Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

She's Told Me Everything...Apparently I Was Wrong

Bailey was kind of freaking out a little as they walked up to Mitch’s door step. Eva was walking next to her looking like she was ready to beat the shit out of Mitch if she thought he wasn’t treating Bailey right in anyway shape or form. They reached the door and Bailey stood there staring straight in front of her.
“So are you planning on knocking anytime this year?” Eva asked impatiently.
“Yeah I’m getting there.” Bailey said raising her clenched fist and knocking lightly on the white wooden door.
“He’s not going to hear that.” Eva sighed before knocking louder. They heard footsteps on the wooden floor and a shadow appeared behind the door before it opened to reveal Mitch. Due to the weather he was wearing board shorts and a casual singlet.
“Hey.” He said smiling awkwardly at Eva.
“Mitch this is my best friend Eva. She wanted to meet you.” Bailey said apologetically.
“Hi Eva. It’s nice to meet you.” Mitch said sticking his hand out towards her.
“Let’s get this out of the way ok?” Eva said shaking his hand firmly. “You hurt this girl in anyway, you make her cry, you make her sad, anything like that and I hear about it you are a dead man. Understand?” Mitch stood there not sure how to react but nodded dumbly none the less.

“Glad we came to an understanding.” Eva smirked. Bailey couldn’t help but laugh at her friend bluntness.
“Would you like to come in?” Mitch asked regaining his self control.
“We would love to.” Eva said walking into his house. Bailey followed stopping beside him and looking at him apologetically.
“I am so sorry.” She said.
“This is a surprise.” He said honestly.
“I’m really sorry.” Bailey said again.
“It’s cool. I like her. I can see why she’s your best friend.” Mitch laughed closing the door and putting an arm around her waist. They walked into the lounge room and found Eva sitting on the lounge.
“So Eva, how long are you here?” Mitch asked.
“Only a week.” Eva said.
“Since Mitch isn’t going to offer, do you want a drink Eves?” Bailey asked. “He usually has coke but if not lemonade?”
“You know me well.” Eva laughed. Eva had an addiction to coke, Bailey tried not to encourage it but it rarely worked.
“Don’t kill each other.” She warned before walking into the kitchen. Sure enough there was coke in the fridge so Bailey grabbed three cans and headed back to the lounge room. She gave a can to Mitch and sat next to Eva on the lounge.
“So Mitch I hear you’re Bailey’s study teacher.” Eva said Mitch choked on his coke and stared wide eyed at Bailey.
“You told her?” he coughed.
“Yeah.” Bailey said feeling the heat rise in her cheeks.
“Yes, she told me everything.” Eva said.
“DADDY!” Chelsea’s squeal interrupted the end of Eva’s sentence and Bailey felt the blush rise even higher in her face. She hadn’t told Eva about Max and Chelsea.
“Apparently she hasn’t told me everything.” Eva said looking from Chelsea to Mitch to Bailey.