Status: Active

Eyes Like Sunsets

Chapter Three

To say this dinner was completely fantastic and normal was an understatement. In fact, in the last 10 minutes I've found out that Nick and Lucas are best friends, Nick knew who I was before I even introduced myself to him and already thinks were buds! Oh the irony. All I wanted was to sit alone, write and not have to think about boys. Starting school monday was already going to be a hassle and now, I had to face it with Nick. You know what else I found out? He has 5 out of 8 classes with me. Getting rid of this kid was not going to be easy.

“So, Wynne. Where did you live before Colorado again?” Denise asked me, a polite smile cast upon her aging face.
“Phoenix, born and raised.” I stated plainly, looking down at my untouched meal, scraping my fork against my plate.
“Phoenix is nice! In fact, Joe here was born in Arizona himself!” Paul, the dad, stated averting his eyes from the table.
“Yeah, I miss it already.” I replied awkwardly. “May I be excused?” I asked, pushing away from the table.
“Oh yes, of course! Take the boys with you!” Gardenia exclaimed! I groaned quietly, wanting to get away from all the commotion but instead, it followed me

The boys chatted away as I lead them to the lounge, not daring to take them into my room. I pushed open the door to reveal a massive, relaxing room. Sighing as I plunged into the sofa, not caring about the looks I'd received. My eyes clicked up to meet a certain boys, and they narrowed instantly, in suspicion.

“Don't be shy guys, take a seat. Play some games, do whatever the f-you want.” I stated, widening my eyes at how I almost swore in front of an innocent 10 year old. A low whistle was heard throughout the room and I realized it was from me. Joe took Frankie to go play with toys at the far end of the room, Kevin, unsure what to do, followed them. That left Nick, he took a seat next to me, thrusting his feet over my thighs. I glared at him for being oh so daring, and cocky before shoving his feet away.

“Don't reject me, honey, it's chill.” Nick stated cooly.
“Ya know, to be frank, I think you need a reality check.” I said, sending Nick an ice cold glare.
“Wanna teach me?” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

Anger boiled in me from Nick's audacity. Before I knew what was happening, my hand came in contact with his pale face, leaving an imprint. I huffed, and walked out of the room. Fed up with the Jonas family already. My feet pounded heavily on the wood floor as I walked to my room, slamming the door once inside. I groaned loudly, and threw myself on my bed. Staring intently at the stars I'd pasted to my bedroom ceiling only yesterday.

I stood up deciding that slapping Nick wasn't the best of ideas and I owned him and apology. Upon this sudden impulse, a knock came tapping in on my wooden door. “Come in!” I hollered, sitting back down on my bed. Realizing it was probably Nick, I prepared myself for an apology, only to see it was not Nick but, Joe standing in my doorway.

“Yes Joe?” I asked patiently, coiling my fingers through my long blond locks.
“Look, about Nick..” Joe started, I cut him off.
“No! That was completely my fault! I shouldn't have slapped him, that was disrespectful.” I said, slumping my shoulders embarrassed.
“Actually, what you did was really brave. You see, at your school Nick is the big man on campus, the big cheese. Everyone loves him and any girl would date him. He assumed you'd be one. You definitely did give him a reality check when you slapped the living daylights out of his narcissistic head. I think the point got across now though, he's in the other room sulking.” Joe said smugly, crossing his arms over his toned chest.
“Then I take that as my cue to apologize.” I walked past Joe out of my room and continued into the lounge, yet again. When I first walked in I noticed Nick lying on the couch, eyes shut. I felt bad momentarily, but I assumed it wouldn't last. I cleared my throat, and stood in front of the couch.

“Really to slap me again?” Nick mocked, glaring at me.
“Look,” I said kneeling to his level, “I'm sorry, that was out of line but, you must understand that I'm not here to play your games. I'm here by force and I plan on keeping my life far from anyone as humanly possible. Please, do yourself a favor and don't try. I'm not worth it.” My curls swept down over my face as I rubbed my hands over my tired eyes.

“I'm pretty sure your worth it.” Nick whispered, staring into my intoxicating eyes. I stared right back, unsure of the feelings arousing. When reality came back to me, I snapped my eyes shut and left the room without another sound.

If Nicholas was out to get me then, I best be prepared for the storm.

Image


The rest of the night went eventless, I bid the Jonas family goodnight when they left, sending a sympathetic glance to Nick. Denise had told me how glad she was to have another girl around, Paul shook my hand and thanked me for being so polite, and Kevin, well Kevin just smiled slightly and saluted me. My most remembered see you later though, was from Frankie. He stood at my feet and I kneeled to his level. My eyes lit up in surprise as I felt his moist lips come in contact with my check, sloppily. I grinned largely at him, ruffling his hair. Joe, being Joe laughed aloud and yelled goodnight to me. I received no parting from Nick, besides a mumbled bye. Now, I know Nick wasn't really a jerk, he was probably a nice guy. But, I don't appreciate cocky attitudes and he had one.

When I was finally alone again, I took this as a great opportunity to shower all my troubles away. I stepped into the steamy shower and let the hot water drip over my naked body, imperfectly. The humming soon became full on singing, I covered my mouth in surprise and laughed aloud, probably sounding crazy. It was unlike me to sing in the shower and I hadn't the slightest clue as to why I would start now. When the warm water stopped flowing over me, and I stepped out of the shower. I peered through the window, seeing the flawless rain specks fall from the night sky, my smile increased. Night storms were perfect. I threw on a rusted combination of black sweats and a red t-shirt. My mind wandered back to the previous hours, reflecting on the whole dinner scenario. I felt myself drift to sleep but, was rudely interrupted by a 'click' at my window.
“What the...” I mumbled to myself, effortlessly getting out of bed. I crawled over to the window, opening it quickly, noticing how slowly the rain was coming down. My eyes wandered to the ground and I was surprised at who was there, Nick.

“What do you think your doing?” I whisper-yelled, slightly angered but yet again, amused.
“Rescuing you of course! I want to show you something.” Nick stated, a perfect smirk playing at his tender lips.
“Fine” I stated, grabbing a sweatshirt from my closet running back to my balcony. Realizing it would be impossible to leave through my window, I pointed a finger at Nick, shut the balcony door and quickly ran downstairs. Unsure as to why I was so exited to hang out with... him.

I thanked the Heavens when I saw no one was awake in the house. I unlocked the front door, and slipped through, locking it behind me and shoving my key into my pocket. When I came into contact with Nick, I couldn't help but smile. He looked so cute in his.. well, whatever it is he had on. Nick grabbed my hand before I could protest, and pulled me towards his car, ignoring every word I said.

Once in his car, I asked him the inevitable. “Nick, where are we going?

.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter three is here, ta daah!

Hope you enjoy it, I'm dead tired so I think I should sleep now. I NEED to get better! Being sick can smd, seriously.

Well goodnight loves!

Xoxo,
Meggan Elizabeth.