Pokemon Adventure

New Pokemon

Sandgem town is the place where new trainers get their first pokemon. Gary and I are in luck because we can get new pokemon now.

“Let’s put up one pokemon and then check out the pokemon lab.”

Gary nods and we go to the pokemon center. We go over to the machine that trades out our pokemon. I go first. I decide to put up Gardevoir. Gary puts up Nidoking. Once he’s done we go over to the pokemon lab. We walk in and notice a girl with purple hair and a pink and white hat.

“Professor Rowan can I have this Piplup?” She says.

The professor nods and the girl takes the pokeball. She squeals out loud and then she sees us.

“Who are you guys? Aren’t you a little old to be starting your pokemon journey?”

Gary looks embarrassed, “We’ve actually been pokemon trainers for seven years. We’re just here to get the newest pokemon and we’ll be on our way.”

The girl nods, “That makes sense, well good luck on your journey.”

She leaves then and professor Rowan turns to us.

“Who are you two? May I get names and the place you two started your journey?”

Gary nods, “I’m Gary Oak.”

Professor Rowan looks astonished, “The Gary?”

Gary smiles, “Yeah it’s me. I’m professor Oak’s grandson.”

He shakes his head, “You’ve caught nearly three hundred pokemon haven’t you?”

Gary looks proud, “Yes sir, I have.”

“And who’s your lovely friend with you?”

Gary glances at me and wraps an arm around me.

“This is my girlfriend.” He kisses me on the cheek and I blush furiously.

“Oh and what’s your name miss?”

“It’s Sabrina sir,” I say.

He nods, “And you two are here for the new pokemon I presume?”

Gary nods and takes his arm off of me.

“Well there are still two pokemon left.”

Gary looks stoked, “That’s perfect!”

Professor Rowan laughs and says, “You’re free to look at them.”

I nod and we walk up to the table with the two balls resting on it. Gary grabs a pokeball and throws it. It falls to the ground and out pops a turtle with a leaf on its head.

I see Gary’s eyes glitter, “What is it?” “It’s called a Turtwig, it’s a grass pokemon and it’s very strong in its evolved stage.”

Gary grins, “Strong you say? That’s just what I need. I’ll take it.”

“That’s fine but I want a battle after to see if you two are fit enough to be trainers for my pokemon.”

“No problem,” I say and grab the second pokeball off the table.

I grab it and throw it in the air. Out comes a monkey with a flame on its tail.

I gasp, “It’s a fire pokemon isn’t it?”

“Yes it is, and its name is Chimchar.”

I smile, “I adore fire pokemon. My first pokemon was a charmander.”

Professor Rowan smiles, “Okay now that you two have gotten your pokemon would you mind battling me?”

Gary nods, “Sure one on one I assume?”

Professor Rowan shakes his head, “You two against my pokemon.”

Gary and I glance at each other. “Are you sure?” I ask.

Professor Rowan nods, “I’m positive.” “Now let’s go outside.”

Once we’re outside in a field Professor Rowan smiles and says, “Just because I’m old doesn’t mean you two can beat me.”

I laugh and so does Gary. “Bring it!” We both say.

Professor Rowan throws two pokeballs in the air and out pop two pokemon I’ve never seen before.

Gary takes out his pokedex and it says, “Shinx, an electric pokemon. All of its fur dazzles if danger is sensed.”

Gary points his pokedex at the other pokemon and it says, “Staravia, a flying pokemon. It flies around forests and fields in search of bug pokemon.”

Gary grins, “Not bad professor but our pokemon are stronger than yours.”

Professor Rowan laughs and Gary tells Umbreon to go battle the pokemon.

Professor Rowan harrumphs and says, “You’re only allowed to use your new pokemon.”

“What?” Gary says.

“Why?” I ask.

“Well because I want to know how you’ll handle my pokemon. I’ve got to make sure you know how to use them properly.”

Gary sighs, “All right but this is crap. I am perfectly capable of handling my new pokemon.”

“Me too,” I chip in.

“We’ll see,” Professor Rowan says.

“Umbreon come back!” Gary says.

Umbreon sprints back to Gary and Gary reaches for a pokeball. I reach for Chimchar.

“Go Chimchar,” I say.

“I call you Turtwig!” Gary shouts.

Our pokemon pop out and Chimchar glances at me, waiting for an order.

“Ready now?” Professor Rowan asks.

“Hell yeah,” Gary says.

Professor Rowan nods and he says, “Go Shinx use your spark!”

Shinx runs up to my pokemon and yellow lightning is surrounding its body. It rams into my pokemon and Chimchar screams as it is hit.

“Chimchar!” I yell and Gary looks shocked.

“Turtwig use razor leaf!” Turtwig runs up to Staravia and unleashes a storm of leaves.

Staravia is hit and falls to the ground.

Professor Rowan smiles, “Not bad.”

Gary nods and he glances at me. “You can do it Sabrina.”

I nod and say, “Chimchar use your flame wheel against Shinx!”

Chimchar nods and rolls itself up into a ball. Fire is surrounding its body and it runs into Shinx. Shinx falls to the ground and I jump in the air.

“Yes! Beat that!” Gary laughs and gives me a high five.

“My pokemon still have some fight in them,” Professor Rowan says.

“Staravia use wing attack.” Staravia folds its wings into its body then it sweeps them out toward Turtwig.

“Turtwig dodge and use tackle!” Turtwig dodges and tackles Staravia.

Staravia faints and Gary yells, “Yes!”

“Return Staravia,” Professor Rowan says.

“Your turn Sabrina,” Professor Rowan replies and I nod.

“Okay Chimchar use scratch!”

Chimchar runs up to Shinx and scratches its face. Shinx growls but holds strong.

“Tackle shinx!”

Shinx rushes Chimchar but I say, “Dodge it Chimchar!”

Chimchar moves out of the way and I let out a deep breath.

“Use fire wheel Chimchar!”

Chimchar rolls into a ball and heads toward Shinx. Shinx is hit and it faints.

“Wow, you two are really good trainers. To beat my pokemon is unfathomable.”

“Why?” Gary asks.

“Well because my pokemon are five levels ahead of yours.”

“What? We could have lost!” Gary rants.

“Yes you could have very well lost, but you didn’t now did you?”

“No, so can we keep the pokemon?”

“You sure can.”

Gary grins and runs up to me.

He hugs me real hard and I laugh, “You’re squeezing me too hard Gary.”

“Sorry Sabrina. I’m just so happy.”

I nod, I am too.

“Well we’re heading off to Oreburgh city. We’ll see you later, maybe.”

Professor Rowan nods and says, “I hope to see you two soon too.”

We smile and head off to the next town.