Pokemon Adventure

Eterna City

The next day when we’ve all gotten some sleep Gary wants to hit the road again. We start traveling again and Gary is chatting to me nonstop. It’s a bit weird. Usually he talks a little during our trips but not this much.

I ask him what’s up, “How come you’ve been so chatty Gary?”

“Huh?” He says. “It’s just you’ve never been this talkative before.”

Gary laughs, “I guess it’s because I’m happy.”

“I suppose so. We did get Umbreon and Espeon back so I guess that’s a reason to be happy.”

“It sure is.”

We continue to walk, with Gary still chatting up a storm. I see the next city up ahead.

“Hey Gary, is that Eterna City?”

Gary nods and we walk into the city. We see the gym right away. It’s in the very front of the city.

“Can I battle the gym leader first Gary?”

Gary nods, “If you want babe.”

“Let’s go in!” I say.

Gary takes a step forward and I follow behind him. Inside the gym is like a grass field. There are flowers everywhere and the gym leader is standing, looking bored. She has red hair, a head band on, a green poncho, and brown shorts.

She smiles at me and Gary. “Which one of you is going to battle me?”

“Me, but my boyfriend wants to battle you next.”

The gym leader grins, “How about this? You tag team battle against me and I’ll give badges to both of you if you two beat me.”

I feel my eyes widen. “That’s an awesome idea!”

The gym leader laughs, “My name is Gardenia.”

“I’m Sabrina.”

“Gary.”

Gardenia nods and says, “Are you two ready?”

“Yeah!” Gary and I both say.

“Okay let’s go!” Gardenia tosses two pokeballs in the air.

I throw Charizard’s ball in the air. Gary throws a ball across the field. His pokemon is Ursaring. Gary nods at me and I smile. There’s a secret message exchanged between us then. The message is that we’re going to beat Gardenia with no problems. I glance over at Gardenia’s pokemon. I see two pokemon that I don’t recognize. One looks like a cherry and the other has white hair and green skin. I frown and pull out my pokedex.

To the first it says, “Cherubi, a grass pokemon. It has a round, deep-pink body with two stubby feet.”

I point my pokedex towards the other one and it says, “Roserade, a grass/ poison pokemon. Roserade’s appearance incorporates features of roses and decorative dress, such as masquerade.”

“Nice pokemon,” I say to Gardenia.

Gardenia smiles and says, “Thanks. Now get ready to battle.”

I nod and tell Charizard to move forward and use its flame thrower. Cherubi is fast though. It floats in the air and dodges Charizard’s attack. Charizard snorts and flies off, not paying heed to my instructions. I sigh, my Charizard can be hot tempered at times. Charizard uses dragon claw on Cherubi. Cherubi falls to the ground and uses magical leaf. Charizard breathes fire on the leaves and they disintegrate in the air.

I smile, “Good job Charizard! Now use your hyper beam!”

Charizard opens its mouth and a hyper beam comes out. It hits Cherubi directly. Cherubi faints then and doesn’t rise. I high five Gary. He laughs and high fives me back.

“Don’t get cocky,” Gardenia says.

She throws a pokeball in the air and out pops a Turtwig. I laugh, how ironic. Gary smiles getting it as well. He tells Ursaring to use its hammer arm. Ursaring swings its left arm backwards and then charges at Roserade.

“Roserade use poison sting!” Roserade shoots a poisonous needle at Ursaring.

“Dodge it Ursaring!” Ursaring dodges it and Gary tells it to slash at Roserade.

Ursaring obeys Gary and slashes at Roserade. Roserade skips around the field, avoiding getting hit. I gape at it. How can it avoid Ursaring’s attacks? It must be a pretty nimble pokemon. Then again Ursaring is big and clumsy so that may be why Roserade can avoid Ursaring’s attacks. Roserade uses mega drain on Ursaring then. Ursaring is having its energy sucked when I tell Charizard to go and help Ursaring.

Charizard nods and walks over to Ursaring. Charizard uses its flame thrower and Roserade is charred. It faints and Gardenia sighs.

“Return,” she says.

“Okay Turtwig your turn!”

Turtwig jumps in and uses razor leaf.

“Ursaring use hammer arm!”

Ursaring runs into Turtwig and smacks it with its arm. Turtwig is sent flying, hits a wall and faints.

Gardenia looks at us shocked, “Wow. You two are good.”

Gary and I grin. “Here, you two earned these.”

Gardenia hands us our badges and says, “You did great. You’ll definitely be able to be beat Cynthia.”

“Who’s Cynthia?” I ask.

“You don’t know?”

Gary and I shake our heads.

“Why she’s the champion at the Pokemon League.”

I smile, “Oh. Thanks for the encouragement.”

“No problem,” Gardenia says.

We leave the gym and go toward the edge of the city.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Pokemon battle!! Enjoy!! :D