Pokemon Adventure

Oreburgh City

Oreburgh City is filled with rocks and more rocks. It reminds me of Pewter City, frankly. We immediately spot the gym, because it’s the first thing we spot.

Gary runs up to the gym and says, “Hell yeah! I’m going to get the gym badge and beat Ash once and for all!”

I laugh and walk into the gym. I see the gym leader up ahead, sitting on a rock. He’s got a construction helmet on and sanguine hair. He also has on construction clothes and glasses. He doesn’t look so tough.

Gary steps up and says, “I’m here to challenge you!”

The gym leader laughs, “All right but I’m not going easy on you just because your girlfriend is here.”

“Um excuse me but I’m going to battle you after Gary does.”

“Is that so?”

I nod and he smiles, “Okay Gary we’re going to use three pokemon. Is that okay with you?”

Gary nods and then the gym leader throws a pokeball in the air. Out pops a Geodude. Gary grins and tosses a ball in the air as well. I see a shape and it takes form. It’s Gary’s Sneasel.

“Sneasel! Use your ice punch!”

Sneasel runs towards the Geodude.

“Geodude dodge it!”

Geodude dodges the attack, and Gary growls.

“Sneasel use slash!”

Sneasel slashes at Geodude and it faints. The gym leader looks shocked.

“You must have your Sneasel at a high level. Attacks like that usually don’t do much damage against rock/ground pokemon.”

Gary laughs, “My Sneasel is at level forty-seven.”

The gym leader looks astonished. Hell I am too. When did Gary level up his Sneasel? I recall it only being a level twenty-eight. The gym leader throws out another pokeball. It falls to the ground and out comes Onix.

“Is that all you have? A pathetic rock snake?”

The gym leader looks angry, “I’ll teach you to respect my pokemon.”

“We’ll see.”

“Sneasel icy wind!”

Sneasel opens its mouth and out comes snow and ice. Onix is hit with it and faints. The gym leader is furious now. He throws his last pokeball out and it is a pokemon I have never seen before.

I take out my pokedex and it says, “Cranidos, a rock pokemon. It’s rock hard skull crushes its enemies.”

I frown, “Gary! Call your pokemon back! It’s only rock! Sneasel won’t do well against it.”

Gary nods and calls back Sneasel. He throws out Blastoise.

“Blastoise! Use your hydro pump!”

Blastoise shoots water out of its cannons and blasts Cranidos. It screams in pain as it is blasted and it falls to the ground. It has fainted. It never stood a chance. The gym leader sighs and calls back his pokemon. He walks up to us and gives Gary the Coal badge. Gary jumps in the air and high fives me.

I smile and say, “You did great Gary.”

“Thanks, I bet you’ll do great as well.”

The gym leader glances at me then.

“Look I can’t battle you until my pokemon have rested so can you wait a day?”

I nod. “Come on Gary let’s check this place out in the meanwhile.”

Gary goes out of the gym and I follow him.