Status: Active

Eyes Like Sunsets

Prologue

Is this what life feels like? I thought to myself, sinking further into my rugged chair. I guess when they say life is full of hardships, they weren't kidding. Sighing, I pushed myself out of my favorite chair, told it i'd miss it, and began to pack again. I felt the constant tugging at my chest become more vibrant, sending shock waves through my unattended, slim body. I ignored it and focused on my work. Upon my packing, I discovered a picture of my mother when she was around 10. I blinked back tears and kissed the photo, placing it in my organized box. I was never one to cry openly, or behind the curtains. Never. I reminisced on the last memories I had of my mother before shoving all my boxes closed, and hauling them down stairs, one by one.

It only took about 10 minutes to bring my boxes down, with a few trips included. I smiled successfully at my work, 'not to shabby', I think to myself. I take a good look around my forgotten, empty house and begin towing my boxes again, this time to my car. I love my car. It's a beat up white GMC Denali, I liked the whistle it sounded when I drove it. Most people told me It was junk, and I needed a new car. But as my mother always told me, “Never listen to the criticism of others. It's only your opinion of yourself that matters.” My mom was a smart woman, extremely intelligent. If only she had seen it coming...

I tossed my big, white boxes into my truck and solemnly walked back to the front porch of the house I used to live in, kissed the doorframe and trudged back to my car. Not looking back, for this house will never be mine again. I smiled a sad smile as I plunged my keys into the ignition, hearing the engine start to life. Backing out of the driveway, I took one last look at the big white house, singing 3 x 5 by John Mayer as I kissed my life goodbye.

'Off to Colorado,' I thought, 'the fucking end of life as I know it.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Prologue! Wahoo! I have chapter one done btdubs. I'll post it if I get a few comments tonight.. if I get none then... I'll post the chapter later.

Okay I need to stop writing stories but, honestly. I feel like this one is going to go somewhere. I'm thinking about stopping Hoist the Colors because... I just don't like it and don't want to continue it. As for Fifteen, I'm going to rewrite a little of it because I don't like the last three chapters.

Now, I did write the sonnet in the description so I would appreciate it if you didn't take it. This story is gonna hit home with you guys... I swear!

I love Colorado and I wanted to set it in there also! I went there this past summer and my gosh, fell in love! I've never been to Arizona however... because if I didn't mention... which I probably didn't... that's where Wynne is from. I can't decide whether I like Gwen or Wynne better. I feel Wynne is more original though.

OKAY, last thing. The image in the top, is from Weheartit, from the user Eyescansee. It's in no way mine and I'm not claiming it to be mine.

Enjoy the prologue, more soon! Definitely (and yes, this is a NickJ fanfic(; )

Xoxox,
Meggan