Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

The Big Screen

It had been a month since Stacey had told Mitch that the kids were moving in permanently and today was the day it was happening. Bailey had suggested that it would be best for her not to be there when Stacey dropped Max and Chelsea off, she got the slight feeling Stacey didn’t like her. It may have been the way that she constantly called her a ‘bitch’ in front of Max and Chelsea or it could have been the constant having a go at Mitch for dating her.
Bailey was on her way to hang out with Lance and Tilly. The three of them were going to see a movie together. The new Harry Potter to be precise. She was already at the cinema, fifteen minutes early because once again she had had a fight with her mother. For some reason Bailey and Mrs Beats clashed. A lot.
“Hello Bailey.” A voice said from behind her. As she spun around the image of an old man came to mind.
“Hey Lance.” She smiled when she saw who it was.
“Did you get Tills text?” he asked.
“Umm, no.” Bailey said reaching into her pocket for her phone. She’d turned it on silent when she left the house. On her screen it read ‘One New Message’. She went into her inbox and sure enough there was a message from Tilly.
~Hey Babe. Can’t make it today. You guys still go and have fun though. We’ll catch up soon xoxo~
“Seriously? She bailed on us? What a bitch” Bailey laughed. Lance just laughed with her and then went to buy their tickets.

Bailey raised an eyebrow as she watched Lance fidget in his seat while the cinema filled.
“Are you ok?” she whispered in his ear. Just as she said the last word Lance spun around and pressed his lips against hers. Bailey sat there in shock unable to pull away but not willing to kiss him back. Eventually Lance pulled away and looked at his hands.
“I asked Tilly not to come today.” Bailey’s mouth fell to the floor. She now saw it was all a set up to get her back together with Lance.
“Bailey I still love you. I never stopped. The stress got to me and I pushed you away. It was so stupid of me.” Lance said quietly. The lights of the cinema started to dim and Bailey turned to stare at the screen. She didn’t know what to do. She didn’t know how to get out of this situation with still being able to call Lance one of her best friends.
“When you went out with Vernon it made me realise how much I miss and need you in my life.” Lance continued. They sat there in silence for a few minutes and Bailey could feel Lance’s eyes boring into her cheek.
“Bails, please say something.” He begged. Bailey felt a tear run down her cheek and she turned to look at him.
“I’m in a relationship Lance. I am so sorry. If I wasn’t in one I’d go straight back to you but I am.” She said softly.
“Oh.” Lance sighed. “Well you know how I feel now. I’m not letting you out of my life again Bailey. You mean too much to me. You’ll always be my best friend.”
“Same Lance.” Bailey said forcing a smile before turning back to the big screen.