Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Doctors

"Sian? Where are ya?" Bailey called. Their parents had just left for a weeks holiday in Queensland so Bailey had made a doctors appointment for Sian.
"My room!" Sian called back.
"Come on, you have a doctors appointment in about fifteen minutes and we need to go." Bailey said grabbing her bag and keys.

Ten minutes later the two sisters were sitting in the waiting room of the local doctors surgery.
"Sian Beats?" the doctor called. Bailey stood and Sian mimicked her actions. They followed the doctor down the hall to his consultation room.
"Hello, I'm Doctor Hinder. Now Sian, it says here that you're pregnant?" the doctor asked, looking at Bailey.
"Actually I'm not Sian. I'm Bailey, her older sister." Bailey said.
"Oh." Hinder faltered. "My apologies."
"It's fine." Bailey said looking at Sian. Her sister was looking at her knee's with so much focus you would think she was trying to count every single thread in her pants.
"Well what we can do today is take some blood tests and make sure you defiantly pregnant." Hinder said. "How does that sound?"
"Sure." Sian mumbled. Bailey rubbed her back soothingly. She felt so guilty, she hadn't been able to protect her baby sister from drunken guys and parties. Her phone started ringing and she quickly pulled it out of her pocket.
"Sorry." She mumbled to Hinder. She checked the ID and saw it was Vernon. He'd been calling for the past week, so had Mitch. All Bailey had been doing was going to school, going to work and staying at home. She'd hardly even spoken to Mitch. She hadn't returned either of the boys phone calls for the past week. Not because she was avoiding them but because she had honestly had no time.
She pressed the hang up button and slipped the phone back into her pocket. Hinder was drawing blood from Sian's arm. Bailey cringed watching her sister's eyes well with tears.
"Well I'll send this off for analysis and will give you a call in the next few days." Hinder said with a smile.
"Thanks." Bailey said. Hinder gave them one last smile before the girls left. Bailey paid the bill and then they left. Though they didn't say anything in the car ride home both girls could tell they were thinking the same thing........'I hope that test comes back negative.'