I'll Miss You Young and Free

Help Your Mother England?

"Kirby?" I tossed slightly, ignoring my elbow that was now throbbing from hitting my bed frame. "Kirby?" The voice called again, sounding a little closer now.

"Kirby, Edmund's gone again and I found a army pamphlet in his pillow case."

I shot out of the bed and pulled a dress over my night gown, ignoring how odd it looked.

"Eustace stay here." I ordered, tying my coat around my waist.

"But, Kirby, I-"

"Are not going to tag along. Trust me, I know how badly you want to snitch on him, I understand. I was your age once, but please just stay here for now." I slipped my heels on klumsily almost falling over.

"Kirby, please-"

"I'll buy you another beetle if you stay." I threw in, putting my hat on my head

"Nice doing business with you, see you soon."

And with that I rolled my eyes and walked out the door.

~~~~

"Alberta Scrubb?" A commanding officer asked Edmund, giving him a 'not buying that rubbish' look.

"Type mishap, it's supposed to be Albert A Scrubb."

"How about Edmund Pevensie? Can I have him back?" I snapped at the younger boy, crossing my arms.

He paled as he saw me and I waved his army pamphlet around.

He hunched over, starting to walk away as the man behind him, maybe a year younger than me giggled at him.

"Better luck next time, aye squirt?" I gritted my teeth at the oaf and snapped at him.

"Oy, leave the boy alone you oaf. He maybe small, but he can still kick your arse." His giggled stopped and other men's started up, but that still didn't seem to cheer Edmund up.

"You alright lad?" He snorted.

"Like you'd care, you just embarrassed me in public."

"C'mon Edmund, you really don't want to be in any wars. My father was, and I never knew him. It's a nasty place for a boy like you."

He gave me a look as if to say 'I know something you don't know', but I ignored it.

"C'mon, let's go get the groceries."
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so obviously a slow beginning, but I like it so far. :) more to come soon! :D
PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!