Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Second Date

Bailey stood against swing set, her lone figure casting a dark shadow in front of her. She considered making shadow puppets but was put off when she remembered why she was actually at the park. Vernon was meeting her here for their second ‘date’. Their first one had gone brilliantly in Bailey’s point of view but in Vernon’s point of view it hadn’t gone too well at all.
“Early as usual I see.” Bailey cringed as she listened to his footsteps approach her from behind. She turned around just in time to see him in the process of trying to rest his hands on her hips.
“Don’t even think about it!” She spat.
“Bailey my dear, we are going to touch at some stage, might as well get used to it.” Vernon smiled.
“Not as long as I am still alive.” Bailey said mimicking his smile.
“Oh how I long to kiss your lips and neck. To touch you. Your arms, your face, you legs.” Vernon sighed. Bailey nearly threw up in her mouth. He was disgusting.
“Thank-you for putting me off eating for the next year.” She muttered.
“Why are you so against me touching you Bails?” Vernon asked sweetly.
“It’s Bailey. Don’t you dare call me ‘Bails’!” Bailey snapped.
“Fine. Bailey.” Vernon said before repeating his question.
“Well let’s see shall we? You’re blackmailing me into dating you, you undress me with your eyes whenever we see each other and oh yeah, you’re threatening to put my boyfriend in jail!” Bailey said the last part coming out as more of a shriek.
“The paedophile has you wrapped around his finger.” Vernon sighed. “Don’t worry, I’ll get you away from him.” As he spoke Vernon took a step towards her and Bailey’s heart rate increased.
“You stay away from me.” She said as calmly as she could.
“Bailey stop fighting this.” Vernon said stretching his hand out to her.
“I said stay the fuck away from me.” She screamed before running in the direction of the gate. She was almost there when she found herself pinned to the ground.
“Get off me Vernon!” She hissed.
“Now Bailey. You know I have the means to pretty much kidnap you. I don’t want it to have to resort to that.” Vernon said not letting her up.
“If you kidnap me Mitch will call the cops. He will know it’s you.” Bailey said confidently. It was true; Mitch would know it was Vernon if she went missing. He knew everything that was going on with them.
“That is true. So the kidnap plan is a no go then. What a shame. I was kind of looking forward to trying my new bounding techniques.” Vernon said more to himself than Bailey. She really wanted to kick this guy on the balls but she couldn’t get up.
“Now I’m gunna let you up but you can’t run away ok?” Vernon asked.
“Sure. Whatever.” Bailey mumbled not really caring. She felt Vernon get up and stood up too, dusting herself off.
“Good girl. I think you should go home and get cleaned up and we can go out for dinner tonight. Sound good?” Vernon asked. Bailey just nodded before making her way to the gate.
“I’ll pick you up in two hours.” Vernon called after her. Bailey just kept walking. She really needed to find another way to handle this guy, mainly so she didn’t end up pinned to the ground again.