Sequel: Hit the Books

Study

You're the Best

Bailey had almost forgotten what it was like to sleep in. For the past few weeks all she had done was run around for Sian. Since Seth had been born Bailey had become a taxi service. It usually involved picking Sian and her nephew up from Jimmy’s or taking Sian to the shops. It had been a month since she had seen Mitch. They’d talked but because Bailey had taken the two weeks before holidays off she hadn’t seen him at school and her home life was keeping her pretty preoccupied at that moment. And when she wasn’t helping Sian she was working.
“She should be awake by now!” Sian’s shrill screech reached Bailey’s ears.
“Sian! Don’t you dare wake up your sister. She has been running around for you like a madwoman for the past month.” Bailey smiled listening her mum telling Sian off.
“But I need her!” Sian whined.
“And she needs to sleep. Have you looked her recently? She is so tired!” Mrs Beats snapped at her youngest daughter. Bailey groaned and decided it was time to get up. Looking at her alarm clock she saw it was ten past nine in the morning. She stumbled to her door, whipping the sleep out of her eyes in the process. Walking down the hall she heard Seth start crying. A regular morning in the Beats household.
“Morning Bailey.” Her father greeted her as she shuffled into the kitchen. “How much did you sleep last night?”
“Yeah, got enough.” Bailey smiled getting the juice out of the fridge and pouring herself a drink.
“Bailey! I need you to take me to Jimmy’s in half an hour.” Sian said walking into the kitchen holding Seth.
“Yep. Just let me have a shower and I’ll take you.” Bailey said before downing the rest of her juice and walking back down the hall to the bathroom.

“Ready to go Sian?” Bailey called from her room putting her phone in her back pocket and slinging her bag over her shoulder. She walked down the hall searching for her keys in her bag.
“I’m going to go see Tilly while I’m waiting for Sian to be done at Jimmy’s.” Bailey told her parents.
“Lets go!” Sian said carrying Seth towards the door. “Bye Mum! Bye Dad. Love you!”
“See ya.” Bailey said giving her parents a wave before following her sister to the front door.
“Have you eaten Bailey?!” Her mum called after her.
“I’ll get something at Tilly’s!” Bailey called back before shutting the door and going over to unlock her car. She still wasn’t a hundred precent used to having a baby seat in the back of her car but she was slowly getting used to it.
“Thanks for taking me.” Sian said gratefully as they headed down the now familiar route to Jimmy’s house. Sian and Jimmy weren’t together but Bailey had a feeling it wouldn’t be too long. Jimmy was a good guy. They got along pretty well and he got along with their parents too, which was always a bonus.
“Yeah it’s fine.” Bailey smiled.
“Mum’s right though. You’re wearing yourself out Bails.” Sian said sadly. “I’m sorry I keep getting you to do all this for me.”
“Sian. Seriously it’s fine. Gives me something to do.” Bailey laughed.
“You’re the best Bailey.”