Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Stuttering

Mitch slowly took her shirt off, exposing her pale skin. Bailey shivered slightly and pulled Mitch's shirt over his head.
"Have I ever told you that I love you?" he murmured against her skin.
"You may have mentioned it once or twice." Bailey gasped, struggling to keep back a moan. Mitch's hands trailed along the waist band of her jeans until they got to the button. Just as he undid the button Bailey's phone began to ring.
"Don't get it." Mitch begged. Bailey thought about it for a moment but then realised it was her sisters ring tone. Sian hardly ever called her unless she needed to get picked up.
"It's Sian." Bailey sighed wriggling out from under him. Mitch sat cross legged on his bed in a huff as she went to answer her phone.
"Hey, what's up?" she asked.
"Bailey can you come get me?" Sian's voice sniffed through the receiver, she was crying.
"Sian, what's wrong?" Bailey panicked.
"Just please come and get me." Sian begged.
"Where are you?" Bailey asked hunting around for her shirt.
"I'm at the beach, near the toilets." Sian choked.
"I'll be there in ten." Bailey promised before hanging up. She redid the button on her pants and pulled her shirt over her head.
"What's wrong?" Mitch asked, his voice laced with concern.
"I don't know." Bailey mumbled grabbing her bag and shoes.
"Why don't you just leave that here and come back after you drop her off?" Mitch suggested hopefully.
"I'm not coming back tonight." Bailey said slipping her shoes on and heading down stairs.
"Hang on! What?" Mitch asked.
"Sian needs me. Somethings wrong and she obviously can't tell mum or dad. I have to be there for her." Bailey said firmly. "I'm sorry. I'll call you later, okay?"
"Fine." Mitch muttered bitterly.
"Love you." Bailey smiled kissing him on the cheek. Mitch grabbed her head and redirected her lips to his.
"I love you too." he smiled.

She found Sian sitting on the wall at the beach and a feeling of relief swept over her.
"Sian!" she called getting out of the car. Sian looked up and jumped off the wall. She ran over to her and nearly tackled her to the ground.
"Whoa kiddo, what's wrong?" Bailey asked with a smile. Sian looked up at her, tears streaming down her face.
"I'm so sorry." She wailed.
"Sorry for what?" Bailey asked skeptically.
"For getting you to come here and pick me up." Sian said.
"Hey, it's what I'm here for." Bailey said rubbing her back soothingly. "Now I know you wouldn't have called me just to pick you up, you would have called mum for that, so spill."
"I-I-I can't." Sian stuttered. This worried Bailey, Sian never stuttered.
"Sian, what's going on?" she asked seriously.
"I did something stupid Bailey." Sian cried.
"What did you do?"
"I went to a party and got really drunk. Some guy kept giving me drinks and I kept drinking them. We went up stairs and made out for a while and then we-we-" she trailed.
"You slept with him, didn't you?" Bailey asked quietly. Sian nodded and looked at the ground ashamed.
"Did you use protection?" Bailey asked. Sian shook her head.
"Well fingers crossed you're not pregnant." Bailey said weakly. Sian looked up at her, tears welling in her eyes.
"Oh god. You are aren't you?" Bailey gasped. Sian nodded and held out a pregnancy test. Bailey took it from her shaking hand and looked at it. The little pink plus sign stared back at her.
"Oh fuck." she muttered.
"I'm so sorry." Sian sobbed.
"No, Siany, it's ok." Bailey said quickly. She pulled her sister into a tight hug and rubbed her back. "We'll figure something out ok? It'll be fine." Bailey looked over her sisters shoulder out to see. She may have sounded confident to Sian but in all honesty she was scared shit-less.