Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Eavesdropping

"Hey babe?" Mitch murmured against her head.
"Yeah?" Bailey mumbled.
"Have you told anyone about us?" Mitch asked.
"No, why?"
"You haven't told anyone you have a boyfriend?" Mitch asked. Bailey rolled over to face him, curious as to where this conversation was going.
"No I haven't, why do you ask?" she asked.
"I just heard some guy talking about what he'd do to you." Mitch said trying to sound unaffected. Bailey placed her hand on Mitch's hip and squeezed it.
"Were you jealous?" she asked with a smile. Mitch blushed a deep red and looked away from her imploring gaze.
"Of course I was." Mitch said. "You're my girlfriend. I don't want to hear what other guys want to do to you." Bailey smiled and placed her hand on his cheek, directing his face back to look her in the eye.
"Mitchel Watson you should know by now that I'm not going to leave you for someone else. The guys at this school are tools." she said firmly. "Look, it took us a long time to get together and an even longer time for me to say I love you. Do you really think I'm going to give that up?"
"No, I hope not." Mitch said.
"Mitch what's bugging you?" Bailey asked seriously. It took him a little while to answer but when he did Bailey wasn't quite ready.
"I don't want to hide you away Bailey. I want to show you to the world." Mitch sighed. "I want them to look at you and say 'She's Mitch's girl', to look at you and know you're mine."
"I am yours. I won't leave you Mitch." Bailey said firmly. She kissed him hard on the lips until she ran out of breath.
"I know." Mitch mumbled. "I think I'm just paranoid about it all. I have something so good and I couldn't live with myself if I lost it."
"Well don't worry about that." Bailey sighed kissing his forehead before curling into his chest. His last sentence had stuck with her. He couldn't live with himself if he lost her. That was not a good thing.