Hearts That Are Meant to Be Together

Epilogue

‘Amy! Hurry up they’re coming!’

I smiled at the sound of my very impatient boyfriend.

Since that cold winter night everything had been going up hill. Slater had completely transformed although he could still be his grumpy self from time to time. He was truly the caring sweet boy I thought he was when I first saw him with Toby.

The kids loved to play with him and he loved to play with them. He helped the nuns and laughed more then anyone else here.

I really loved his laugh.

It lit up his face and made the world seem so much brighter.

We had talked about everything and anything since then. We had a lot in common but I guess that’s what you get when you compare two hard life’s like ours together.

It now felt as if I could handle anything in the world… As long as he was by my side.

‘Amy? Love what are you smiling at?’

I looked up and met my boyfriends hazel eyes. They held only amusement and love.

My smile grew and I reached for the collar of his shirt to pull him down in a gentle kiss. I loved the butterflies fluttering in my stomach and the warmth spreading through me.

‘I love you Slater! This is going to be the best Christmas ever!’

Slater wrapped his arms tightly around me.

‘I love you too Amy, now lets go downstairs and unpack all the presents!’