Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

Telling

Bailey got into the passenger seat and realised how weird it felt not driving. This was the first time she’d gotten a ride with her mum since she’d gotten her P’s. The only reason she’d gotten her mum to pick her up was because her car was in the shop getting some new tyres.
“Are you working much this week?” her mum asked.
“Yeah I have a couple of shifts but not many. It’s a bit annoying really.” Bailey said. The ride was pretty much silent but Bailey had a feeling her mother was planning something.
“You’re not working tomorrow are you?” Mrs Beats asked.
“No. Why?” Bailey asked curiously.
“Just wondering.” Mrs Beats said slyly.
“Right.” Bailey said suspiciously as her mum pulled into their driveway. She trudged inside and made her way to her room. Swinging open the door she threw her bag on her bed without looking.
“Omph!” Bailey jumped a foot in the air and spun around to look at her bed. She almost screamed when she saw who was there.
“What a way to greet your best friend.” Eva smirked.
“You’re such a bitch.” Bailey grinned before jumping on her. Tears of joy ran down both girls faces and Bailey couldn’t help but laugh.
“You’ve been talking to my mum again haven’t you?” she asked.
“You know we do.” Eva smiled holding Bailey tightly.
“I can’t believe you’re here. I really can’t.” Bailey squealed.
“Neither. I’ve missed you so much bitch face.”
“I missed you too.” Bailey sighed. They lay there in silence for half an hour until Mrs Beats came and called them for dinner.

After dinner Bailey and Eva went back to Bailey’s room and put Sydney White in the DVD player. They laid on her bed and just talked.
“So here come the good questions.” Eva smirked. “What’s his name? How old is he? When do I get to meet him? Is he hot?”
“Dunno what you’re talking about.” Bailey blushed.
“Bull shit. You’re phone has been going off all night. Who is he?” Eva snapped.
“Fine!” Bailey said in surrender. “ His name is Mitch. You don’t get to meet him and yes he is fucking hot.”
“So that leaves the question of how old is he?” Eva asked suspiciously.
“Eve’s promise you won’t get mad or judge me?” Bailey begged.
“You know I never would. What is he like twenty or something?” Eva asked.
“Yeah. Twenty two.” Bailey said quietly.
“And why don’t I get to meet him?” Eva asked.
“Because we’re keeping it all a secret at the moment.” Bailey said.
“Why?” Eva asked curiously.
“We could both get into a lot of trouble.” Bailey said honestly.
“Jeez Bailey. I’ve never seen you this paranoid. Who is this guy?”Eva asked worriedly.
“He’s my study teacher Eva.” Bailey groaned.