Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Tears and Punches

The first two classes of the day passed quickly and before she knew it she was waiting by her locker for Vernon. His face lit up when he saw she was actually there.
"You didn't think I'd be here?" Bailey asked when he reached her.
"I don't know what to think when it comes to you Bailey." Vernon said with a small smile.
"If I say I'll do something I do it." Bailey said sharply.
"That's good to know." Vernon muttered.
"So what did you want?" Bailey asked, not wanting to stay here any longer than necessary.
"Where have you been for the last week?" Vernon asked suspiciously.
"I've been sick." Bailey lied.
"Are you better now?" Vernon asked. Bailey could tell from the tone of his voice that he didn't believe her at all.
"Still getting over it, but it is year twelve so I thought I should at least come and get the stuff I've missed for the last week." Bailey said, leaning against her locker.
"I was getting worried, you weren't replying to my calls, Tilly had no idea what was going on, Lance was beginning to worry too." Vernon told her. The fact that Lance had started to worry made Bailey smile, maybe they could savor their friendship.
"So I've heard." Bailey sighed.
"Bailey." she looked past Vernon and saw the faint voice had come from her sister. Tears were running down Sian's cheeks and her face was as white as a sheet. Bailey pushed passed Vernon and Sian threw herself into her sisters arms.
"Shh." Bailey soothed. "I'll grab my stuff, get your bag and any homework ok?" Sian nodded and then staggered to her locker across the corridor. Bailey returned to her locker and turned the combination for her lock.
"What was all that about?" Vernon asked bitterly.
"She's sick." Bailey snapped, she was not in the mood to deal with him.
"And where do you think you're going?" he asked.
"Home." Bailey said shortly.
"But-"
"Vernon I'm in no mood to put up with your shit today, you are blackmailing me and don't know when to piss off. Take this advice, stay the fuck out of my life for a while and I may talk to you." Bailey hissed quietly so only he could hear it. She grabbed her bag and chucked all her books in it before slamming her locker shut.
"Don't walk away from me." Vernon snapped grabbing her arm. Bailey balled her hand into a fist and punched him in the nose.
"Don't you fucking touch me." She growled as he supported his newly bleeding nose. She ignored the weird looks she was getting from surrounding people and made her way over to Sian. Luckily her sister hadn't noticed anything was going on.
"Come on." she mumbled, helping her to her feet and leading her out of the corridor.
They signed out in the office and then made their way home.

Once they were home Sian told Bailey that one of the guys in her class had started talking to her about Jimmy. Apparently this Jimmy kid wanted to catch up with Sian.
"I dunno what you should do man." Bailey sighed. "Do you want to catch up with him?"
"Yeah I kinda do." Sian said. "From what I can remember he was really nice." Bailey bit her tongue to prevent her from saying something she would regret.
"Well if you need someone to take you to meet with him I can do it." she said.
"Yeah I'll think about it." Sian yawned. "I'm gunna go to bed."
"Yeah cool, I've gotta go do some shopping then talk to your teachers. Where's your timetable?" Bailey asked.
"It's in my diary, that's in my bag." Sian said.
"Sweet. I'll see ya when I get home." Bailey said as Sian walked into her room. Bailey got changed out of her school uniform before grabbing her keys, wallet, phone and Sian's timetable and walking out the door.