Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Up to Chapter 16

Bailey pulled into the school car park, school finished in an hour, which gave her enough time to catch all Sian's teachers before they went home.
"Better see who I have to stalk." Bailey mumbled taking out her sisters timetable and looking in Monday's column. Sian had said she had all her teachers for at least one lesson on Monday.
"Ok, Jenkins, Ballack, Regin, Barry, Simpson and Watson." Bailey said skimming over the paper.
"Watson?" she repeated looking back at the last lesson. Sure enough there it was, Science, M. Watson.
"You have got to be kidding me." she laughed. In all the time she'd been seeing Mitch he had never mentioned having her sister in one of his classes. She made her way through the school finding the teachers as she went. She saved Mitch for last knowing she had some explaining to do and made her way to the classroom written on the timetable.

Bailey got to the door just as the class had been released.
"Early minute!" one of the guys cheered as he ran down the corridor. Bailey waited until she thought everyone was out of the room before knocking on the door and entering.
"Yes?" Mitch asked without turning around.
"Hey." Bailey said quietly. He spun around with wide eyes before regaining control of himself and leaning casually against his desk with his arms crossed over his chest.
"Hi." he said bitterly.
"How are you?" Bailey asked shutting the door and standing in front of it.
"Fine. You?" Mitch asked.
"Alright." Bailey said fiddling with her sleeve. She knew Mitch had every right to be pissed, she hadn't contacted him since she'd found out Sian was pregnant.
"Is there something I can do for you?" Mitch asked bordly.
"Yeah there is actually. Do you have any work that Sian can do at home?" Bailey asked trying to keep her temper under control. His attitude was beginning to bug her.
"Tell her to keep going with her exercise book and reading her text book up to chapter sixteen. If she has an questions get her to email me." Mitch said shortly.
"Ok then." Bailey sighed. "Thank-you Mr Watson." She turned around and pulled the door open.
"Bailey." Mitch snapped.
"Yes?"
"What's going on with you?" he asked harshly.
"Family stuff." Bailey said coldly. She didn't like his tone, it made her wonder if he cared for her at all.
"I think we should stop seeing each other until you grow up a bit and figure out what you want." Mitch said emotionlessly. Bailey's eyes went wide. He was breaking up with her. That was the final straw.
"Grow up? You think I should grow up?" she muttered.
"Yeah, you don't know what you want and I'm sick of not knowing what I've done to deserve the silent treatment." Mitch said.
"Well I'm sorry I'm not mature enough for you Mr Watson!" Bailey snapped angrily. "Maybe you should go back to your wife."
"For the last fucking time Bailey she was not my wife!" Mitch bellowed. "Stop being such a drama queen!"
"Don't judge me you asshole! You don't have a clue what's going on in my life!" Bailey screamed.
"I wonder why that is?" Mitch said sarcastically. "You don't talk to me! You haven't spoken to me in a week Bailey, how the fuck am I supposed to know what's going on in your life? How am I supposed to be there for you and help you if you don't talk to me?"
"You may have failed to notice Mitchell but I am not a very open person!" Bailey said.
"Oh I noticed alright! I thought I may be able to change that, or you might trust me more than you trust others! Guess I was wrong!" Mitch replied. Bailey glared at him and walked out the door. Before she walked down the corridor she looked back into the room to see him standing there watching her.
"I guess you were wrong. Have a good life Mr Watson, I hope you get everything you want." she spat before walking down the corridor to the carpark. She took a pen out of her bag and wrote 'read up to chapter sixteen of textbook and keep going with the exercise book' on her hand.