Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Breakdown

The door snapped shut and Bailey resisted the urge to groan in annoyance.
"Are you avoiding me?" Mitch asked leaning against the now closed door.
"No. I've been busy." Bailey said shortly.
"Too busy to call me? or send me an email? or even a text?" Mitch asked, his voice rising slightly. Bailey could see he was getting angry.
"Look Mitch I really have to go. I have work tonight." Bailey said trying to make her way to the door.
"No you don't Bailey. You never work on Tuesday nights because they are not open long enough to give you a minimum hour shift." Mitch snapped. "Why are you lying to me?"
"I don't know." Bailey sighed. Lying was a bad habit of hers, it was also a frequent habit, which was not a good thing.
"Do you not want to do this anymore?" Mitch asked.
"No, Mitch it's not that." Bailey promised.
"Then what is it?" he groaned. "You're avoiding me and now you're lying to me. What the hell is going on?"
"I don't know!" Bailey cried. She slid down the wall and pulled her legs up to her chest. The tears slowly rolled down her cheeks but she didn't try and stop them. She felt Mitch's arm wrap around her shoulder and pull her in closer to him.
"Bail's what's going on?" he asked softly.
"I haven't been well this past week." Bailey mumbled.
"Yeah, you looked a bit down and tired." Mitch agreed.
"I went to the doctors last week and he told me I suffer from anxiety." Bailey said quietly.
"Anxiety?" Mitch repeated.
"Yes. He's put me on a form of anti depressants." Bailey explained.
"That doesn't explain why you were avoiding me." Mitch pressed on.
"I was scarred." Bailey said. "Scarred that if I told you, you wouldn't like me anymore. Scarred that it would ruin us."
"Ok Bailey I want you to listen very closely to me." Mitch said. "I love you for you. All of you. Not just certain parts."
"But-"
"But nothing. This makes up who you are." Mitch said. "And I wouldn't want you any other way." Bailey buried herself into his chest. He cared about her. He honestly cared about her. She knew the answer to one of the questions that had been bugging her for the past week.
"I love you Mitch." she said kissing his cheek. Yeah, she loved him.