then find out who the rest of you after that." It turned out that he knew nearly everyone, including Tilly, but he didn't know Bailey and a guy called Greg who sat down the front.
"Ok so you must be Greg." the teacher said pointing at the guy.
"What's this guys name?" Bailey asked in a whisper to Tilly.
"Mr Watson." Tilly whispered. "Why?"
"Just wanted to know."
"And the one talking to Tilly must be Bailey Beats." Bailey and Tilly both turned red and looked at him sheepishly.
"Umm yeah." Bailey mumbled.
"Well Bailey, this is study and there is no talking allowed. This is your only warning." he said firmly.
"Yes sir." Bailey muttered.
"So my name is Mr Watson and you'll be having me for your study lessons. Any questions?" he asked.
"Study isn't even a lesson." Tilly muttered doodling on her child studies book.
"I know right." Bailey agreed.
"Bailey. Didn't I just warn you about talking?" Mr Watson asked.
"But-"
"No buts. One more sound and I'll move you." he said.
"Fine." Bailey sighed and pulled out her chemistry to work on. If she had to be silent she might as well make it productive.
"Man he was never this strict about talking in the reliefs I've had him for." Tilly muttered.
"He seems pretty set on having no one talking doesn't he?" Bailey said quietly as she tried to remember how to work out the concentration of a substance.
"Bailey, Tilly move now." Mr Watson said looking her dead in the eye.
"What?!" They choked.
"Move. Tilly back corner. Bailey the desk in front of mine." he said smiling as the girls picked up their stuff and moved to their designated seats.
"This is unfair." Bailey heard Tilly mutter. She chuckled at the sound of her friend whining. Bailey sat in the row behind the desk Mr Watson had said.
"I believe I said the desk in front of me didn't I?" Mr Watson smiled.
"You're kidding me right?" Bailey asked. "I'm directly in front of you, just a row away. You can still hear and see me."
"But I said the desk in front of me. So move." Mr Watson said his smile grew as Bailey huffed and moved to the desk a mere meter away from him.
"Happy?" she snapped.
"Very." Mr Watson said before returning to his netbook. Bailey pulled her ipod out and started listening to Tokio Hotel and went back to her chemistry work. She hated it with a passion but it had to get done. She sighed. Double chemistry after lunch, what a terrible way to end the day.