Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Soft Serves

Sure enough Mitch was there ten minutes later at the end of her street.
"I'm going to Tilly's." Bailey called hurrying down the stairs to fornt door.
"Will you be coming back tonight?" Her mum asked. Bailey hadn't actually thought about that.
"Umm no. I'll just stay there tonight and get Tills to drop me off at work tomorrow." she said running back up stairs to get the stuff she would need for the night and the next day. Mitch wouldn't mind, she hoped.
"Ok bye!" she called opening the front door.
"Bye bub." Her mum called. She shut the door and started walking down the street to where she could see Mitch's car waiting. She opened the passanger side door and poked her head inside.
"Hey." He smiled at her.
"Hey. Just a quick question, can I stay at your place tonight and could you drop me off at work tomorrow morning?"
"Umm yeah sure, that's fine. Why?" Mitch asked.
"Just pop the boot for a sec and I'll put my stuff in there." Bailey said walking around to the back of his car. The boot opened slightly and Bailey lifted the door and placed her bag, pillow and sleeping bag in. She then got back in the car and Mitch drove off.
"So why are you staying at my place?" he asked curiously. He didn't sound annoyed at all, more amused.
"Because I told my parents that I was going to Tilly's and they asked if I was staying there tonight and I thought it would be easier so I said yes." Bailey explained quickly. "If you don't want me to stay you can drop me off home after." Mitch chuckled and gently took her hand and brought it to his lips. He softly kissed it before smiling at her.
"Now why would you ever think that I don't want you to stay the night at my place?" he asked.
"Daddy! Why did you just kiss her hand?" a little boy's voice asked from the back seat. Bailey turned around and saw a young boy who looked about four sitting behind her seat. Next to him was a baby seat holding a young girl who looked to be about one or two years old.
"Because she's my girlfriend Max." Mitch said. "Oh yeah this is Max and Chelsea. Max, Chels, this is Bailey."
"Is she going to be our mummy too?" Max asked. Bailey's eyes went wide. Well this was awkward.
"Look Max. McDonalds. Do you want an ice cream?" Mitch asked quickly pulling into the drive through.
"Yes please!" Max squealed. Bailey smiled. The kid had manners. Mitch had taught him well.
"Chels? You want one?" Mitch asked.
"Pwease Daddy." Chelsea's high pitched voice cheered from the back.
"What about you my love? Anything?" Mitch asked turning to her.
"No thanks, only just had dinner an hour or so ago." Bailey said with a smile. Mitch got two soft serves for the kids before getting back onto the main road and continuing on his way to his house.