Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Soothing Touches

"Hello?" Bailey said, not bothering to check the caller ID.
"So I've heard something very interesting yesterday." Tilly's voice said through the receiver.
"And what would that be Tilly dear?" Bailey asked chucking her pajama's in her bag and running around looking for a pair of socks. She was spending the weekend at Mitch's and was supposed to be there in five minutes.
"Well I heard that Vernon has a girlfriend." Tilly said in a sing-song voice. Bailey stopped packing and stood there in shock. She hadn't told Tilly about Vernon.
"Really?" she asked deciding to play dumb.
"Yeah. The funny thing is that the girl he's supposed to be going out with is one of my best friends." Tilly said. "Now I thought that best friends were supposed to tell each other stuff like this. So Bailey Beats, tell me. Why did you not tell me you are going out with Vernon Larkin?"
"Does I'm sorry cut it this time?" Bailey asked weakly.
"I just want to know why you didn't tell me!" Tilly said.
"I didn't want to tell anyone. I don't know why but I just didn't. I'm really really sorry." Bailey said, her voice pleading for forgiveness.
"It's all good. I really just wanted to know if it was true. I didn't think you liked Vern." Tilly said.
"He's different when he's by himself." Bailey said vaguely, looking at the clock, she was over five minutes late.
"But I have to go. I'll see you on Monday." she said.
"Don't get knocked up." Tilly sung before hanging up.
"Lovely choice of parting words, as always." Bailey chuckled before running around her room gathering whatever else she needed. Within five minutes she was in her car driving to Mitch's.
It only took her ten minutes to get to his house, mainly because she was speeding most of the way. She pulled into his driveway and quickly grabbed her stuff. She knocked on the door and the door opened two seconds later.
"I could have sworn you said you'd be here about fifteen minutes ago." Mitch said leaning against the door frame.
"I'm sorry?" Bailey offered.
"You can make it up to me tonight." Mitch winked and let her in. Bailey rolled her eyes and went to dump her stuff in Mitch's room.
"So why were you late?" Mitch asked sitting on his bed.
"Tilly called." she said.
"And...?"
"She started talking about Vernon." Bailey instantly regretted saying Vernon's name. Mitch's face went stone-like and anger flashed brightly in his eyes.
"Why did she want to talk about him?" he spat.
"Nearly the whole school knows that I'm going out with him and she is my best friend. She was wondering what was going on with it." Bailey said quickly.
"He is a disgraced to the male population." Mitch muttered bitterly.
"Calm down." Bailey said rubbing his back soothingly.
"No! He makes me sick, I wish he would go die in a hole." Mitch raged. Bailey sighed and started rubbing lower. Soon she was rubbing up and down his thigh. She knew from past conversations like this that rubbing his upper leg calmed him.
"You should really stop doing that before you make me hard." Mitch groaned.
"Ok." Bailey said cheerfully. Mitch pouted at the loss of contact.
"But-"
"Maybe later." Bailey smiled kissing his cheek.