Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Eva

Bailey flopped on her bed and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She fished it out and checked the caller ID.
"Mitch." she groaned throwing her phone onto the floor. It was the fifteenth or sixteenth time he had called her in the past 24 hours. It was Saturday arfternoon and Bailey was trying to think of something to do. Her boss had told her not to come into work today because of her illness that past two days. She wasn't allowed to come back for another week. It was lucky that she had some money saved up from her last two weeks pay for petrol.
Sighing to herself Bailey looked at the chemist bag on her bed. She still hadn't told her parents, and wasn't planning to. Her phone started ringing again and she groaned in frustration. After it rang out she turned it off and decided to go to bed. There wasn't anything else she could do.

"Hey man what's up?" Bailey asked. Her other best friend Eva had called her to check in. They called each other every two weeks or so just to see how they were.
"Nothing much. What's up with you?" Eva asked. "How's everything going?"
"Yeah it's going pretty well. I've been a little sick lately, but hey." Eva was the one person Bailey trusted above all others. She told her more than she had ever told anyone.
"Really? What kind of sick?" Eva asked suspiciously.
"Umm." Bailey checked that none of her family were around and made sure her bedroom door was shut.
"I've been having trouble breathing lately and I went to the doctors a couple of days ago."
"Do you have asthma?" Eva asked interrupting Bailey.
"No Eva that's you." Bailey laughed.
"Then what's wrong with you?"
"The doctor said it's anxiety. And he put me on form antidepressants." Bailey said sadly.
"Really?" Eva asked. "Are you ok?"
"Yeah I guess." Bailey sighed.
"Why are you anxious?" Eva asked.
"I dunna Eves. Just got some things on my mind I guess." Bailey said.
"Well I am your best friend and therefore it is my duty to listen to you whenever you need to talk, as you have done for me many times." Eva said formally. "But in all seriousness you know I'm here for you whenever you need me right?"
"Yeah man I know. Anyway I have to go. Sorry it's short but my mum just got home and I have to hide the drugs." Bailey said.
"You know how sus that sounds right?" Eva asked.
"Yeah, I do." Bailey laughed. "Talk to you soon."
"Love you Bailey." Eva sang.
"Love you too Eva." Bailey smiled. She loved Eva, no questions asked, why was she so confused about Mitch?