Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Surprises

Vernon had sent her a text telling her to wear something nice for their date that night and Bailey was having a hard time thinking of a story she could tell her parents for her nights style choice.
"Where are you going?" Her mum asked as she walked down the stairs in a black skirt and black singlet top, carrying a hoodie for later of course.
"Going out for dinner with Till's family." she lied, yeah that would work.
"Ok, what time will you be home?" she asked.
"No later than eleven." Bailey said. That way she'd have an excuse to leave that he couldn't guilt her out of.
"Are you driving?"
"To Tilly's then we're getting a lift from her parents." Bailey said making her way to the door. She needed to leave if she was going to get there on time.
"Have fun then." Her mum called as she walked out the door.
"I doubt it." Bailey muttered opening her car and getting in. It took Snuffles a little while to warm up but she eventually got on the road. My Chemical Romance's 'Sing' came on and she turned it up louder. When she got to the place the Vernon's directions had brought her she parked away from the other cars and got out. Making sure her car was locked she slipped her shoes on and walked towards the door. She spotted Vernon as soon as she walked into the restaurant. He smiled at her as she walked over and took the seat in front of his.
"Hey." he smiled warmly at her.
"Hi." she said, surprising herself at how friendly she was being.
"You look beautiful." he said.
"Thanks." Bailey said smiling slightly.
"Should we order?" Vernon asked.
"Yeah that's probably a good idea or they may kick us out." Bailey said. Vernon laughed and handed her a menu.
In all honesty Bailey didn't have a terrible time. She actually enjoyed herself. It was nice to hang out with some who didn't know her. Someone who she could be someone completely different around. Before she knew it they were standing outside.
"I had a really good time tonight." Vernon said with a smile.
"Surprisingly, so did I." Bailey agreed.
"Well, good night Bailey. I'll see you at school." he said sticking his hand out for her to shake.
"Yeah. Drive safely Vern." Bailey said shaking his hand.
"I always do." Vernon chuckled before getting in his car. Bailey followed suit before pulling out of the car park. It was 10:47pm. She had thirteen minutes to get home. Providing there were not speed cameras she could get there in ten.